Chimera Industries Cerberus: The 18L, mATX, USA-made enclosure

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
Would someone be able to possibly answer -

Can a 30mm rad + 25mm fan be used when using a water cooled (single slot) GPU in the lower slot of a matx board? in the cerberus (non x)

On a 240mm radiator yes, a 280mm no.

Hello friends,

I am wondering what the likelihood of getting updated front IO for the Cerberus case is. So far the only thing holding me back from buying one is the lack of a front USB-C port.

Perhaps the manufacturer will release an updated USB-C connector and associated top panel in the future, what do you think?

I have something I might release, depends on another project. It would be a USB C that mounts out the side of the front vertical slots. Would not replace the top USB A ports.

Has anyone tried relocating the psu and mounting 240mm rad on the side the like the Ncase?

I've seen it and it works, but I can't find a picture.

Here's a video of someone who did it to mount a pump/res where the PSU normally is:

I am looking to purchase another Cerberus X.

Can you guys machine the holes for the side panel and flip the side panel and machine the holes on both the top and bottom half of the side panel? This way you would not even have to re-model.

I plan to do another triple GPU setup and a side fan for the GPU is really helpful. While I only drilled halfway because that's all I needed for the PSU fan, I still want it machined completely.

There is enough space to mount a 120mm fan to the inside of the side panel. It does not look beautiful but it was needed to have enough airflow to accommodate for the top GPU.

For reference, this is what I have done.

If this is possible for you guys to do, I would really appreciate it. Thank you very much and have a great day!

Problem with the current panels is that a full perforated side would wind up like a potato chip, warped all over. Would have to make it a two piece side panel to really make full side perforation work. Shoot me an email on this, will go over some ideas - ksliger@sliger.com

For your viewing pleasure

This is gorgeous! Going to throw one of these pictures up on our FB credit to you!

ALSO

Does anyone know why this thread does not give me alerts / updates to responses? Sorry I have been absent, it just seemed like no one was responding to this thread.

Reactions: DocH

Allhopeforhumanity

Master of Cramming
May 1, 2017
Does anyone know why this thread does not give me alerts / updates to responses? Sorry I have been absent, it just seemed like no one was responding to this thread.

I've had issues where if I missed more than 2 thread updates, for example logging in and clicking the notification bell but not visiting a specific thread twice, then I no longer received updates until I manually navigated to the thread again. Not sure if its a bug or a feature, but it has been my experience with a number of threads I watch.

MuffinCrumbs

Trash Compacter
Jan 4, 2019
I've had issues where if I missed more than 2 thread updates, for example logging in and clicking the notification bell but not visiting a specific thread twice, then I no longer received updates until I manually navigated to the thread again. Not sure if its a bug or a feature, but it has been my experience with a number of threads I watch.

I think that is a feature. And I like that feature a lot. Because if one is not intended to visit the thread often, but only at a certain time when the topic is interesting, then they'll get updates in correlation to how active the user is on the thread. Saves the inbox folder of the e-mail.

threestripevida

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 28, 2017
Does the Kraken x62 fit with no problems on the bottom of the Cerberus X? I'm looking to get the x62 for my build. Also, do people switch out the fans, or do they keep the stock fans on?

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
Does the Kraken x62 fit with no problems on the bottom of the Cerberus X? I'm looking to get the x62 for my build. Also, do people switch out the fans, or do they keep the stock fans on?

Can confirm it fits, but you might not be able to get all the screws into the bottom. I have 4 screws holding my 280mm AIO in the bottom.

NZXT fans are ok. I would recommend some Noctuas if looking for slightly better noise / performance.

MuffinCrumbs

Trash Compacter
Jan 4, 2019

Can confirm it fits, but you might not be able to get all the screws into the bottom. I have 4 screws holding my 280mm AIO in the bottom.

NZXT fans are ok. I would recommend some Noctuas if looking for slightly better noise / performance.

In my experience of installing 280mm rad, having the X62 30 mm-thickness/280mm and then later H115i Pro 30mm-thickness/280mm, I didn't have any space for the cables at the bottom of the motherboard (ATX motherboard), unless I removed the fans from the top, or even if I tried 15mm fans. The cables were being pressed hard against the board and the connectors. So I had to find way with 120mm fans on a 280mm RAD. This was in a Cerberus X.

I'd assume this depends on the motherboard size, if it is ATX standard size or smaller.

threestripevida

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 28, 2017
In my experience of installing 280mm rad, having the X62 30 mm-thickness/280mm and then later H115i Pro 30mm-thickness/280mm, I didn't have any space for the cables at the bottom of the motherboard (ATX motherboard), unless I removed the fans from the top, or even if I tried 15mm fans. The cables were being pressed hard against the board and the connectors. So I had to find way with 120mm fans on a 280mm RAD. This was in a Cerberus X.

I'd assume this depends on the motherboard size, if it is ATX standard size or smaller.

Would a 240 aio be better for the extra space at the bottom? The cooling wouldn’t be all that different.

MuffinCrumbs

Trash Compacter
Jan 4, 2019
Would a 240 aio be better for the extra space at the bottom? The cooling wouldn’t be all that different.

If in any case you're likely to experience what I did, I would assume a 240mm RAD would be a better choice. it'd give you slightly more room to not crush the board against it.

I can clarify what I meant, as I feel I sounded vague in my last comment.
Basically, there a connectors at the bottom of my board. Which many boards do in most cases. Such as Fan header, audio SPDIF, I/O connector/header. Having the 280mm RAD took almost the entire space under the the area of the board, and when installing fans over it, it pressed hard against the connectors and headers. Especially the USB internal cable I had plugged in. I either had to sacrifice a lot, or I had to think what to do. And I then just installed 120mm fans on top of the 280mm RAD, using one screw hole and three plastic screws with strong sticker adhesive at the bottom, for each fan.

If you use 240mm RAD, you could move the rad more away from the board, and have slight room between the RAD+Fans and the board.

si_death

Cable Smoosher
Oct 3, 2019
Hello all, I am wanting to build a cerberus x machine and was doing some research. I believe I will be going with a c14s air cooler as i believe that might be the best one for an air cooler setup. If i am researching correctly, i can fit a 120mm fan at the top and then 2 140mm at the front and bottom. AM i correct in this?? (oh and a 120mm fan on the side bracket.)

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
Hello all, I am wanting to build a cerberus x machine and was doing some research. I believe I will be going with a c14s air cooler as i believe that might be the best one for an air cooler setup. If i am researching correctly, i can fit a 120mm fan at the top and then 2 140mm at the front and bottom. AM i correct in this?? (oh and a 120mm fan on the side bracket.)
Welcome on club.
Top fan is 120mm x15mm. You can either have one or two fan depending of top bracket.
Front fan, you can put up to 140x25mm below psu.
At bottom, you can put 2x120m, better than 1x140mm

AP2

Airflow Optimizer
Feb 1, 2017
generally how long does it take the cases to ship? Placed an order last week and still no shipping number.

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
generally how long does it take the cases to ship? Placed an order last week and still no shipping number.

Should ship today, sorry we had a delay on QC with new trainee.

Also - Density.sk is up for anyone trying to buy our cases in EU!

santalaus

Case Bender
Oct 7, 2019
Thats's great news!!
Just tried...and shipping cost are also way better..and no risks of customs...GG!
Thanks!
Hello,
did you order there without problem? I tried it yesterday and Paypal Paying did not work. After paying with Creditcard I got an Mail that an Fraud-Prevention.
They what more Data, in 2 Days, or they could only work on the order with payment first.

And I also ask them, why did the want an Paypal Payment Fee, I thougth since (EU) 2015/2366 aka PSD2 they where not allowed to give payment fees throug customers in EU.

Regards

shadowfear

Cable Smoosher
Dec 11, 2018
www.density.sk
Hello,
did you order there without problem? I tried it yesterday and Paypal Paying did not work. After paying with Creditcard I got an Mail that an Fraud-Prevention.
They what more Data, in 2 Days, or they could only work on the order with payment first.

And I also ask them, why did the want an Paypal Payment Fee, I thougth since (EU) 2015/2366 aka PSD2 they where not allowed to give payment fees throug customers in EU.

Regards

Hi Santalaus,

unfortunately PayPal had some technical difficulties which are now solved and PayPal can be used without issues now.

Regarding the Paypal fees...unfortunately some parts of the website are still under construction and the system has charged these in error. But as visible now when you try to place an order, you wont get any of those again :) And all other buyers that got these charged already did receive them back.

About the fraud prevention...most payment providers (including PayPal, or our BARION payment gateway) implement an automated fraud prevention system that automatically checks many parameters of the transaction and if some part did not seem to be OK, the transaction is flagged. In fact this is law in many EU countries and Credit card issuers and financial institutions are required to do what is possible to keep the buyer secure during his/hers transaction over the internet.

Unfortunately these systems sometimes work "too good" and a transactions is flagged even if it should not be. It is sometimes enough, when i.e. the buyer is using a card issued in a different name than his delivery address, or in many cases when the buyer is using a VPN and basically "paying from a different country" than is the issuing country of the credit card used. These are just a few of extremely many examples. For safety reasons do not know which one was exactly your case and we also never know the card number of the buyer (and honestly no one should have these data for obvious reasons). There is a unified secure system called 3Dsecure which will deal with this type of problems in the future., But unfortunately only a few banks do support it at the moment and EU has pushed out the legislation that would require 3Dsecure during online checkout for all of them until 2020.

Therefore if something like this happens, we have to verify the delivery address and ONLY the name of the card holder. We never ever will ask for any sensitive card numbers, etc (for obvious reasons). This is simply the same, that can also happen when a buyer in most countries pays via a card in a brick-and-mortar shop over a certain higher amount and is asked for his ID to prove his identity.

If you've re-confirmed your delivery address and the name of the card holder, the data is checked with the payment provider and in 99,9% cases immediately confirmed. After that your order will simply be processed as usual.

Issues like these are not always nice, but they help us to improve the system so more buyers can have a seamless checkout experience in the future.

We apologize for any inconveniences caused and hope something like this will never happen again to any buyer :)

Kind regards

Desnsity.sk

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
Hi Santalaus,

unfortunately PayPal had some technical difficulties which are now solved and PayPal can be used without issues now.

Regarding the Paypal fees...unfortunately some parts of the website are still under construction and the system has charged these in error. But as visible now when you try to place an order, you wont get any of those again :) And all other buyers that got these charged already did receive them back.

About the fraud prevention...most payment providers (including PayPal, or our BARION payment gateway) implement an automated fraud prevention system that automatically checks many parameters of the transaction and if some part did not seem to be OK, the transaction is flagged. In fact this is law in many EU countries and Credit card issuers and financial institutions are required to do what is possible to keep the buyer secure during his/hers transaction over the internet.

Unfortunately these systems sometimes work "too good" and a transactions is flagged even if it should not be. It is sometimes enough, when i.e. the buyer is using a card issued in a different name than his delivery address, or in many cases when the buyer is using a VPN and basically "paying from a different country" than is the issuing country of the credit card used. These are just a few of extremely many examples. For safety reasons do not know which one was exactly your case and we also never know the card number of the buyer (and honestly no one should have these data for obvious reasons). There is a unified secure system called 3Dsecure which will deal with this type of problems in the future., But unfortunately only a few banks do support it at the moment and EU has pushed out the legislation that would require 3Dsecure during online checkout for all of them until 2020.

Therefore if something like this happens, we have to verify the delivery address and ONLY the name of the card holder. We never ever will ask for any sensitive card numbers, etc (for obvious reasons). This is simply the same, that can also happen when a buyer in most countries pays via a card in a brick-and-mortar shop over a certain higher amount and is asked for his ID to prove his identity.

If you've re-confirmed your delivery address and the name of the card holder, the data is checked with the payment provider and in 99,9% cases immediately confirmed. After that your order will simply be processed as usual.

Issues like these are not always nice, but they help us to improve the system so more buyers can have a seamless checkout experience in the future.

We apologize for any inconveniences caused and hope something like this will never happen again to any buyer :)

Kind regards

Desnsity.sk
Thanks for clarification.

I'll definitely have a look soon..;)

santalaus

Case Bender
Oct 7, 2019
Hello,

solved. Wow what a quick response. I hope the Case will come also so quick.

Thank you very much Desnity.sk

Best regards.

si_death

Cable Smoosher
Oct 3, 2019
Question again, this time regarding coolers.

i will be getting a 3950x when it drops next decade. I was looking into air cooling and have settled on three choices. The noctua c14s, and the noctua U9s. Is there a vast difference in performance between these two models??