Funding CASEKRAKEN FLIP H1 - Cheapest stand

You will buy stand via amazon for 45-55$? (Direct shipping 25-35$)

• Total voters

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
In all our cases, these wires are used to connect the buttons!

A single connector for connecting in one motion both the button itself and its backlight, actually an analogue of Asus Q-connector and the like)
Thank you so much. IO connectors on the motherboard have been standardized for some time now, I am so tired of having to plug in individual cables.

Reactions: bricemx and Serf1r

Poblopuablo

King of Cable Management
Jan 14, 2018
The poll: You will buy stand via amazon for 45-55$? (Direct shipping 25-35$)

Does that "$45-$55" price include the pcie riser? Will any pcie riser work? Or will it need to have specific mounting holes dimensions?

also, does that mean 45-55(stand) + 25-35 (Shipping) total? So the end product would be ~ $70-$90? Just wanted clarification. :)

Reactions: bricemx

Serf1r

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
CaseKraken
Jan 13, 2019
casekraken.com
The poll: You will buy stand via amazon for 45-55$? (Direct shipping 25-35$)

Does that "$45-$55" price include the pcie riser? Will any pcie riser work? Or will it need to have specific mounting holes dimensions?

also, does that mean 45-55(stand) + 25-35 (Shipping) total? So the end product would be ~ $70-$90? Just wanted clarification. :)
Ohh, sorry)

45-55$ without riser and with free shipping by Amazon.

Now you can order from Russia (35$ + 30$ shipping in USA )

Riser + 20$ (Our mid-level riser)
or +30$ (Ultra quality Li-Heat.)

Riser is not fixed

newtothegame

Average Stuffer
Sep 1, 2018
Quick feedback:
1. Does the logo cutout benefit the functionality of the frame in any way? I've been trying to wrap my head around it but I can see how it could serve a purpose beyond branding. If I'm not mistaken in my ignorance then I'd suggest dropping it, it takes away from the elegance and simplicity of the monolithic frame.
2. Maybe it's just me but I'm having a difficult time understanding the tonality of the grey being used as it looks a bit more dark (almost black) on certain renders and a bit grey-ish on others (especially in the vertical part of the frame). This is just my opinion but I think a grey look could be more elegant, blend better within the environment, and wouldn't cry for attention/stand out as much as the black does.

Serf1r

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
CaseKraken
Jan 13, 2019
casekraken.com
Quick feedback:
1. Does the logo cutout benefit the functionality of the frame in any way? I've been trying to wrap my head around it but I can see how it could serve a purpose beyond branding. If I'm not mistaken in my ignorance then I'd suggest dropping it, it takes away from the elegance and simplicity of the monolithic frame.
2. Maybe it's just me but I'm having a difficult time understanding the tonality of the grey being used as it looks a bit more dark (almost black) on certain renders and a bit grey-ish on others (especially in the vertical part of the frame). This is just my opinion but I think a grey look could be more elegant, blend better within the environment, and wouldn't cry for attention/stand out as much as the black does.
Thanks for the feedback.

1. Logo for branding, and does not affect the rigidity of the structure
2. There will be three colors - black, gray and white. Perhaps we will make an expensive version of anodized aluminum (If there is a demand. It will be available only for direct delivery from Russia)

Poblopuablo

King of Cable Management
Jan 14, 2018
Thanks for the feedback.

1. Logo for branding, and does not affect the rigidity of the structure
2. There will be three colors - black, gray and white. Perhaps we will make an expensive version of anodized aluminum (If there is a demand. It will be available only for direct delivery from Russia)
What is the intention for coloring the steel? Paint, powder coat, other method?

Serf1r

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
CaseKraken
Jan 13, 2019
casekraken.com
PREORDER OPENED!
PREORDER NOW

Shipping at batch 2 (3-8 weeks)

Dont forget about risers, we add cheap variant for 20$!!
All works but some things not translated (not important)
Thanks for support!

