Stalled Custom_MOD MINI

Michael

Average Stuffer
Jan 3, 2016
Do you have an estimate as to when batch 5 will arrive in the USA? I feel like we all have waited pretty patiently and for me I need it before the end of August because I planned on taking this on a few trips in September.

Curiosity

Too busy figuring out if I can to think if I shoul
Platinum Supporter
Bronze Supporter
M...M...M...M...Multi-Tier...Subscriber...
Apr 30, 2016
@Michael he said he expects to start shipping in about a week, that gives you approximately 3 days before the end of the month. My case took 9 days to arrive.

W1NN1NG

King of Cable Management
Jan 19, 2017
Hope this case redesign is not going to delay things too much. Need my system before 14/09 for a trip. The time between ordering and actual client delivery is too much for this kind of project. I normally have no issue waiting but when you order something expecting to have it for a trip two month later... it gets kind of nerves because i sure as hell have no backup plan. I can not exactly take a naked system with me. :(
you have to think man there are people that waited 3+ months for their s4 minis it comes as part of the process with these kinds of projects unfortunately

W1NN1NG

King of Cable Management
Jan 19, 2017
Who here all has a case in batch 5 and what colors did you all go for and what vent designs I'm excited for @sergiiua so just to pass the time I figured I'd start the discussion and give a brief detailing of why you decided on the options you decided on?

Parge

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 8, 2015
I do. Matt white colour - vent pattern 9 - you can see my order below - number 19. I'm very very excited. Just so happened that my current setup can fit right into the case, no hardware changes required (Giga 1070, HyperX, L9i, NVME 1TB SSD, Asus Impact and a 4790s)

dananglabs

Cable Smoosher
Mar 9, 2017
hi, I have received my 3.24L (batch 2 maybe). i have question, this is my parts:

1. i7 7700 kaby
2. asrock fatality itx (thunderbolt) motherboard
3. GPU 1070 aero MSI
4. ram kingston hyper x 16gb
5. m.2 ssd 1tb pro
6. g-unique

regarding of GPU 1070 Aero, how can i put this card into the chasis? is someone already tried to put this one? the one @Curiosity, Jul 4, 2017 video on youtube post showing that he remove the cooler fan of the GPU.

how can we put the card without removing the cooler fan?
any help would be appreciated!!

regards,

dw

Reactions: Acalanata

W1NN1NG

King of Cable Management
Jan 19, 2017
hi, I have received my 3.24L (batch 2 maybe). i have question, this is my parts:

1. i7 7700 kaby
2. asrock fatality itx (thunderbolt) motherboard
3. GPU 1070 aero MSI
4. ram kingston hyper x 16gb
5. m.2 ssd 1tb pro
6. g-unique

regarding of GPU 1070 Aero, how can i put this card into the chasis? is someone already tried to put this one? the one @Curiosity, Jul 4, 2017 video on youtube post showing that he remove the cooler fan of the GPU.

how can we put the card without removing the cooler fan?
any help would be appreciated!!

regards,

dw
I haven't recieved mine and know im going to experience same issues since I have the 1060 aero (theyre the same length) based off curiosity's experiences from what I'm examined best way maybe to remove the rivets from the front part of the frame bend that forward and insert or maybe come in from a top angle and insert the pci bracket on and slowly level it down, Id probably replace the rivets in the front with small nuts and countersunk screws for removal of the card later. Ill see how much issues I have when I receive mine im in batch 5 which i believe is supposed to ship out tomorrow based on what serg said on one of the other threads for the slim i believe

Reactions: Biowarejak

Curiosity

Too busy figuring out if I can to think if I shoul
Platinum Supporter
Bronze Supporter
M...M...M...M...Multi-Tier...Subscriber...
Apr 30, 2016
Before modifying the case try installing it as is, keep in mind the evga card is longer than the specs EVGA has listed.
Then if it doesn't fit try removing the pci bracket from the card.
With my shroud cut down it's still a very tight fit for my 1060 SC, but it does fit. The only real "issue" I have is no pci bracket, but friction + the pcie slot keep the card in its place fine.

Reactions: Biowarejak

dananglabs

Cable Smoosher
Mar 9, 2017
I haven't recieved mine and know im going to experience same issues since I have the 1060 aero (theyre the same length) based off curiosity's experiences from what I'm examined best way maybe to remove the rivets from the front part of the frame bend that forward and insert or maybe come in from a top angle and insert the pci bracket on and slowly level it down, Id probably replace the rivets in the front with small nuts and countersunk screws for removal of the card later. Ill see how much issues I have when I receive mine im in batch 5 which i believe is supposed to ship out tomorrow based on what serg said on one of the other threads for the slim i believe

Before modifying the case try installing it as is, keep in mind the evga card is longer than the specs EVGA has listed.
Then if it doesn't fit try removing the pci bracket from the card.
With my shroud cut down it's still a very tight fit for my 1060 SC, but it does fit. The only real "issue" I have is no pci bracket, but friction + the pcie slot keep the card in its place fine.

i will wait for others to give some insight, i tried different angle to put it in with no luck. I hope there will be solution without to modified anything to both chasis and gpu. the temporary solution possible only is to remove the pci bracket from the card (this has to remove the cooler first and then the bracket). however, to do this. I have to remove sticker warranty on the card, therefor I will also lose the warranty of the card (3 years warranty will void).

W1NN1NG

King of Cable Management
Jan 19, 2017
i will wait for others to give some insight, i tried different angle to put it in with no luck. I hope there will be solution without to modified anything to both chasis and gpu. the temporary solution possible only is to remove the pci bracket from the card (this has to remove the cooler first and then the bracket). however, to do this. I have to remove sticker warranty on the card, therefor I will also lose the warranty of the card (3 years warranty will void).
You shouldn't have to remove the cooler to remove the bracket.

Reactions: Curiosity