maybe he can help.

Reactions: ricochet

sergiiua

The builder of unique cases ...
Original poster
CustomMOD
Jan 11, 2017
www.custom-mod.com
For the first batch of the SLIM, too? Your cases are getting better from day to day. :) Can't wait to get mine!
I think yes, we'll use magnets in the first batch of the SLIM. We ordered magnets today. Tomorrow we'll get and test them. If all will be great, we'll change our model and start to produce the prototype.

Last edited:
Reactions: cmyk78 and y.dn.a

sergiiua

Original poster
CustomMOD
Jan 11, 2017
www.custom-mod.com
Reactions: y.dn.a

QuantumBraced

Master of Cramming
Mar 9, 2017
Magnets are an awesome idea. But I think there should still be an option to screw in the panels for when you want to transport them.

iFreilicht

FlexATX Authority
Feb 28, 2015
freilite.com
Magnets are an awesome idea. But I think there should still be an option to screw in the panels for when you want to transport them.

Shouldn't be too hard to make the magnets strong enough to hold the panels even during a strong shock. Especially if you have small ridges that the panel can rest on so the only way for the magnets to come off is by pulling, not shearing.

QuantumBraced

Master of Cramming
Mar 9, 2017
Shouldn't be too hard to make the magnets strong enough to hold the panels even during a strong shock. Especially if you have small ridges that the panel can rest on so the only way for the magnets to come off is by pulling, not shearing.

Good point. I'm thinking for when you put the case in a backpack with lots of clothes and other things inside and then you shove it under an airplane seat or try to take out the case when there are other things inside, there may be lots of high pressure friction or things for panels to get caught on that could peel them off. But I guess if the magnets are strong indeed and you're careful you shouldn't have a problem. No screws would make for a more aesthetically pleasing look.

QuantumBraced

Master of Cramming
Mar 9, 2017
Me too, but I think this case crosses the threshold from portable to I-can-juggle-with-3-of-them. It's really something you can toss in your backpack like a laptop, and push around your desk, and the more portable it is, the more it will be handled. But I take my statement back, no screws, make it all magnets it's awesome. :) Just gotta be careful not to pick it up by the panels or something.

I can't wait to see some testing and more pictures. This 12V pass-thru fully passive 400W external brick seems like a miracle, a little too good to be true. The guy has a great reputation, but I'd still want to see some proper tests before I plug an expensive CPU and GPU straight into a modded power brick.

Reactions: iFreilicht

Curiosity

Too busy figuring out if I can to think if I shoul
Platinum Supporter
Bronze Supporter
M...M...M...M...Multi-Tier...Subscriber...
Apr 30, 2016
On that case on the far right that we can see the back of-
If that hole above the I/O shield for the power button? How big is the hole?

deadz0ne

Caliper Novice
Mar 16, 2017
Today I received and tested Moddiy Premium Gold Plated 16x PCI-E Extension Shielded Cable Riser (30cm). Very long name :)
First impression - good quality and flexible enough.

Test Environment & Equipment:
- GPU: Zotac 1050 Ti Mini
- M/B: MSI H110i Pro
- Games: Overwatch
- Benchmark: Catzilla 720p

Results without riser:
- Bus Interface: x16 3.0
- Overwatch, fps: 161
- Catzilla, run #1: 14764
- Catzilla, run #2: 14766

Results with riser:
- Bus Interface: x16 3.0
- Overwatch, fps: 159
- Catzilla, run #1: 14796 (record :))
- Catzilla, run #2: 14718

Verdict: excellent, recommended!
hey, out of curiosity, that 1050ti uses no external power connectors, right? it uses the 75w from pcie slot through the riser? have you experienced any issues up until now?

sergiiua

Original poster
CustomMOD
Jan 11, 2017
www.custom-mod.com
hey, out of curiosity, that 1050ti uses no external power connectors, right? it uses the 75w from pcie slot through the riser? have you experienced any issues up until now?

I use 1050Ti (without external power connectors), works great with modDIY riser. Test is here.

Those cases are looking awesome. Keep up the good work ! Excited to see these build threads.

Thanks!