Chimera Industries Cerberus: The 18L, mATX, USA-made enclosure

VegetableStu

Shrink Ray Wielder
Aug 18, 2016
in paper, it should. the longest card length the case supports is 330mm. the Nvidia reference cards are usually 267mm. you have about 63mm to work with.

taking away 32mm rad and 27mm fan (in case there are rubber dampers) you're left with 4mm of clearance. keep a look out for the AIO radiator tubing clearance though.

Reactions: fabio

greg.chalk

Cable Smoosher
Mar 21, 2018
Ecru Beige to be discontinued 6/15/18 for both Cerberus and Cerberus X.
$50 off orders with Ecru Biege units until then. (or when stock runs out)

Vented Window Panels to be discontinued 6/30/18 for both Cerberus and Cerberus X. (or when stock runs out)
$20 off orders with Vented Windows.

Just check out on website and reply to the order confirmation. We will issue a refund for $50 which gets you a brand new Cerberus for $160~$175 + S&H.

For those concerned about new the future of Cerberus, there are no plans to discontinue Cerberus or Cerberus X.

There however will be new parts and options coming on 7/1 to freshen the line-up including full side window and a double 120mm fan bracket for the top of case.

As always, PM me for anything questions or help!
@KSliger

So if someone wants to have both panels (vented + vented window) , you must at the basic configuration to choose vented and add as a separate part the vented window (+40$)?
And if you buy it as a separate part do you still have the 20$ off?

Last edited:
Reactions: Biowarejak

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
Hi guys! So excited to receive this amazing case. next week!! And planning carefully the new system :)
I have one question about the clearance to mount a thick radiator with the normal 25mm fans in the front. Do you think that the new Enermax 32mm radiator (in the link) will fit with an NVIDIA Titan V (268mm length) reference card?

With radiator mount in the front yes, but you will only have 5mm to spare.
Case is overall 330mm on inside for card + fan + radio, will be a tight fit.

Put radiator in the bottom you should have no issues.

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
@KSliger

So if someone wants to have both panels (vented + vented window) , you must at the basic configuration to choose vented and add as a separate part the vented window (+40$)?
And if you buy it as a separate part do you still have the 20$ off?

On the configuration pick left side vented with window, and select right side vented.

You do not need to add the window under the parts tab.

$20 applied to new cases or to buying just the window + vented panel.

Reactions: greg.chalk

greg.chalk

Cable Smoosher
Mar 21, 2018
On the configuration pick left side vented with window, and select right side vented.

You do not need to add the window under the parts tab.

$20 applied to new cases or to buying just the window + vented panel.
My bad, I wasn't clear enough. I meant, to have both versions of the left side only, but anyway your answer already explains my question.
Thank you.

skittlebrau

Cable Smoosher
New User
Feb 22, 2018
Hey,
I was wondering if there is any update on a potential UK/EU reseller. I just checked at it's 100 dollar minimum for shipping to my address. I really love the case, but almost half the price of the configuration just in shipping, let alone the VAT I would have to pay is real hard to justify
Would be nice to have one in Australia too. The shipping fee is like 50% of the cost of the case.

A.wypt

Chassis Packer
Jan 17, 2018
Was a Kickstarter supporter way back in 2016... Happy to say now I'm a owner of one, managed to fit a ATX PSU in the front too! (I'm aware that it's not officially supported)
Main problem is of course, the power cord blocking the top panel from closing fully. Both the cord and the plug is blocking it... Anyone have any suggestion?

Would be nice to have one in Australia too. The shipping fee is like 50% of the cost of the case.

Yeah I feel ya. I live in Singapore and the direct shipping from Sliger was about USD120+
I ship it to a forwarder in the US instead, that's USD23+. Forwarder to Singapore was about USD90..... Not much of a saving

Qrash

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 10, 2015
Was a Kickstarter supporter way back in 2016... Happy to say now I'm a owner of one, managed to fit a ATX PSU in the front too! (I'm aware that it's not officially supported)
Main problem is of course, the power cord blocking the top panel from closing fully. Both the cord and the plug is blocking it... Anyone have any suggestion?

