DAN A4-SFX v4.1

gffermari

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 7, 2017
I assume some of them may cancel their bid.

The6A

Average Stuffer
Mar 20, 2017
not sure if this is the best place to post this question so mods let me know if not.

I have a v01 case with a asrock x99e-itx/ac and a e5-2690v3 ES 12-core CPU. I was getting to 96C and throttling after 6 mins of AIDA 64 stress testing with the 1U passive narrow ILM and a Noctua 92mm. Not good seeing as I plan to do some Vray & Arnold rendering. SO...I just got the Asetek 92mm AIO. I installed it today without case mods or putting the radiator in the Case (open case hanging out the side) after 25mins it was solid at 69C......nice.

So my question is about the orientation of the fan and rad. In Dans pic and in the link bellow. It seems the air draws in from the bottom over the Rad and is pulled into the 92mm Noctua slim fan and onto the PSU. would it be better blow the air out of the case ? maybe having the fan push the air through the Rad and out the case....Or maybe even pulling the air through the rad and pushing out the case with the fan at the bottom. Any thoughts anyone. I wonder why in Dan's method the air seems to be being pulled in and then emptied inside the case onto the PSU. any thoughts anyone ?

Anyways I will attempt it tomorrow or the next day.

Here is a Video by Glob3TrottersTech about the mod (he seems to be emptying the hot in the case also ? ? )

Reactions: Nee and Phuncz

jeshikat

Jessica. Wayward SFF.n Founder
Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
What GPU are you using? I imagine it'll partly depend on the temps inside the case which setup is more effective overall.

The6A

Average Stuffer
Mar 20, 2017
What GPU are you using? I imagine it'll partly depend on the temps inside the case which setup is more effective overall.

I had bought a reference 1080ti open box from Newegg. Turns out i think some jerk swapped out the shroud and backplate with thier old 1080, cause once i had the card going the OS saw it as a 1080, all specs like cuda cores and memory were 1080. After a bit of arguing with newegg as it took me longer than 30day to realize this, the gave me credit. Anyways neither here nor there, accept to say that i ended up buying a EVGA ICX 1080ti (one with 2 fans ) I seemed to hear that the non reference designs were preforming well. now i am wondering if all this hot air being blown around without a clear exit will be a problem. ....guess i'll see. Off to dremel the case right now.....

Now that Ive been fiddling with it this morning seems no way to have the fan on the bottom as the hoses from the AIO wont allow. Also had the idea of trying to flip the PSU (corsair 600SF) so the intake is at the bottom and cables go at the top. Might be a good idea but means i either make a bracket at the bottom to hold the PSU or drill into the cabling side to make mounting holes...dont think thats a good idea....

Last edited by a moderator:

jeshikat

Jessica. Wayward SFF.n Founder
Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
i ended up buying a EVGA ICX 1080ti

Okay, with a high-end non-blower card like that it probably would make sense to have the CPU rad intaking fresh air from the outside. Though with these things it's hard to say definitely ahead of time, best thing is to just try both orientations with the CPU and GPU under load and see which performs better.

ondert

Airflow Optimizer
Apr 16, 2017
hey dondan, I have some questions. I'll be appreciated if you answer;
1) Is it still possible to pre-order the v2 case and the panels at kickstarter price?
2) I know it's still in development but do you think the HSLP-48 cooler will be ready by the christmas?
3) On the v2 case with the side panels, the max cpu cooler height is indicated as 54.4 mm. So, I just looked for the shortest cpu coolers still capable of cooling a 95w cpu and I found the Scythe Kozuti. It's a 40mm height cpu cooler. Scythe also makes one of the slimmest 120mm fans with only 12mm height; Scythe Slip Stream 120mm Slim
With the total height of 52mm, do you think it is possible to use them together. It will look like a slim version of Noctua NH-L12.

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
Update:

• The updated version of the User Manual is online now. I updated all drawings so it match with the A4-SFX v2. ( https://dan-cases.com/downloads/a4sfx_manual2.0.pdf )
  • I am proud to introduce you DIRAC (http://www.dirac.co.jp/) my new reseller for the Japanese market. If you are from Japan you will be able to order your A4-SFX v2 in early 2018 here.
  • In September Lian Li will start manufacturing ~3000 units of the A4-SFX v2. The assembly process will start in Oct. - Nov. if the 3M riser arrive.
  • Last week I got my EAN numbers so the A4-SFX v2 carton will have a bar-code that is readable on the European market.
  • Because of the extreme low faulty rate of the A4-SFX v1 Caseking and OverclockersUK will create a limited crazy prebuild system series under the label of an well known overclocker with some of the warranty samples.
  • Yesterday I send the new drawings of the HSLP-48 of an 6 and 5 heatpipe version and a Prototype Production Guide to my OEMs.
  • If the production will start in Sep. I will have more time of working on the CAD drawings of my following project.

Thank you for your support

Daniel

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
Oh wow that's a lot of great news ! Well done on the Japan reseller and Caseking/OCUK deals, can also not wait to see your next project !

Reactions: Biowarejak

MerkuR

Efficiency Noob
May 31, 2017
Hi @dondan

Is the case still available for pre-order in Overclockers?

I'm from Mexico and want to switch my NCASE for something even smaller, and seems like Overclockers is the only place who ships here.

gffermari

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 7, 2017
I have just moved in London, UK.
Can i change the shipping address so that the case come here when it will be ready?