Stalled Custom_MOD MINI

soulazy

Case Bender
Aug 1, 2017
I'd say you're very correct. The 7700 would be fine. But k varient I wouldn't go with. And if you go with the 7700 I'd save some money and go with the h270i Strix Mobo. Which is what I went with fantastic board still have the dual m.2 as well.
thank you and ketchup answear my question, how about if i want 7700K with 3.42L case, what else change do i need? also is this case able ship to CHINA?

Reactions: seto

Ketchup

Trash Compacter
Jul 13, 2016
@soulazy, if you want the 3.42L case, then the heat sinks available are very limited because of the height restriction. The best you'll be able to buy is probably the L9I. If you're gonna play games, video editing or anything that will use the CPU a lot, it's probably gonna overheat. At that point, the CPU will just protect itself and downcloak which will negate most if not all advantages of the 7700K speed wise.

So, your options are:

- Choose a 65W CPU.
- Choose another case. The Flex 4.8L from sergiiua accepts coolers of up to 48mm. You could put a Cryorig C7 on your 7700K.
- Ask sergiiua to customize the case so that you could fit a Cryorig C7. That would require about 11mm more on the motherboard side, so that would make the case 111mm X 180mm X 190mm. You would get a case that's 3.8L. Still very small if that's what you want.

Just remember that a 7700K paired with a GTX 1070 is starting to generate a lot of heat in such a small space. Granted some of the vents available, namely the honeycomb, give plenty of heat dissipation possibilities, but unless you intend to mod the case to add fans to push that hot air out and bring cold air in, the potential of those vents will not be fully utilized.

As for shipping to china, that's a question only @sergiiua can answer.

QuantumBraced

Master of Cramming
Mar 9, 2017
I think with proper undervolting the 7700K will be okay. You can even overclock it a tiny bit, to 4.6GHz on all cores if you have a good chip. That is, if you won't be running it at 100% for long periods of time, then it'll get hot and loud. For gaming you should be fine, games don't run the CPU at 100%, most games don't get anywhere near that. Even Noctua clears the L9i for 95W chips and they are usually pretty conservative. I think this case counts as having good ventilation because it's basically all fresh air intake and immediate passive exhaust, there's really not much case to speak of, it's a mesh box. Again, with undervolting, and even a small overclock, I think you can stay south of 95W, and you will certainly be okay with no overclocking.

Remember, you can always underclock the 7700K to perform/consume the same as a 7700. And considering it costs about the same as a 7700, and you will be getting an aftermarket cooler anyway, and it will have a much better resale value, I think it's definitely worth getting a 7700K.

Last edited:

Flybird

Chassis Packer
Aug 4, 2017
@sergiiua I like this case very much.So I have a few question want you answer pls.
- which PIN ports does your power supply has? I have to make sure it will fit my motherboard and Video Card. (mobo asus z270i strix.Video Card:gigabyte 1070mini).
- For power button LED light, is that possible to chose other color? If yes what color else?(I want RAZER green)
-Can i chose Razer logo? like the #5 diamond size.
-Is this case able ship to CHINA?

Reactions: seto and Biowarejak

sergiiua

The builder of unique cases ...
Original poster
CustomMOD
Jan 11, 2017
www.custom-mod.com
@sergiiua I like this case very much.So I have a few question want you answer pls.
- which PIN ports does your power supply has? I have to make sure it will fit my motherboard and Video Card. (mobo asus z270i strix.Video Card:gigabyte 1070mini).
- For power button LED light, is that possible to chose other color? If yes what color else?(I want RAZER green)
-Can i chose Razer logo? like the #5 diamond size.
-Is this case able ship to CHINA?
- 30cm dc-in cable with dedicated 8pin dc jack
24pin pico
20cm 4 + 4pin cpu cable
40cm 6 + 2pin pci-e cable (length is counted from dc jack)
20cm sata
- yes button and logo backlight can be green
- in front logos can only be commercial. On the game themes for example. Logo RAZER can be cut on the side covers.
- Delivery around the world, including China.

