Chimera Industries Cerberus: The 18L, mATX, USA-made enclosure

jeshikat

Jessica. Wayward SFF.n Founder
Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
I'm confused myself...I paid for my case Feb. 21, but have yet to receive shipping info. Have it shipped? What's the shipping info?

They didn't go through automatically, so I'm still waiting on the tracking numbers to be manually compiled and sent to me, but at this rate you very well may receive the case before I have tracking.

BiaxialObject48

Cable Smoosher
Aug 30, 2016
@Aibohphobia

For the Cerberus-X, you said that there are 8 PCIe slots. The motherboard I chose (Asus Sabertooth X99) takes up 6, but 7 if you have a two slot card on the bottom-most slot. So there is about 2 slots after the motherboard, but the input headers take up about 1 more slot, so I have 1 slot to work with for bottom water-cooling. My previous plan (in the regular Cerberus) was to use a 120mm slim radiator, but now that I have some more space, I think I should be able to fit a 240mm slim radiator, and still have space for tubing (it may even be a simpler run).

Basically, my question is, can I fit a 240mm slim radiator in the bottom mount of the Cerberus X, if I have nothing in the sixth PCIe slot of the motherboard and case?

T_Tank

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 16, 2017
I remember seeing this case a while ago an thought it would be a rather perfect replacement for my old mountain mods bob slay case. Though only reason why I've kept the bob slay for almost 7 years is it fits inside the ikea expedit cubbies ( 13-1/8" wide by 15-1/4" deep by 13-1/4" tall" )

Though... is there a way to add some form of dust filtration to the case? Live in a dusty environment and have felines...

FoskcoRS5

Designated LMG
Jan 31, 2017
I remember seeing this case a while ago an thought it would be a rather perfect replacement for my old mountain mods bob slay case. Though only reason why I've kept the bob slay for almost 7 years is it fits inside the ikea expedit cubbies ( 13-1/8" wide by 15-1/4" deep by 13-1/4" tall" )

Though... is there a way to add some form of dust filtration to the case? Live in a dusty environment and have felines...

https://kimeraindustries.com/cerberus/#cerberus-reccs states:
  • Cerberus does not include air filters because of the flexible nature of the Infinite Vent system — as fans of various sizes can be installed, it is impractical to include many filters for all such options.
I plan on hiiting up http://www.demcifilter.com/default.aspx for some filters.

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
@Aibohphobia

For the Cerberus-X, you said that there are 8 PCIe slots. The motherboard I chose (Asus Sabertooth X99) takes up 6, but 7 if you have a two slot card on the bottom-most slot. So there is about 2 slots after the motherboard, but the input headers take up about 1 more slot, so I have 1 slot to work with for bottom water-cooling. My previous plan (in the regular Cerberus) was to use a 120mm slim radiator, but now that I have some more space, I think I should be able to fit a 240mm slim radiator, and still have space for tubing (it may even be a simpler run).

Basically, my question is, can I fit a 240mm slim radiator in the bottom mount of the Cerberus X, if I have nothing in the sixth PCIe slot of the motherboard and case?
You can put a standard (3cm thick) at the bottom. The question is more where you can put pump and reservoir..:)

One option is to use combo cpu waterblock/pump (like apogee drive ii) and combo radiator/reservoir like swiftech mcr 220.

Also possible, combo d5 pump+reservoir horizontal at bottom of case + raditor 240 on front, but you psu atx bracket (psu positioned above mb and not in front) and choose carefully your gpu (not too long)

At last don't forget most of mb i/o are located at bottom of atx mb. It could be a constraint also

jeshikat

Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
can we get a comparison of the beige Cerberus to some Noctua fans?

Joshua will be receiving the beige panels to take pics of.

For the Cerberus-X, you said that there are 8 PCIe slots. The motherboard I chose (Asus Sabertooth X99) takes up 6, but 7 if you have a two slot card on the bottom-most slot. So there is about 2 slots after the motherboard

Actually this is incorrect, there are only 6 slots on that board, but it's because they're not using the Slot 1 position. Many ATX mobos do this to leave more room for the CPU socket, VRM, RAM, etc.

So Cerberus-X has one slot past the ATX motherboard, like how Cerberus has one slot past a microATX board.

A slim rad should fit on the bottom of Cerberus-X, same as Cerberus. Really the only difference between them is the height, standoff arrangement, and number of slots.

Magnetic filters as mentioned is the best way. We'll be testing custom-fitted Demciflex filters at some point.

jeshikat

Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
the panel may not be fully seated. On mine it's inset slightly but it's not that noticeable like it appears in those pics.

FoskcoRS5

Designated LMG
Jan 31, 2017
the panel may not be fully seated. On mine it's inset slightly but it's not that noticeable like it appears in those pics.

Panel wasn't fully seated after I took it apart.

Reactions: jeshikat

jeshikat

Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
Ahh from what I saw before it sat on top of the hole a little bit and the lip covered it all rather than it being flush to the edges.

For Cerberus it's always been inside the hole in the top panel. That way the top panel can be removed without taking the power button with it.

On the thinner steel panels it was basically flush with the top but on the thicker alu panels they're inset slightly.