Chimera Industries Cerberus: The 18L, mATX, USA-made enclosure

jeshikat

Jessica. Wayward SFF.n Founder
Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
Does this mean that Sliger's backlog is nearly cleared?

We're mostly waiting on the power cord at this point for general production.

Any word on what this near future means? December? January?

Unless things go super smoothly they probably won't ship in December, January is more likely.

PNP

Airflow Optimizer
Oct 10, 2015
We're currently waiting on development of a new angled C13 to panel-mount C14 cord

Development as in, from scratch? Sounds time consuming...

Q2 2017 then?

jimshaly

Efficiency Noob
Feb 5, 2016

I'm super behind on where you are with the case (haven't checked back on you guys in months, I'M SORRY!!!!! D'x)

So is there definitely going to be production of Cerberus at this point? Or are you still going through stages of another campaign?

CzYaZnMaN

Chassis Packer
Dec 5, 2016
Hi,

I registered to get the latest update. I have few questions. Is there a pre-order list or is it just buy when it's released? I saw previous post stating that it will go into production sometime this month or January, is this still true?

Thank you

tgoodspe

Case Bender
Dec 5, 2016
I'm with the above comment... million dollar question...

Is this thing actually going to ever be built? I'm slimming my ATX build down, and would love to do it with this case. If I can't, I'm slimming way down to the NCase M1.

I have to pre-order the M1 soon, so I'd like to know if it's worth holding out for this case, or if the developers have just abandoned the project?

3lfk1ng

King of Cable Management
SFFn Staff
Bronze Supporter
Jun 3, 2016
www.reihengaming.com
@CzYaZnMaN @tgoodspe If you're interested in getting the case early, there will be a limited production run. For roughly $500, you can acquire one for your builds. Just sent @Aibohphobia a quick PM if you're interested.

Source

As far as actual production goes, with what information that has been disclosed, they had to delay the actual production of the case due to the shoddy quality of the angled power cord. Unwilling to sacrifice quality for the sake of release, they had to turn to another manufacturer to make a safe, quality PSU cable.

tgoodspe

Case Bender
Dec 5, 2016
@CzYaZnMaN @tgoodspe If you're interested in getting the case early, there will be a limited production run. For roughly $500, you can acquire one for your builds. Just sent @Aibohphobia a quick PM if you're interested.

Source

Thanks for linking this--I just sent @Aibohphobia a message now.

How much do you think the case will "retail" for once it's in production. I'm just curious at how big of a price difference the $500 will be. I'm guessing this case is going to be a $250-300 case at retail.

Thanks!

CzYaZnMaN

Chassis Packer
Dec 5, 2016
Thanks for the quick reply. I saw the "limited production run" comment, but I am more interested in the actual production run. For the actual production, there is no pre-order list, correct? It will be more like first come base when it's actually released? Also, with the power cable issue, do you know the new ETA for the actual production round?

3lfk1ng

King of Cable Management
SFFn Staff
Bronze Supporter
Jun 3, 2016
www.reihengaming.com
No problem.

Unfortunately no, that's all I know at present. I, like you, am waiting patiently to get my grubby hands on this case for an upcoming build.
I'm sure we'll have an update soon but I doubt we'll see production before the end of the year.

CzYaZnMaN

Chassis Packer
Dec 5, 2016
No problem.

Unfortunately no, that's all I know at present. I, like you, am waiting patiently to get my grubby hands on this case for an upcoming build.
I'm sure we'll have an update soon but I doubt we'll see production before the end of the year.

@3lfk1ng, thanks! Hope we can get an update soon!