Last edited:

Flybird

Chassis Packer
Aug 4, 2017
- 30cm dc-in cable with dedicated 8pin dc jack
24pin pico
20cm 4 + 4pin cpu cable
40cm 6 + 2pin pci-e cable (length is counted from dc jack)
20cm sata
- yes button and logo backlight can be green
- in front logos can only be commercial. On the game themes for example. Logo RAZER can be cut on the side covers.
- Delivery around the world, including China.
thanks for answer my question.if i want the razer logo in front.how much?
:) Thank you again it turned out fantastically and I am more than pleased :D
love your diamond.looks so nice

Flybird

Chassis Packer
Aug 4, 2017
@W1NN1NG by the way,if i choose the 3.24l case.use ASUS Z270 itx mobo. I can't use 2.5''ssd but m.2. so I'm worry about the m.2 on the back of mobo. Will the m.2 be any conflicts with video card?Will the m.2 heat be affected?

Last edited:
Reactions: Johnboy

Johnboy

Chassis Packer
Aug 4, 2017
@W1NN1NG by the way,if i choose the 3.24l case.use ASUS Z270 itx mobo. I can't use 2.5''ssd but m.2. so I'm worry about the m.2 on the back of mobo. Will the m.2 be any conflicts with video card?Will the heat be affected?
I do have the same question. I'm looking to my ASRock z270 Fatality itx/ac right now and almost pulling the trigger. Another things is: I have a HDPlex 400w but based on what I read (I read the thread entirely) it won't fit in any Mini version. I know that sucks getting suggestions all the time but the more compatibility, bigger the audience isn't ?

Flybird

Chassis Packer
Aug 4, 2017
I do have the same question. I'm looking to my ASRock z270 Fatality itx/ac right now and almost pulling the trigger. Another things is: I have a HDPlex 400w but based on what I read (I read the thread entirely) it won't fit in any Mini version. I know that sucks getting suggestions all the time but the more compatibility, bigger the audience isn't ?
I don't think so.this case build for extreme small. the question is you let your ac fit case.or let your case fit ac. if the case bigger.the case will like others. that would defeat the purpose of maker。

Reactions: W1NN1NG

Johnboy

Chassis Packer
Aug 4, 2017
@Flybird I totally agree, but I don't think HDPlex can defeat any mini case purpose since the primary HDPlex mission is to keep things small (not to small?). Maybe I'm wrong but I would love to see more compatility without compromise. Clearly @sergiiua is moved by the passion and I already like him because of that. The 4.16L has more depth this is acceptable. Truly I don't think 1 centimeter more or even less to the 3.24L version will hurt and this will increase coolers compatibility along with another stuff, but anyway let's keep rolling.

Reactions: Flybird

W1NN1NG

King of Cable Management
Jan 19, 2017
@W1NN1NG by the way,if i choose the 3.24l case.use ASUS Z270 itx mobo. I can't use 2.5''ssd but m.2. so I'm worry about the m.2 on the back of mobo. Will the m.2 be any conflicts with video card?Will the m.2 heat be affected?
I wouldn't say so. They get warm sure. But i mean how hot is too hot for an m.2? Cause even I don't know that one. If anything maybe put a thin heatsink on it. Like the little adhesive ones. Your ribbon cable should help keep your m.2 from ever physically touching the gpu

Reactions: Flybird

Curiosity

Too busy figuring out if I can to think if I shoul
Platinum Supporter
Bronze Supporter
M...M...M...M...Multi-Tier...Subscriber...
Apr 30, 2016
The hdplex adapter is extremely bulky.

Reactions: Acalanata

Johnboy

Chassis Packer
Aug 4, 2017
The hdplex adapter is extremely bulky.
True, compared with the solutions I'm seeing at the forum.
Is there any thread where someone put G-Unique 400w to test along with the modded power-brick? Damn I'll end up ordering the bundle: Case + PSU + power brick to avoid headaches. I already have a HDPlex and a 330w Dell power brick and I need 2 cases, just trying to hurt less my wallet.

EDIT: Found the thread :).

Last edited: