Chimera Industries Cerberus: The 18L, mATX, USA-made enclosure

MuffinCrumbs

Trash Compacter
Jan 4, 2019
Question again, this time regarding coolers.

i will be getting a 3950x when it drops next decade. I was looking into air cooling and have settled on three choices. The noctua c14s, and the noctua U9s. Is there a vast difference in performance between these two models??

I think this thread is more focused on the Cerberus cases, and things that fit in it, i.e size and compatibility etc.
I don't think it is for telling the performance differences for cooling between two air cooler. However, maybe someone might answer. Unless you're asking in terms of how well it'd work with the case.

Other than that, I'm sure there are some reviews online. :) Hopefully someone will answer the question here though.

But here is a link to a thread on SFF Network site. And you might find it well. It is about Noctua C14 vs U9 and BeQuiet DarkRock TF: Noctua NH-C14 vs Noctua U9S vs be quiet Dark Rock TF

I hope this finds you well.

If you want you can also visit the SFF Network Discord server. People there are very nice and knowledgable enough to help.

Last edited:
Reactions: Allhopeforhumanity

si_death

Cable Smoosher
Oct 3, 2019
I think this thread is more focused on the Cerberus cases, and things that fit in it, i.e size and compatibility etc.
I don't think it is for telling the performance differences for cooling between two air cooler. However, maybe someone might answer. Unless you're asking in terms of how well it'd work with the case.

Other than that, I'm sure there are some reviews online. :) Hopefully someone will answer the question here though.

But here is a link to a thread on SFF Network site. And you might find it well. It is about Noctua C14 vs U9 and BeQuiet DarkRock TF: Noctua NH-C14 vs Noctua U9S vs be quiet Dark Rock TF

I hope this finds you well.

If you want you can also visit the SFF Network Discord server. People there are very nice and knowledgable enough to help.

sorry yes should have clarified . I was wanting to see if anyone had experience in this case of these coolers specifically in the Cerberus x case . on the sliger website I don’t remember seeing the U9s and it seems specs wise it should fit.

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015

i will be getting a 3950x when it drops next decade. I was looking into air cooling and have settled on three choices. The noctua c14s, and the noctua U9s. Is there a vast difference in performance between these two models??

C14S! Will want a rear 92mm exhaust fan and a top 120mm exhaust fan as well. But that should be able to handle the 3950X.

Worst case, liquid cooling!

Reactions: zugok and TheHig

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016

I own both coolers.
Go direct to c14s with dual fans. Better raw cooling and better suited to Cerberus-x.

Check my build (latest page with ryzen 7 3800x)..:)

Last edited:
Reactions: dealda and TheHig

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
C14S! Will want a rear 92mm exhaust fan and a top 120mm exhaust fan as well. But that should be able to handle the 3950X.

Worst case, liquid cooling!
Lol i did exactly the contrary : intake on rear 92mm and top 120mm, exhaust on c14s...leading to best GPU temperature..:)

Last edited:
Reactions: KSliger

AP2

Airflow Optimizer
Feb 1, 2017
these cards are sooo huge!

AP2

Airflow Optimizer
Feb 1, 2017
Question for all that have purchased they Cerberus case ... is the side accessories mount suppose to ship with the case or is it an option?

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
Question for all that have purchased they Cerberus case ... is the side accessories mount suppose to ship with the case or is it an option?

Side accessories mount?

The side hinge bracket?

If you're missing anything let us know ASAP, email support@sliger.com, and we will get it sent out.

DocH

G4G
Apr 2, 2017
On a 240mm radiator yes, a 280mm no.

I have something I might release, depends on another project. It would be a USB C that mounts out the side of the front vertical slots. Would not replace the top USB A ports.

I've seen it and it works, but I can't find a picture.

Here's a video of someone who did it to mount a pump/res where the PSU normally is:

Problem with the current panels is that a full perforated side would wind up like a potato chip, warped all over. Would have to make it a two piece side panel to really make full side perforation work. Shoot me an email on this, will go over some ideas - ksliger@sliger.com

This is gorgeous! Going to throw one of these pictures up on our FB credit to you!

ALSO

Does anyone know why this thread does not give me alerts / updates to responses? Sorry I have been absent, it just seemed like no one was responding to this thread.
Here the specs:
x299 asus deluxe motherboard
7900x delidded with copper IHS
evga QC ultra rtx 2080
seasonic 850w focus
phanteks reservoir
ddc pump
bykski gpu and cpu block
corsair commander pro
corsair hd 120mm x 4
hardwarelabs 240mm rads x 2
g skill 3200 4 x 8gb rgb ddr4
barrow fittings
EK ZMT tubing
Sandisk ultra 1tb ssd
Crucial 1tb m.2
asus rgb header hub
custom clear wiring
Then a 5" inch monitor with custom glass panel

let me know if you want a picture of the RGB vomit. I kinda perfer the clear look myself.

threestripevida

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 28, 2017
Just ordered my Cerberus X! Just waiting on my Kraken x52 to come in tomorrow. How long does it usually take to arrive after it ships?

Reactions: AP2

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
Just ordered my Cerberus X! Just waiting on my Kraken x52 to come in tomorrow. How long does it usually take to arrive after it ships?

We are buried right now, should ship out by Friday. We are based in Reno Nevada, roughly factor 1-2 days west coast, 2-3 days midwest, 3-5 days east coast. International varies.