Production case SX1 6.8L / SX2 7.5L by Custom_MOD

bowman9991

Trash Compacter
Jul 27, 2017
galacticbrain.com
Right about ram. Wrong gskills link.
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820232560

Haven't ordered yet. