Stalled Custom_MOD MINI

alexep7

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jan 30, 2017
@sergiiua do you think it would be possible to fit a 2.5" SSD in the case somewhere? Maybe with double sided tape on the inside of the side panel next to the CPU cooler, even if it blocks a little of the fan and the holes? Or is there not enough clearance between the L9i fan and the side panel?

I mean, the SATA cables would be a pain the ass to deal with even if the drive fits, but just wondering :)

EDIT: Or maybe below the GPU?

Last edited:
Reactions: eggDK

sergiiua

The builder of unique cases ...
Original poster
CustomMOD
Jan 11, 2017
www.custom-mod.com
@sergiiua do you think it would be possible to fit a 2.5" SSD in the case somewhere? Maybe with double sided tape on the inside of the side panel next to the CPU cooler, even if it blocks a little of the fan and the holes? Or is there not enough clearance between the L9i fan and the side panel?

I mean, the SATA cables would be a pain the ass to deal with even if the drive fits, but just wondering :)

EDIT: Or maybe below the GPU?

Below the GPU - no.
There is about 2mm between L9i and side panel. But you can use 27mm cooler (Zalman CNPS2X, Thermaltake Engine 27 etc) :)

eggDK

Average Stuffer
Mar 14, 2016
@sergiiua do you think it would be possible to fit a 2.5" SSD in the case somewhere?
I've been wondering the same thing because I would like to use my current HW, only investing in an ITX length gpu.. Maybe we'll have to try and ghetto mod our ssd's like Aibo did in the STX160

Reactions: alexep7

buLL

Average Stuffer
Mar 11, 2017
@sergiiua why dont a 7mm ssd fit under the GPU? I mean, GPUs are usually <4cm thick, and the case is 5,5cm. There should be something like 1,5cm of empty space... Just wondering

EDIT: sorry, I meant to ask this question on the CustomMod Slim. I cant find an option to delete the post, so answer me here if you can

Last edited:

Curiosity

Too busy figuring out if I can to think if I shoul
Platinum Supporter
Bronze Supporter
M...M...M...M...Multi-Tier...Subscriber...
Apr 30, 2016
@sergiiua why dont a 7mm ssd fit under the GPU? I mean, GPUs are usually <4cm thick, and the case is 5,5cm. There should be something like 1,5cm of empty space... Just wondering

EDIT: sorry, I meant to ask this question on the CustomMod Slim. I cant find an option to delete the post, so answer me here if you can
Are you saying there should be room between the bottom of the GPU and bottom of the case, or between the motherboard and GPU?

Also: 100mm - 45mm for GPU = 55mm - 37mm = for cooler compatibility = 18mm -8mm for CPU height =10mm -7mm for standoffs = 3mm fo for case material.
Or at least, that's how I suspect the width is taken up by parts in the case.

Last edited:
Reactions: Acalanata

buLL

Average Stuffer
Mar 11, 2017
Are you saying there should be room between the bottom of the GPU and bottom of the case, or between the motherboard and GPU?

Also: 100mm - 45mm for GPU = 55mm - 37mm = for cooler compatibility = 18mm -8mm for CPU height =10mm -7mm for standoffs = 3mm fo for case material.
Or at least, that's how I suspect the width is taken up by parts in the case.

I meant to post this on the CustomMod Slim, not here. But as i dont see a option to delete the post, i kept it here. My mistake

Reactions: Curiosity

Curiosity

Too busy figuring out if I can to think if I shoul
Platinum Supporter
Bronze Supporter
M...M...M...M...Multi-Tier...Subscriber...
Apr 30, 2016
I meant to post this on the CustomMod Slim, not here. But as i dont see a option to delete the post, i kept it here. My mistake
You're fine, friend. :)

Reactions: buLL

sergiiua

The builder of unique cases ...
Original poster
CustomMOD
Jan 11, 2017
www.custom-mod.com

We support GPU up to 45mm (with backplate), 3mm - case. Only 7mm of free space. It's ok for SSD, but we need some space between SSD and GPU.

Reactions: Acalanata and buLL

TinyAudio

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jan 9, 2017
I hope the grey is good. I only managed to get the purchase past my wife by saying it would match the colour of the walls in my office ;)

Reactions: paullusty

alexep7

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jan 30, 2017
@sergiiua will this fit in the case? It's just a couple mm taller than the 160-XT