In Win itx case mod

TheHig

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Oct 13, 2016
This is almost a ghetto mod with all the talent around here!
Quick and dirty chop job to get a low profile gtx 750 ti into a case that has no room. I added a frame with oak scraps to bump the width and the side panel is held by neodymium magnets. I then added some flat black spray paint, a 5 dollar vinyl decal and a brushed nickel style drawer pull to finish.

In-Win BQ656 case that I picked up on ebay. Its the same style I used in a Kabini build for a pal.

Specs.
i3 4160
cryorig c7 cpu cooler
Asrock h81 itx
8gb Adata gaming ram
gigabyte 750 ti low profile
crucial 275 gb ssd
minibox pico 160xt and 192w brick

I have no means of measuring power draw but the system passes all stress testing with OCCT cpu test and some Heaven runs without any crashing etc. I took it to a friends placed and gamed on it all night without issue so I'm calling it a success. ;)

View post on imgur.com

PS. for the life of me I could not get the album to embed with my phone.. :mad:

Last edited:

confusis

John Morrison. Founder and Team Leader of SFF.N
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
Love the rough and ready style. The In Win Chopin uses the same core chassis too!

Reactions: TheHig

TheHig

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Oct 13, 2016
Love the rough and ready style. The In Win Chopin uses the same core chassis too!

As a matter of fact it was the Chopin review on SFF.net that started me looking into this type of case in the first place! The Chopin is way too nice to hack up so its great that these can be found for cheap without a PSU.

Thanks for all the kind words everyone and have a Happy New Year!