Stalled Custom_MOD MINI

W1NN1NG

King of Cable Management
Jan 19, 2017
True, compared with the solutions I'm seeing at the forum.
Is there any thread where someone put G-Unique 400w to test along with the modded power-brick? Damn I'll end up ordering the bundle: Case + PSU + power brick to avoid headaches. I already have a HDPlex and a 330w Dell power brick and I need 2 cases, just trying to hurt less my wallet.
I mean, im using a 400w gunique if thats what you mean, i bought mine separately for my modmini mainly due to needing a psu to have while I waited on my case but mine works great. brick gets a little warm but not hot by any means Im using an i5 7500 and 1060 aero itx 6gb have never had an issue out of it gurys work is incredible its definitely something id say is worth your money. I also will say I don't believe youll ever have any issues out of it aside from maybe working it out of your 24pin which imo I probably only experience because im afraid of damaging any portion of it since its my very first pico styled psu

Johnboy

Chassis Packer
Aug 4, 2017
Thanks @W1NN1NG for your response.
@sergiiua I do have some questions and I'm sorry if you answered those already:
1. The 8 pin connector for the PSU on the pictures it's the connector for the G-Unique power brick right? No adapters required.
2. The G-Unique 400w you refer at the first post is the same from this post? https://smallformfactor.net/forum/threads/g-unique-400w-slim-dc-atx.1224/ . If not, what internal DC-ATX PSU comes with the bundle?
3. Ordering the bundle that is: Case + PSU (which includes Internal DC-ATX + Power Brick) I get everything I need correct?

EDIT:
4. Regarding front panel: The USB-C port adapter will be at the front of the case at the same location of the USB 3.0 Type-A port adapter?
5. There's any intention to implement a front panel with audio out along with a power button? If yes...it can be ordered for the next batch?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

W1NN1NG

King of Cable Management
Jan 19, 2017
1. The 8 pin connector for the PSU on the pictures it's the connector for the G-Unique power brick right? No adapters required.
2. The G-Unique 400w you refer at the first post is the same from this post? https://smallformfactor.net/forum/threads/g-unique-400w-slim-dc-atx.1224/ . If not, what internal DC-ATX PSU comes with the bundle?
3. Ordering the bundle that is: Case + PSU (which includes Internal DC-ATX + Power Brick) I get everything I need correct?

EDIT:
4. Regarding front panel: The USB-C port adapter will be at the front of the case at the same location of the USB 3.0 Type-A port adapter?
5. There's any intention to implement a front panel with audio out along with a power button? If yes...it can be ordered for the next batch?

Thanks in advance.
I can answer that one for you too :) yes the 8 pin is the connector for the brick, no adapters needed :) Also the psu that comes bundled is the arch daemon 400w
The bundle includes psu, brick and chassis :) and the chassis comes with the pci extender :)

Flybird

Chassis Packer
Aug 4, 2017
True, compared with the solutions I'm seeing at the forum.
Is there any thread where someone put G-Unique 400w to test along with the modded power-brick? Damn I'll end up ordering the bundle: Case + PSU + power brick to avoid headaches. I already have a HDPlex and a 330w Dell power brick and I need 2 cases, just trying to hurt less my wallet.

EDIT: Found the thread :).
G-Unique is my friend. I only can tell you.his psu is very awesome. and @sergiiua's price is very close to cost price。This psu if i buy it at G-unique cost about 180$. so sergiiua is a honest business man.you can never worry about the psu.

Reactions: Biowarejak

sergiiua

The builder of unique cases ...
Original poster
CustomMOD
Jan 11, 2017
www.custom-mod.com

EDIT:

Thanks in advance.
Front limited place. You can place YUSB 3.0 (or 3.1), the power button, 2 3.5mm audio jacks.

Johnboy

Chassis Packer
Aug 4, 2017
@Johnboy iirc @guryhwa ran the 400w with 2x 1080s and am i7 no problem
@Curiosity that's great to hear. But I'm not really concerned about the PSU muscles since I'll run a Quadro low profile 35w on both units. I read the @guryhwa entire post and I don't have any doubt that he really knows what he's doing, my only concern is on the long run and 24/7 work. We have 8 giant workstations here with proud people using it everyday. Most of it Xeons E3 (aka i7 without iGPU). I just want to show them that I can have the same result with this tiny little thing seating on my table and dead silent. I don't need space for HD's. All storage we have is on a 10Gbps network. I will use a thunderbolt to Ethernet 10Gbps adapter and M.2 NVMe inside the case on the back of the motherboard. I insisted on questions about HDPlex 400w because that one we tested and it's pretty stable and cool (considering).
I'm willing to buy one unit and see how it goes. For quite some we have several small cases on the market but the mini is another thing. Congratulations for @sergiiua for your effort and passion. I have clear in mind that isn't only business oriented and I don't want to contaminate such pure project with suggestions that will deviate from its natural path.

Reactions: Curiosity

Curiosity

Too busy figuring out if I can to think if I shoul
Platinum Supporter
Bronze Supporter
M...M...M...M...Multi-Tier...Subscriber...
Apr 30, 2016
Ah, ok.
From my experience the brick gets warm but not super hot or anything. I'll test it some tonight for you and tell you how it feels after running some benchmark for a while.

Reactions: W1NN1NG

W1NN1NG

King of Cable Management
Jan 19, 2017
Hell
Ah, ok.
From my experience the brick gets warm but not super hot or anything. I'll test it some tonight for you and tell you how it feels after running some benchmark for a while.
Hell mine gets no warmer than my sx600g did and it had a fan lol

Johnboy

Chassis Packer
Aug 4, 2017
Front limited place. You can place YUSB 3.0 (or 3.1), the power button, 2 3.5mm audio jacks.

So usb type-c is too bulky to fit in the front panel? Do you have mockup's with everything the front panel can fit?
I wonder when we'll have just one 3.5mm for audio/mic. In general I meant, it's very popular on notebooks already and I did a search for a front panel like that with no results. Since the Mini is perfect on the desk, a front panel with audio can be finally usefull. Some ITX motherboards have a different treatment for the audio in the front panel like better isolation against the interference and a dedicated amplifier just for the headphones.

Johnboy

Chassis Packer
Aug 4, 2017
G-Unique is my friend. I only can tell you.his psu is very awesome. and @sergiiua's price is very close to cost price。This psu if i buy it at G-unique cost about 180$. so sergiiua is a honest business man.you can never worry about the psu.
Sorry Flybird, I didn't see your post earlier. In fact I don't have any doubt about @sergiiua or @guryhwa honesty. That's not what I meant and if I was not clear enough I apologize. I prefer to pay a little more if that's the case and get everything in one place :).

W1NN1NG

King of Cable Management
Jan 19, 2017
Sorry Flybird, I didn't see your post earlier. In fact I don't have any doubt about @sergiiua or @guryhwa honesty. That's not what I meant and if I was not clear enough I apologize. I prefer to pay a little more if that's the case and get everything in one place :).
Yeah :) the bundle includes everything you need. Besides your actual PC hardware that is. Lol if that's what you were saying

Flybird

Chassis Packer
Aug 4, 2017
my apologize.my English is poor, maybe i mean not too clear,in fact i just want to let you know this psu you deserve to buy.

Reactions: Johnboy and W1NN1NG

br3nd0

Airflow Optimizer
Sep 29, 2016
Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere, has anyone posted any specs/results for builds with the dust filters on this case?