CustomMod Mini build

TheHig

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Oct 13, 2016
Can I ask, what colour did you go for? Looks kinda grey!

It is most definitely grey. If you look through the main Custom Mod Mini thread this case is pictured a few times. I don't recall the exact number on the order form I chose for color ATM though.

Parge

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 8, 2015
It is most definitely grey. If you look through the main Custom Mod Mini thread this case is pictured a few times. I don't recall the exact number on the order form I chose for color ATM though.

That's cool! I just wanted to clarify because I wanted to order white, but thought you might have ordered white and it turned up looking more grey.

Curiosity

Too busy figuring out if I can to think if I shoul
Platinum Supporter
Bronze Supporter
M...M...M...M...Multi-Tier...Subscriber...
Apr 30, 2016
about how much space is between the L9i and the outside face of the side panel?
2-3mm?
I'm trying to get clever with heatsinks and trying to figure out my limits if I mod.

Reactions: W1NN1NG

TheHig

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Oct 13, 2016
I measure about 5mm from the fan to the inside of my panel. I have a batch one and it may have slightly different tolerances than the later revisions. So you probably have 3 mm to play with. Closer to the side panel will up the turbulence and noise many say though. You probably are aware but worth mentioning.

Curiosity

Too busy figuring out if I can to think if I shoul
Platinum Supporter
Bronze Supporter
M...M...M...M...Multi-Tier...Subscriber...
Apr 30, 2016
Awesome, thanks!
I was actually thinking of trying to squeeze a 40mm tall top down cooler like the cooljag/ dan's cooler/ and AXP100 by cutting the side Panel a little and squeezing it over. I really love cooling fins than think it would be a cool visual effect if I can make it work.

Reactions: TheHig