Chimera Industries Cerberus: The 18L, mATX, USA-made enclosure

jeshikat

Jessica. Wayward SFF.n Founder
Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
Also, Here is the design I was thinking of going with. Is there anything that wouldn't fit inside the case?
http://pcpartpicker.com/list/2HjvRG

If you're planning on getting a Cerberus-X and assuming there's enough demand to produce it, then you should be fine. But the default case is microATX while the board you have selected is ATX.

Also, when can I expect the case If I order by Christmas?

It's too early for us to be making time estimates.

deleted

Chassis Packer
Oct 11, 2016
www.reddit.com
Thanks! Also, a Windows 10 Drive Ebay is a "backup/repair/reinstall" flash drive, which basically allows you to get a full version of windows 10 for $16, instead of the original $80.

K888D

SFF Guru
Lazer3D
Feb 23, 2016
www.lazer3d.com
Thanks! Also, a Windows 10 Drive Ebay is a "backup/repair/reinstall" flash drive, which basically allows you to get a full version of windows 10 for $16, instead of the original $80.

Does it includes the license? That's the bit you pay $80 for! The installation files are available for free from Microsoft and you can load them onto any 4Gb+ USB drive.

Shattucknick

Chassis Packer
Oct 12, 2016
Pretty nice case I like it. Awesome modular concept. Would like to see perhaps a vertical mounted GPU or an mITX version one day (not that this couldn't fit an mITX.

jeshikat

Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
Also, I've been seeing quite a few pics of the nova case, which looks exactly like Cerberus. are these the same thing, or is nova a knockoff?

Nova is the original version, we changed the name to avoid confusion with the BitFenix and CaseLabs cases that are named Nova.

Pretty nice case I like it. Awesome modular concept. Would like to see perhaps a vertical mounted GPU or an mITX version one day (not that this couldn't fit an mITX.

We probably won't do either of those, the CaseLabs Bullet BH4 is a good compact, horizontal motherboard mATX case and the NCASE M1 is a great ITX case with this layout.

deleted

Chassis Packer
Oct 11, 2016
www.reddit.com
I know that someone has probably already asked this already, but can this case fit a Corsair 240mm aio cooler, like the h-100 with a sfx psu? Also, can a 2-way sli gtx 1070s fit 2 140mm fans beneath them?

jeshikat

Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
Assuming the video cards are air-cooled, then the only way that will work is to have the PSU rear-mounted and put the H100 on the front (assuming the cards are not so long that they'd interfere).

Then if the video cards are not spaced then 25mm thick fans can fit on the bottom, with spaced cards then only slim fans will fit on the bottom.

PNP

Airflow Optimizer
Oct 10, 2015
For air cooled cards, I think it may be more efficient/quieter to just use (a) fan duct(s) and use the card's own fans to draw air from the bottom.

Reactions: Phuncz