Yeah I feel ya. I live in Singapore and the direct shipping from Sliger was about USD120+
I ship it to a forwarder in the US instead, that's USD23+. Forwarder to Singapore was about USD90..... Not much of a saving

I know it's tight already between the PS and your graphics card, but could you lower the PS using longer bolts and some spacers below the top of the frame so that the power cable can pass underneath the top fan bracket?

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
Hey,
I was wondering if there is any update on a potential UK/EU reseller. I just checked at it's 100 dollar minimum for shipping to my address. I really love the case, but almost half the price of the configuration just in shipping, let alone the VAT I would have to pay is real hard to justify
The same here...US$100 minimum shipping cost to China.
I think, the Mach One is going to have very similar shipping cost as it will be shipped from the US. This basically eliminates my consideration of purchasing the Mach One.
Comparing to the NCase M1, the shipping cost is just US$10 (from Taiwan).

VegetableStu

Shrink Ray Wielder
Aug 18, 2016
I think, the Mach One is going to have very similar shipping cost as it will be shipped from the US. This basically eliminates my consideration of purchasing the Mach One.
eh?! I was under the impression (because SFFLab) they might be being made by Lian Li o_o

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
eh?! I was under the impression (because SFFLab) they might be being made by Lian Li o_o
I am not sure. I just assume the Mach One is part of the product line of Chimera and so it is being manufactured in the US just like the Cerberus. Am I mistaken?

Nyven

Caliper Novice
Nov 16, 2017

Just a thought, but you could always see if the case screws above and below the fan on the bottome of the psu line up with the front vent holes and maybe use those to carefully screw it to the front panel instead of anchoring to the top giving you the freedom to move it down as long as there is room.

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
I am not sure. I just assume the Mach One is part of the product line of Chimera and so it is being manufactured in the US just like the Cerberus. Am I mistaken?

The materials of it screams Lian Li, and knowing the partnership SFFLAB has with them making / distributing all their cases I don't see any other manufacturer being considered.

Is the NH-U9S the largest compatible cooler from Noctua for the Cerberus?

Yes sir!

The same here...US$100 minimum shipping cost to China.

We're still working on distributors, they wanted us to have 3-4 products to consider anything hence the rush to get my SM500 and G (SM570) ready for 7/1. Cases will all be on NewEgg soon, and they have EU distribution. SEA is a bit more complicated.

nemesis429

Caliper Novice
Aug 10, 2016
The materials of it screams Lian Li, and knowing the partnership SFFLAB has with them making / distributing all their cases I don't see any other manufacturer being considered.

Yes sir!

We're still working on distributors, they wanted us to have 3-4 products to consider anything hence the rush to get my SM500 and G (SM570) ready for 7/1. Cases will all be on NewEgg soon, and they have EU distribution. SEA is a bit more complicated.

Few things.

What's the SM500 or SM G?

How comes you are going to stop selling vented /w window?

Will all those parts be configurable on NewEgg, as currently pricing for delivery + import duty/tax is like a third of the case for me in the UK.

Thanks in advance!

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
Few things.

What's the SM500 or SM G?

How comes you are going to stop selling vented /w window?

Will all those parts be configurable on NewEgg, as currently pricing for delivery + import duty/tax is like a third of the case for me in the UK.

Thanks in advance!

Other cases, can be found on this forum.

Our CNC mills vaccum table broke and it's going to cost $3k to fix something we never use, this window requires it. Plus the small window generally doesn't show case the parts of the case and only gives a view of the GPU and bottom of case.

The cases on NewEgg will be SKUs with a few predetermined brackets, IE black base model, white + window, black + window + handle, red + window.

Reactions: Biowarejak