Chimera Industries Cerberus: The 18L, mATX, USA-made enclosure

jeshikat

Jessica. Wayward SFF.n Founder
Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
Dual 240mm rads is something that comes up for discussion pretty often. Basically it's possible in theory, but it'll be a very tight fit in Cerberus. Cerberus-X will be easier though still not trivial since the extra height will at least keep the two rads from interfering with each other at the bottom-front corner of the case.

So.... 140mm works just fine? My idea was to put two fans on the side bracket (does not matter if 120 or 140, got both) and place SFX-L in the front. Is that possible?

A single 140mm on the side is fine and that's the configuration I usually run, dual 140mm on the side and a SFX/SFX-L up front will not fit.

ElinaNguyen

Trash Compacter
Aug 27, 2016

The positive pressure is more than enough, an exhaust fan for this setup will do almost nothing.

I need that power connectors. Where can i buy it? @Aibohphobia

dreix

Trash Compacter
Sep 11, 2016
Hello,

quick questions here:

1. What is the size of infinite vent? I am thinking about different placement of my custom PCB and I am going to probably need to pass cable with connector through infinite vent on several places. So I need to find a connector, that fits :)
  2. What is the "empty" space between front and front cover? (so if I would put something small in there, how much room I have left to be still able to put on front cover without interfering )

Thank you!

jeshikat

Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
The vent slot is about 20mm x 4.6mm.

The gap behind the front panel is 20mm.

m4dcow

Cable Smoosher
Sep 16, 2015
So now that you have the cables are you going to do another prototype run to test any changes or are you going to do a full production run?

VegetableStu

Shrink Ray Wielder
Aug 18, 2016
Last status on this subject from 23rd March:

Not sure yet, it'll depend on feedback from these units. There are a few things we already know need tweaked, but if there turns out to be some major issue we've somehow overlooked until now, that could delay production quite a bit as we address it. Otherwise we'll need to do one more pre-production run (in a month or two, but it'll be a small run like this) and then if that turns out well on to general production.

For pre-production it'll be announced here first. If there isn't enough interest here to get all the units spoken for then we'll move onto the mailing list: https://kimeraindustries.com/subscribe

Which is also a good way to get notified on general production.

Reactions: Phuncz

jeshikat

Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
So now that you have the cables are you going to do another prototype run to test any changes or are you going to do a full production run?

Another prototype run. But it'll probably just be a short run for internal testing.

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
Finally...finally....finally I received my "precious"...and beware...this Cerberus-X is truly an amazing case (as expected...but it's even better once you had between hands!)

My first trial was to compare its size vs my Node 202, setup vertically...and it's shocking! Be careful before watching...because you will want one Cerberus-X directly...:)

More to come..with, I hope, a full review!

LocoMoto

DEVOURER OF BAKED POTATOES
Jul 19, 2015
Finally...finally....finally I received my "precious"...and beware...this Cerberus-X is truly an amazing case (as expected...but it's even better once you had between hands!)

My first trial was to compare its size vs my Node 202, setup vertically...and it's shocking! Be careful before watching...because you will want one Cerberus-X directly...:)

More to come..with, I hope, a full review!

"Oh cool, do you have two mITX computers?"
Oh, and I appreciate the warning, well placed as an owner of the Node 202 x'D