Chimera Industries Cerberus: The 18L, mATX, USA-made enclosure

FoskcoRS5

Designated LMG
Jan 31, 2017
With the front mounted SFX power supply one wouldn't be able to install dual 120's on the side or front.

Since I have other financial obligation at this time I wont able to get all of the parts to test a slim rad custom loop.

In the interim I plan on picking up an AIO and mounting it to the front with either an ATX PSU out the back or an SFX PSU with an SFX to ATX PSU bracket attacked to the back.

Pyrath

Average Stuffer
Feb 5, 2016
I wouldn't suggest the ASUS GTX 1080 however due to the clearance of the WB terminal.

Your mileage may vary.

This is something that's been bothering me for a while. Most manufacturers don't report the height of their waterblock+terminal. I've found a few threads here and there about individual blocks. Anyone here have a compiled list? I'm hoping to avoid haranguing EK and friends to measure their waterblocks as I plan out this cerberus build.

scdudt

Chassis Packer
Mar 28, 2017
Oops I forgot to ask, what does being added to the waiting list entail? Are you able to make selections of frame type, color, windowed panel, handle, etc... or are you limited to a base model since its pre-production?

Last edited:

jsco

Average Stuffer
Feb 2, 2016
This is something that's been bothering me for a while. Most manufacturers don't report the height of their waterblock+terminal. I've found a few threads here and there about individual blocks. Anyone here have a compiled list? I'm hoping to avoid haranguing EK and friends to measure their waterblocks as I plan out this cerberus build.

EK does list the specs on their site. The normal rectangular FC Terminals add 25mm to the height above the block (which is generally level with the top of the PCB), and then there's this new one which is only 19.3mm tall:
https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-fc-terminal-rotary-90-black

Reactions: FoskcoRS5

jeshikat

Jessica. Wayward SFF.n Founder
Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
There is no waiting list for the next run since we're not sure how it's going to work yet.

scdudt

Chassis Packer
Mar 28, 2017
Thank you for the clarification Aibohphobia. If you are able to answer, Should I opt in to the next pre-production run (when it would be available to do so) or should i wait for the production release? I would like to build a system before September 8th to play Destiny 2 with my brother and use Cerberus.

scdudt

Chassis Packer
Mar 28, 2017
Thank you I will wait for the production release then if you think that's best. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't going to miss out using Cerberus for the Destiny 2 build if I waited for prod release.
...patience is hard...

Reactions: PNP and Qrash

LocoMoto

DEVOURER OF BAKED POTATOES
Jul 19, 2015
Don't worry, some of us have been waiting since this case was a prototype way back in the mythic year of 2014. You'll be fine. :p

Wow, time really flies, perhaps Nov... Cerberus is too dream like so you think most of the time waiting has been in a dream state! XD

Reactions: PNP

PNP

Airflow Optimizer
Oct 10, 2015
Wow, time really flies, perhaps Nov... Cerberus is too dream like so you think most of the time waiting has been in a dream state! XD

Oh crap, moving out of Meth-Addled-Nowhere, Midwest America and changing jobs was all a dream?

Now I don't want to want to wake up.

Persons making Evanescence references will be sent to dig for gold in the Alaskan Gulag.

jeshikat

Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
We do not have a list for the next run because we're not sure how it's going to work yet.

May just be a few units for internal testing, a small run like this last one, or we may even open the orders to the public.

jeshikat

Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
They haven't, there's still 3 left that I'm going down the waiting list for.