Chimera Industries Cerberus: The 18L, mATX, USA-made enclosure

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
This is perfect, thanks!

Also, totally unrelated but - is there any ETA on the full window side panels? I don't need one for this build, but am very interested in something like that for the Cerberus-X for my personal machine.

Late March, 3M is out of the specific chemistry of the permanent adhesive we need until 3/14

Allhopeforhumanity

Master of Cramming
May 1, 2017
Windows Update (preorders go live 3/1/18 at 12pm PST)

Windows and wood are looking awesome! I can't wait for the next series of GPU's to come out to build in one of these.

Edit: Also, out of curiosity, has anyone performed temperature tests on front mounted radiators with and without the front panel installed?

Soules

Caliper Novice
Feb 26, 2018
Just a quick tip. People have issues with the screws a bit it seems.

You can buy medication ziplock style baggies that are about 2x2½ in. In the pharmacy section at Walmart. They even come with an area to write on the front of them.

jsco

Average Stuffer
Feb 2, 2016
You can buy medication ziplock style baggies that are about 2x2½ in. In the pharmacy section at Walmart. They even come with an area to write on the front of them.

you can order them with a selection of wacky, eye-catching designs printed on them, too! you know, to identify different batches of screws.

Softdrink

Cable Smoosher
Feb 27, 2018

Finished with my first - and hopefully not last - build in a Cerberus!

Excellent case; super smooth build process. There were a few hurdles and annoyances (biggest one being the PSU install; needed to install and remove the bracket several times to get the extension oriented correctly), but nothing unexpected, and remarkably painless compared to other SFF cases I've built in.

EDIT: Oh nooooooooooo just noticed that USB port on the rear I/O...

Last edited:

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
Windows and wood panels are live on my site for those that lurk, will be official tomorrow.

I have a few prototype parts available I can sell to forum members at discount.

Mahogany Top Panel
Curly Maple Top Panel
Dark Walnut Top Panel

Cerberus Carmine Red Window
Cerberus Obsidian Black Window

Cerberus X Ecru Beige Window
Cerberus X Slate Grey Window

PM if there's something you want - will let you know if it's available. Will update this post as they go!

Not available for support tonight, motherboard on my main PC died after 10 years! (Asus P6T Deluxe v2)
Catch up in morning!

MrBreakfst

Caliper Novice
Jul 27, 2016

Finished with my first - and hopefully not last - build in a Cerberus!

Excellent case; super smooth build process. There were a few hurdles and annoyances (biggest one being the PSU install; needed to install and remove the bracket several times to get the extension oriented correctly), but nothing unexpected, and remarkably painless compared to other SFF cases I've built in.

EDIT: Oh nooooooooooo just noticed that USB port on the rear I/O...
Did you cut those cable tie-downs yourself?

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
Windows and wood panels are live on my site for those that lurk, will be official tomorrow.

I have a few prototype parts available I can sell to forum members at discount.

Mahogany Top Panel
Curly Maple Top Panel
Dark Walnut Top Panel

Cerberus Carmine Red Window
Cerberus Obsidian Black Window

Cerberus X Ecru Beige Window
Cerberus X Slate Grey Window

PM if there's something you want - will let you know if it's available. Will update this post as they go!

Not available for support tonight, motherboard on my main PC died after 10 years! (Asus P6T Deluxe v2)
Catch up in morning!
http://www.sliger.com/products/cases/cerberus_x/

Thanks for user setups images...:)
I love photo you have chosen from my setup

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
Anyone submits a Cerberus + Pet picture gets automatic status on the product page.

If your picture is on there and want credit please PM me! (I saved them over time and forgot who posted.)

Also if anyone has a size comparison picture, would love to put those up.

MrBreakfst

Caliper Novice
Jul 27, 2016
Tie-downs? Are you referring to the zip ties, or the frame holes through which I'm attaching them?

I installed the ties, yeah - but I didn't cut or modify the frame in any way. At least, not for this machine...
Well then, that's interesting. My case doesn't have any of the holes in the frame. Not a huge deal, but curious. Most curious indeed.