Serf1r

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
CaseKraken
Jan 13, 2019
casekraken.com
Can you take PayPal?
unfortunately not at the moment. We are registered as self-employed (not an organization), therefore, we can’t open a business account (paypal provides this only for organizations), and you can’t do business from your personal account. At the moment, only direct payment from the card through Yandex.Cash is supported, which is officially registered on me

In future? Yes. We will open organisation after 3-5 months if all will be ok (need ~500$ for cash register and other)

Serf1r

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
CaseKraken
Jan 13, 2019
casekraken.com
Thats amazing. Really. It turned out to be unrealistically tough. After 3-4 days, I will collect my computer in it and share photos. Also in 3-10 days I will launch a pre-order for the next batch (approximately by August 10 we will do the batch)

philpirj

Trash Compacter
May 10, 2020
Looks gorgeous! And you know, for $33 it's by a large margin the cheapest case for its qualities.

I have some questions though.
1. You mention that just like Hydra PSU is facing up. But it looks like the vent is facing down:
Does the render on the left misleading in its placement of the power socket?

2. If the fan is facing up, isn't part of its vent (approx 45% visually) covered by a solid plate? Or is there some space between the PSU and the plate?

3. Why the GPU is that far from the bottom? This forces the riser to be ~300mm. To prevent the PSU from sucking in hot air from the GPU?

4. Won't GPU upside down apply mechanical stress to it as it's only kept by its mounting plate, and PCIe slot is not an attachment point?

5. Is there a reason not to turn the mobo 180º so that PCIe slot is on the top? That way:
- the GPU can be upside up
- while keeping GPU away from PSU, you'll be able to use a shorter PCIe riser cable
- no need to pass the CPU power cable all the way up to the top of the case

You've really inspired me, and I've sketched on paper two steel sheet cases during the day today.
I had the above questions I had in mind and tried to build a case that doesn't have those problems.
Want me to share what I came up with? I'll be happy to if you eventually make a case out of it.

Still, my sketches are just sketches, and your case is real, I'm eager to get a Flip H1. Love it!

Reactions: xredlinexx1

murderbymodem

Average Stuffer
Jun 6, 2019
I'm considering this. I'd like it better without the logo though. None of my other SFF cases have branding on them (Velka 3, Salvo S402, Sliger Console), and I prefer it that way. I want my builds to look as clean as possible. I imagine it could only reduce costs for having them made as well, it's a whole step dropped from the machining process, right?

Also, a future version for 3-slot GPUs? You can really go overkill on hardware when the case is open and you don't have to worry about things fitting.

Serf1r

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
CaseKraken
Jan 13, 2019
casekraken.com
Looks gorgeous! And you know, for $33 it's by a large margin the cheapest case for its qualities.

I have some questions though.
1. You mention that just like Hydra PSU is facing up. But it looks like the vent is facing down:
Does the render on the left misleading in its placement of the power socket?

2. If the fan is facing up, isn't part of its vent (approx 45% visually) covered by a solid plate? Or is there some space between the PSU and the plate?

3. Why the GPU is that far from the bottom? This forces the riser to be ~300mm. To prevent the PSU from sucking in hot air from the GPU?

4. Won't GPU upside down apply mechanical stress to it as it's only kept by its mounting plate, and PCIe slot is not an attachment point?

5. Is there a reason not to turn the mobo 180º so that PCIe slot is on the top? That way:
- the GPU can be upside up
- while keeping GPU away from PSU, you'll be able to use a shorter PCIe riser cable
- no need to pass the CPU power cable all the way up to the top of the case

You've really inspired me, and I've sketched on paper two steel sheet cases during the day today.
I had the above questions I had in mind and tried to build a case that doesn't have those problems.
Want me to share what I came up with? I'll be happy to if you eventually make a case out of it.

Still, my sketches are just sketches, and your case is real, I'm eager to get a Flip H1. Love it!
1. You have two variants, 2 version have perforation under psu
2. Yes, but i say in 1.
3. Absolutely right! And for wide gpu (like msi)
4. It mountet in two points. All hydra-like open stads use this mount system
5. certainly possible, but we wanted to make sure that all the wires were on the one hand and beautifully laid. this is the problem of hydra

Reactions: philpirj