Chimera Industries Cerberus: The 18L, mATX, USA-made enclosure

O_and_N

Average Stuffer
Aug 18, 2016
Regarding costs.The shipping is one thing but can we do something about the import tax?
I know that there is a practice in for example ebay,that in order to bypass the insane tax, the seller often asks for the family name and sends the bought product marked as a ¨¨gift¨¨.I was told by a few friend from Spain that this does work.(but im not sure if always or when done right).
Still that tax is killing it(here in Spain i think is 21-22%).

If anyone have any gheto ideas?(im not sure if cocaine boats will do the trick XD )

With the risk of Iboh pulling his hair out, i still have a feeling that if this was done with lian li,most people should've had a case right now.

dreix

Trash Compacter
Sep 11, 2016
Hello,

I just joined in and I must say I am really excited for this case! I hope I can lay my hands on this masterpiece soon.

I have a quick question (hopefully I don't break any rules) - my current hackintosh build is mainly for work purposes and I love silence. I have high quality fans and also this passively cooled Zotac beast for my silent pleasure (performance is more than enough for me, so there is no plan to upgrade in the near feature unless I have to).

What I found is there should be these dimensions:
  • Card Length
    183.90mm x 138.99mm

It has not so tiny heat pipes and my question is - will it fit (height is my concern)? :oops:

Temps should not be an issue because I would help this card with fan underneath / front and in general temps are not an issue with this card.

PS: Already tried Carbide Series® Air 240 and I could not close the side panel :confused:

Thanks!

Last edited:

jeshikat

Jessica. Wayward SFF.n Founder
Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
Welcome to the forum!

It should fit. I double-checked the height in Photoshop and the 139mm dimension is including the heatpipes as measured from the bottom of the PCIe slot connector.

dreix

Trash Compacter
Sep 11, 2016
Welcome to the forum!

It should fit. I double-checked the height in Photoshop and the 139mm dimension is including the heatpipes as measured from the bottom of the PCIe slot connector.

Cool, thank you :) Will that affect that the bottom side window (if that is gonna be option as well)? I guess that would add some height to the side panel :eek:

Maybe stupid question, but... any news when Cerberus would be available to shipping? I do not remember where but I recall some date in November.

Thanks!

jeshikat

Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
It should still fit with the windowed panel.

We don't have a solid date yet.

jeshikat

Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
Cerberus does not need any modifications, it can fit even a 230mm long ATX PSU with the rear plate.

So in theory I could have the STX160.0 installed in Cerberus and then use a SFX PSU to have room for a 120mm AIO underneath it for the CPU on the mATX board. Then if I do SLI on the microATX board I could have three video cards and two CPUs in one sub-20L case :D

Reactions: Hahutzy

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
Cerberus does not need any modifications, it can fit even a 230mm long ATX PSU with the rear plate.

So in theory I could have the STX160.0 installed in Cerberus and then use a SFX PSU to have room for a 120mm AIO underneath it for the CPU on the mATX board. Then if I do SLI on the microATX board I could have three video cards and two CPUs in one sub-20L case :D
Oh damn, now I want the Cerberus AND the STX160.0 ! One system for desktop use and media (Linux), one for 4K gaming (Virtual Machines).
Maybe a manufacturer will some day release an STX case that's an "ATX PSU case" but without the GPU support.

jeshikat

Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
Maybe a manufacturer will some day release an STX case that's an "ATX PSU case" but without the GPU support.

I may design one like that for fun. It's why I did the standoffs the way I did, so I could test a GPU-less build with the Noctua L9x65 heatsink for quieter operation.

Reactions: Phuncz

O_and_N

Average Stuffer
Aug 18, 2016
Im on board too but im in fear i wont get it :\ unless Aiboh does a miracle in the next month-month and a half,as i need to build the pc and start working allready.My backup plan is to modify a jonsbo umx3 as its the closest thing i can find in size and quality but i really dont want to get to this.

Aiboh,im cheering for you,please pull out a miracle dude!

jeshikat

Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
Im on board too but im in fear i wont get it :\ unless Aiboh does a miracle in the next month-month and a half,as i need to build the pc and start working allready.

We should be taking orders for the prototype run within that timeframe (just watch as I jinx myself :\) but I do not think we'll be shipping by the end of then.

I sometimes think that revive the Kickstarter campaign (as it was) this time it might work.

Maybe but I'm doubtful, especially since the microATX motherboard market has stagnated since then with no compelling new boards (and barely and new boards at all).

Our current plan does not require a large upfront order volume so that's what we're working on.