Funding CASEKRAKEN FLIP H1 - Cheapest stand

You will buy stand via amazon for 45-55$? (Direct shipping 25-35$)

• Total voters

Serf1r

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
CaseKraken
Jan 13, 2019
casekraken.com
Fixed:
1. In release stands, pci riser will be attached to the stand
2. We decided to add ventilation holes under power supply
3. Slightly changed the position of the holes for the ties / Velcro tape
4. Changed the mount for ssd, now you can put another one
5. Bracket for 120/92mm aio (and maybe 240)

In progress:
1. Backlit logo insert
2. Branded package

PREORDER OPENED

PREORDER NOW!

Shipping at batch 1 (est ~end of october)

Dont forget about Riser!

It is difficult to come up with something new in this area, so we decided to try to finalize the design and reduce the price

So we just do it. 2mm steel stand for just $ 35

Here you could write a whole opus about its creation, but no. Its goal is to be of high quality and affordable for everyone.

Specs:
Supported PCIe riser - ADT Angled (you can buy from us too)
Dimensions - 215 × 250 × 150 mm
Material - 2 mm steel powder coated
Supported Motherboard Format - ITX
Supported Power Supply Format - SFX / SFX-L
2 SSD 2.5"

All info in english at telegram - https://t.me/casekrakenen

Some photos

Last edited:

Poblopuablo

King of Cable Management
Jan 14, 2018
I think you will need some kind of support system for the graphics card since it will be mounted upside down. Just an L- bracket that mounted to the frame would work. But it would need to be on a rail of sorts, to allow for multiple graphics card heights.

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
A few feedbacks:-
a. if the PSU fan is facing down, then it cannot breathe air in as the bench base is resting on the desk (vs lifted up with feet)

b. the motherboard is too close to the back vertical plate. Even though I see a cutout, physical conflict with a mobo rear M.2 (especially with a heatsink) is possible.

c. the PCIe riser cable is a must (in order to put the display card at the back, as designed). So, the cost of such a riser cable should be counted into the cheap price of $35. Obviously, if one buys this bench, one is not going to put the display card into the PCIe slot. So, it is better to bundle a custom length riser cable too.

d. The current design will have the PCIe riser cable passing through the back of the motherboard and rising up to meet the display card's insert. This arrangement (very typical of A4 sandwich style cases) can potentially impede the airflow to the rear M.2 SSD.

e. The current design has the display card hanging outside of the footprint of the bench. IMHO, this is not ideal.
Maybe you can investigate to see if you can do something similar to the pic below. This should also allows better ventilation to rear M.2 SSD, in addition to keeping everything inside the footprint. If possible, maybe, even the red portion in the 2nd pic can be removed to make the entire system smaller.

Last edited:

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
The current design has the display card hanging outside of the footprint of the bench. IMHO, this is not ideal.
Maybe you can investigate to see if you can do something similar to the pic below. This should also allows better ventilation to rear M.2 SSD, in addition to keeping everything inside the footprint.

I think that's actually a good idea and would clearly separate you from the other motif monument knockoffs out there...

Poblopuablo

King of Cable Management
Jan 14, 2018
Well, there are already several knockoffs of the motif monument but if you can do it for that price I believe some people will buy it.
The main issue I see, is if it will be durable enough at only 2mm thick. I would think 3mm would be the slimmest(especially if someone wants to use a beefier heatsink). I know there is extra rigidity from the small bracket holding the gpu io to the PSU, but I think thicker material would be optimal.

e. The current design has the display card hanging outside of the footprint of the bench. IMHO, this is not ideal.
Maybe you can investigate to see if you can do something similar to the pic below. This should also allows better ventilation to rear M.2 SSD, in addition to keeping everything inside the footprint. If possible, maybe, even the red portion in the 2nd pic can be removed to make the entire system smaller.

This would definitely provide a unique aspect. My only issue with that layout would be the display cables from the gpu being visable, also then limiting the gpu to ~245mm in length unless it is made taller(since the dimensions are 250mm tall) additionally, it would impede on the space for the cables exiting the power supply.

This could be remedied by rotating the power supply 90° so the fan faces the back, this would also make the case a little bit taller by about 40-50mm but would allow for taller graphics cards and make the whole system slimmer (but that might be an issue if there needs to be a wide base for stability).

Reactions: tinyitx

Serf1r

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
CaseKraken
Jan 13, 2019
casekraken.com
A few feedbacks:-
a. if the PSU fan is facing down, then it cannot breathe air in as the bench base is resting on the desk (vs lifted up with feet)

b. the motherboard is too close to the back vertical plate. Even though I see a cutout, physical conflict with a mobo rear M.2 (especially with a heatsink) is possible.

c. the PCIe riser cable is a must (in order to put the display card at the back, as designed). So, the cost of such a riser cable should be counted into the cheap price of $35. Obviously, if one buys this bench, one is not going to put the display card into the PCIe slot. So, it is better to bundle a custom length riser cable too.

d. The current design will have the PCIe riser cable passing through the back of the motherboard and rising up to meet the display card's insert. This arrangement (very typical of A4 sandwich style cases) can potentially impede the airflow to the rear M.2 SSD.

Thanks for feedback!

a. Psu facing up, its hydra-like design, but we add cutoffs for psu

b. 6mm standoffs. And it have cutout for m.2 ssd

c. We will sell cheap risers later

d. 2cm for cable management and ventilation. Its not enough?

e. Maybe, i think about it

Reactions: bricemx and railtwo

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
d. 2cm for cable management and ventilation. Its not enough?
2cm should be enough. I was just looking at the renderings which do not really reflect the dimensions/clearance that well. I was thinking about the space between the M.2 SSD (green box) and the PCIe riser cable (red line).
Often, the cable just 'hovers' above the SSD like a blanket, thus preventing any air reaching it.

Serf1r

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
CaseKraken
Jan 13, 2019
casekraken.com
2cm should be enough. I was just looking at the renderings which do not really reflect the dimensions/clearance that well. I was thinking about the space between the M.2 SSD (green box) and the PCIe riser cable (red line).
Often, the cable just 'hovers' above the SSD like a blanket, thus preventing any air reaching it.
there is also a large number of holes for Velcro

GuilleAcoustic

Chief Procrastination Officer
SFFn Staff
LOSIAS
Jun 29, 2015
guilleacoustic.wordpress.com
there is also a large number of holes for Velcro

They aren't really visible with those renders. Maybe you should add a render or 2 with no hardware fitted ;). Since it is an open air chassis, cable management is even more important as it will more likely require custom cables to look good (just like the Motif Monument).

I'm also sceptical about the 2mm and it's durability over time with heavy heasinks.

Serf1r

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
CaseKraken
Jan 13, 2019
casekraken.com
They aren't really visible with those renders. Maybe you should add a render or 2 with no hardware fitted ;). Since it is an open air chassis, cable management is even more important as it will more likely require custom cables to look good (just like the Motif Monument).

I'm also sceptical about the 2mm and it's durability over time with heavy heasinks.
2mm steel is enought for it. Really

Poblopuablo

King of Cable Management
Jan 14, 2018
Do you think this is not enough?
It might be, but I still don't think it will be enough. I could be wrong. But I feel that even with that there could still be some gpu sag, I also Don't know the this i/o bracket on the gpu is strong enough to holder the whole graphics card. (maybe for some of the smaller, or even standard size ones) but some of the larger and heavier ones that have been coming out over the last few years, I don't think it is optimal.

I could be wrong.

2mm steel is enought for it. Really

Nice, I didn't realize it was steel, I thought it was aluminum. :)

Reactions: bricemx and Serf1r