DAN A4-SFX v4.1

TheHig

King of Cable Management
Oct 13, 2016
2 successful kickstarter campaigns for the A4!? Why aren't any of the case manufacturers begging you for a partnership to put this into full time production @dondan.

Congrats. Well deserved success.

Reactions: Fernando93

Fernando93

Caliper Novice
Jun 17, 2016
2 successful kickstarter campaigns for the A4!? Why aren't any of the case manufacturers begging you for a partnership to put this into full time production @dondan.

Congrats. Well deserved success.

Yes, the Dan Case should be a full time production case (i dont want to wait 7 long months T_T, is like waiting for a child, lol)
But i dont know if partnering with a manufacturer would affect the flexibility for improvements in new versions, since it won't be a "one man decision" anymore i think.

Reactions: lac29 and TheHig

flacman

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 23, 2016
Happy to see V2 funded in such a short time!

Looking forward to see how the DAN HSF turns out vs Noctua L9i

Reactions: TheHig

ondert

Airflow Optimizer
Apr 16, 2017
wow! that's impressive. I just didn't take a look for a day and it's already funded on Kickstarter! Such great success. I have a question before bidding; Can I fit 92mm AIO and SFX-L psu in the case? Thanks

Fernando93

Caliper Novice
Jun 17, 2016
I was curious about this mod as well. Do you think you would need two plexs since it has to power the aio as well?
Using 2 HDPLEX will not be practical because of the size and the cable management, the best option i found yet is the new SFX 750W PSU that EVGA is going to release (before we receive our Dan Cases obviously lol)

Here you can check some info: http://www.tomshardware.com/news/evga-teases-sfx-l-psu-line,34635.html

3lfk1ng

King of Cable Management
SFFn Staff
Bronze Supporter
Jun 3, 2016
www.reihengaming.com
To be quite honest, the EVGA 750w (currently rumored for a 2018 release) is pretty overkill for the amount of hardware that can fit inside the A4. There are users running 7700k/1080 combos on a 300w HDPlex unit so the upcoming 400w HDPlex unit should be perfect for any seeking to free up some additional space.

While I too love the EVGA units (always been a fan of their warranty and RMA process), the SFX-L format isn't as easy to manage inside an A4.

However, a standard SFX sized unit like Corsair's SF600 makes things far easier to manage.

D90

SFF Lingo Aficionado
May 9, 2017
To be quite honest, the EVGA 750w (currently rumored for a 2018 release) is pretty overkill for the amount of hardware that can fit inside the A4. There are users running 7700k/1080 combos on a 300w HDPlex unit so the upcoming 400w HDPlex unit should be perfect for any seeking to free up some additional space.

While I too love the EVGA units (always been a fan of their warranty and RMA process), the SFX-L format isn't as easy to manage inside an A4.

However, a standard SFX sized unit like Corsair's SF600 makes things far easier to manage.
FYI the 400w HDPlex is live for pre-order

Fernando93

Caliper Novice
Jun 17, 2016
@dondan Do you have the window template with the exact measurements?
I want do custom windows panels with my name in the dan a4 v2 (backer#13!)

Yep, i have the same question, i would love to use a cnc to make me some windows with performance in mind, like these early sketches dan made with a lot of perforations achieving lower temps:

AS YOU CAN SEE, THE ¨WINDOW MODEL 4/C¨ IS 6 DEGREES COOLER THAN THE ¨DAN¨ ONE

Last edited:

Fernando93

Caliper Novice
Jun 17, 2016
Hi Daniel, i got three questions:
1 - Will you be releasing the window design file, so we can make our custom windows?
2 - Any news if the gray tempered glass window panel will be available?
3 - Is the final model getting the USB Type C instead of the 3.0? (since you are almost reaching 2000 cases which is Lian Li's requirement for a Custom Port)

Last edited:

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
1. I will upload it later this year on dan-cases.com
2. No tempered will not be possible, but I evaluate the possebility with Lian Li to add a more scratch resistan coating to the acrylic panel.
3. The connector has nothing to do with the USB protocol. The final version will get a typ-a connector and is able to handle USB 3.1 gen1. I will not include USB 3.1 gen 2 with a typ-c connector for the A4-SFX v2.

D90

SFF Lingo Aficionado
May 9, 2017
1. I will upload it later this year on dan-cases.com
2. No tempered will not be possible, but I evaluate the possebility with Lian Li to add a more scratch resistan coating to the acrylic panel.
3. The connector has nothing to do with the USB protocol. The final version will get a typ-a connector and is able to handle USB 3.1 gen1. I will not include USB 3.1 gen 2 with a typ-c connector for the A4-SFX v2.
Hi Dan,

Can you state if you still plan to add the USB TypeC port as a separate item to purchase later on?