Chimera Industries Cerberus: The 18L, mATX, USA-made enclosure

integer

Trash Compacter
Aug 29, 2019
The beta BIOS Im using still gives you the option to undervolt, and with -0,05v temperatures drop from 81ºC to 77ºC. My plan atm is to wait and see what AMD brings in terms of undervolt with new AGESA, and decide then what to do with CPU cooling, because none of the alternatives convince me. Bottom AIO is noisy and affects negatively GPU temperatures, and front 280 AIO limits greatly the space for big GPUs (love new Asus TUF lineup).

Oh nice to know that undervolt is available on the beta.

On the topic of cooling, wonder if there's a reason folks aren't doing more top mounted AIO's? Seems like it should be popular and heck even the default!.

I know it's not officially supported, but dont see why it cant be done if you reposition the PSU. Agree with you that the bottom AIO seems a bit sketch (as per Gamers Nexus vid).

This guy ? , so talented. Something like this possible for AIO crowd ? Notice the PSU shifted down to accommodate.

sn0man

Trash Compacter
Jan 10, 2020
I wonder if Ryzen 5000 will run cooler similar spec v spec vs previous processors. maybe worth an upgrade (if you're on the fence) for the more limited thermal envelope of cerberus/x

Arie

Trash Compacter
Jul 4, 2018
Oh nice to know that undervolt is available on the beta.

On the topic of cooling, wonder if there's a reason folks aren't doing more top mounted AIO's? Seems like it should be popular and heck even the default!.

I know it's not officially supported, but dont see why it cant be done if you reposition the PSU. Agree with you that the bottom AIO seems a bit sketch (as per Gamers Nexus vid).

This guy ? , so talented. Something like this possible for AIO crowd ? Notice the PSU shifted down to accommodate.

The entire board is shifted down 1 slot (motherboard stand-offs would have been moved as well), else there's no way to fit the radiator at the top. So I think that explains why you don't see this more often.

Reactions: integer

TheHig

King of Cable Management
Oct 13, 2016
After running multiple setups with everything from the stock Wraith cooler to AIO to custom water... In my experience the Cerberus X works the best when you keep it simple. When availability is better I would like to swap on a Ryzen 5000 and Radeon 6800 of some flavor to try that unified AMD platform goodness.

Current and by far my favorite arrangement:

• Love
Reactions: MarcParis and Uruk

sn0man

Trash Compacter
Jan 10, 2020
This is where I was pulling my data. It's just one data point so I'm guessing if the temps are lower, it is only a few degrees for 5600x v 3600.

Just found this one too.
Looks like it is slightly better, but probably not worth it for an AIO build. Maybe slightly quieter on air but performance advantages are nil at 4k.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheHig

TheHig

King of Cable Management
Oct 13, 2016
Yeah even at 1440p going from a 3600 to the 5600x doesn’t make a lot of sense for gaming. The 1080p gap is impressive so people looking at new builds or coming off a Ryzen 1000 or even 2000 cpu it’s looking good.

Reactions: sn0man

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
Yeah even at 1440p going from a 3600 to the 5600x doesn’t make a lot of sense for gaming. The 1080p gap is impressive so people looking at new builds or coming off a Ryzen 1000 or even 2000 cpu it’s looking good.
Well one aspect is not covered with all those benchmark : loading times..:) Playing to Baldur's gate 3/Solasta with a lot of Quick save/load, better cpu is always welcomed..:)

Reactions: sn0man and TheHig

integer

Trash Compacter
Aug 29, 2019
The entire board is shifted down 1 slot (motherboard stand-offs would have been moved as well), else there's no way to fit the radiator at the top. So I think that explains why you don't see this more often.

Ahh good catch, I missed that. Hmm so I wonder if it would be possible with 15mm thick 120's instead? Cos I see he's using 25mm. Or you reckon the MB would still need to be moved down?

I really like the top mounted rad. After watching that now infamous Gamers Nexus video on AIO placement, kinda have a lingering unease about premature pump death ?

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
All those optimizations (offset by 1 slot, different PSU mounting points, USB ports, back radiator position like O11, etc)...I guess Cerberus/X needs v2.0..:D

• Love

Uruk

Trash Compacter
Feb 1, 2019
All those optimizations (offset by 1 slot, different PSU mounting points, USB ports, back radiator position like O11, etc)...I guess Cerberus/X needs v2.0..:D
I would love to see a Cerberus X v2 with a detachable bottom (to flip the case easily) and a more "airflow friendly" grill, like the new ITX models,

• Love

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
I would love to see a Cerberus X v2 with a detachable bottom (to flip the case easily) and a more "airflow friendly" grill, like the new ITX models,
Yes side panel from SM series like SM550 are way better for cooling

sn0man

Trash Compacter
Jan 10, 2020
Is this the proper thread to share opinions for new variants of Sliger creations? Would a new thread be ideal? I was just thinking I would like a Cerberus/X 2.0 with a few options.

1.) Reverseable / top mount GPU. (looks like the S610 and S620 do that)
2.) A little more vertical height extending away from the motherboard for a pair of top 120mm (or even 140mm) non-slim fans (for liquid folks that could help with top radiators).
3.) USB-C and 3.5mm top jacks in addition to the current USB jacks.
4.) Different PSU mounting like the S610.
5.) All the above options while maintaining a handle.
6.) A non-perforated top lid that also accepts a handle.

integer

Trash Compacter
Aug 29, 2019
I see sliger.com upsells a Asetek branded AIO the 670LS. Can't seem to find much on this in the way of reviews. It;s 27mm vs 30mm thickness for the NZXT x52.

Kinda conflicted which AIO to go for in this case. It will be a fairly dense build, 3080 + 5950x and quad nvme AIC card so space gonna be limited.

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
Is this the proper thread to share opinions for new variants of Sliger creations? Would a new thread be ideal? I was just thinking I would like a Cerberus/X 2.0 with a few options.

1.) Reverseable / top mount GPU. (looks like the S610 and S620 do that)
2.) A little more vertical height extending away from the motherboard for a pair of top 120mm (or even 140mm) non-slim fans (for liquid folks that could help with top radiators).
3.) USB-C and 3.5mm top jacks in addition to the current USB jacks.
4.) Different PSU mounting like the S610.
5.) All the above options while maintaining a handle.
6.) A non-perforated top lid that also accepts a handle.
Flippping top/bottom are coming to Cerberus/X :

milica

Chassis Packer
Jan 12, 2019
Would someone be kind enough to provide me of the inside measurement between the front chassis panel and the front cover for the Cerberus (non-X, but I assume they share the same dimensions in that regard) ?

I have my case on backorder for at least a few more weeks and just planning stuff in advance, wondering if I could stuff a passthrough 2.5mm + 20mm Koolance low profile 90 (so 22-23 mm total) inside the front gap?

Thanks!

elvendawn

Average Stuffer
Nov 12, 2020
Would someone be kind enough to provide me of the inside measurement between the front chassis panel and the front cover for the Cerberus (non-X, but I assume they share the same dimensions in that regard) ?

I have my case on backorder for at least a few more weeks and just planning stuff in advance, wondering if I could stuff a passthrough 2.5mm + 20mm Koolance low profile 90 (so 22-23 mm total) inside the front gap?

Thanks!

My Cerberus is 19mm, and it's mostly perforated on the chassis side due front 120mm fan mount at the bottom, and SFX(L) PSU intake at the top.

Reactions: milica