Stalled Custom_MOD MINI

TheHig

King of Cable Management
Oct 13, 2016
@sergiiua or perhaps one of the lucky chaps who have received there's. Could I have an internal measurement please.

The internal measurement from the centre panel to the outer panel (MB side) + (GPU side).

Is the split even on both sides, not by much but it looks like the MB side is slightly larger.

MB side. 53mm give or take a mm.
GPU side 43mm give or take a mm.

That's center tray to inside of the side panel.

Flexon

Chassis Packer
Mar 1, 2017
So did anyone make a build with a GTX 1070 yet? Would be interesting to know how it performs with cooling and how it works with a G-Unique PSU.

alexep7

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jan 30, 2017
Does anyone here happen to own a Thermaltake Gravity i1 Low Profile CPU cooler? I got one for cheap and I intended to use it for this build when it arrives, but I'm getting a lot of contradictory information. On Thermaltake's website, the specs are listed as follows:

Heatsink Dimension 96 (L) x 96 (W) x 31.8 (H) mm
Fan Dimension ∅92 x 15 mm

Which would make the total height 46.8mm,which is too high for this case. But looking at pictures...it doesn't look to be that way and it looks like 31.8mm would actually be the TOTAL heigh of the cooler, meaning the heatsink would measure 16.8mm in height, as seen from this picture here, and the fan 15mm:

It certainly seems like 31.8mm would be the TOTAL height of the cooler, right?

Doesn't help that apparently there's ANOTHER Gravity i1 CPU cooler that measures 56mm in total, but it's not officially called "Low Profile" like this one is - which leads to contradictory information everywhere. The seller I bought it from on Amazon had this one in the pictures but it was listed as 56mm in height...

Ceros_X

King of Cable Management
Mar 8, 2016
Does anyone here happen to own a Thermaltake Gravity i1 Low Profile CPU cooler? I got one for cheap and I intended to use it for this build when it arrives, but I'm getting a lot of contradictory information. On Thermaltake's website, the specs are listed as follows:

Which would make the total height 46.8mm,which is too high for this case. But looking at pictures...it doesn't look to be that way and it looks like 31.8mm would actually be the TOTAL heigh of the cooler, meaning the heatsink would measure 16.8mm in height, as seen from this picture here, and the fan 15mm:

Doesn't help that apparently there's ANOTHER Gravity i1 CPU cooler that measures 56mm in total, but it's not officially called "Low Profile" like this one is - which leads to contradictory information everywhere. The seller I bought it from on Amazon had this one in the pictures but it was listed as 56mm in height...

Just going by the image, if you know the fan is 15mm (which is a standard fan size) it is easy to judge the rest of the cooler as a little more than 15mm giving you the 31.8mm height. If it doesn't look like that, return it.

Last edited:
Reactions: sergiiua

TinyAudio

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jan 9, 2017
Ooh third from the right looks like my one with nice big Ventagons * TM that bad boy!!!!

@Kmpkt hurry up and sell me a Dynamo so I can install my Skull Canyon in here and everyone can see your hexagons through my/@sergiiua ventagons.

alexep7

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jan 30, 2017
Are those all the cases from batch #3? I chose the small holes venting style in the form (sort of like the dan case), I was curious to see how it looked in the custommod mini, but none of the cases in the pictures has venting holes like that... :(

Last edited:

sergiiua

The builder of unique cases ...
Original poster
CustomMOD
Jan 11, 2017
www.custom-mod.com
Are those all the cases from batch #3? I chose the small holes venting style in the form (sort of like the dan case), I was curious to see how it looked in the custommod mini, but none of the cases in the pictures has venting holes like that... :(
On your case (option 8) the lid has not yet been received.

Reactions: alexep7

GameLad

Efficiency Noob
Apr 10, 2017
How much space is there from the CPU cooler to the case, because i would like to change the fan on the Noctua NH-L9i to a Cooler Master Blade Master 92, which is 25 mm high but I don't know how tall the Noctua fan is.
So will it fit?

TinyAudio

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jan 9, 2017
MB side 53mm give or take a mm.
GPU side 43mm give or take a mm.

@TheHig helped me with some measurements.

So the total height from tray to side panel is 53mm but there is standoff height, MB, CPU socket + CPU. NH-L9i height without cooler is 23mm so with that fan 48mm total.

GameLad

Efficiency Noob
Apr 10, 2017
@TheHig helped me with some measurements.

So the total height from tray to side panel is 53mm but there is standoff height, MB, CPU socket + CPU. NH-L9i height without cooler is 23mm so with that fan 48mm total.
As far as i know the MB+CPU is like 9 mm tall?
So that won't happen :/

TheHig

King of Cable Management
Oct 13, 2016
As far as i know the MB+CPU is like 9 mm tall?
So that won't happen :/

The included Noctua fan is 15mm and there is maybe 3mm to spare using the L9i as it comes. You won't be able to use a 25mm thick fan with the L9i in the Mod Mini I believe. I can check later once I'm home though but that 37mm cooler/ fan max listed in the specs is pretty much it.

Last edited:

alexep7

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jan 30, 2017

I just received it in the mail and it is indeed tiny enough to fit into the case :)
Today has been a good day regarding deliveries, all that's missing now is the power supply and, of course, the case...can't wait to give all these components a proper home. :)

Reactions: sergiiua

Ziths

Chassis Packer
Mar 19, 2017
Hey @sergiiua , I really love your case! I'm considering buying one, but I have one question:
In this picture I drew a red line of which I would like to know the real world dimension(s), can you help me out?

wabbitro

Caliper Novice
Feb 17, 2017
some comments after building mine with the g-unique. the 6 pin is too short for the specs given to us for ordering. there is a tiny screw on the back panel of the GPU, that needs to be either dremmeled down or removed. also, the front panel needs to be removable for easier install..

Reactions: TheHig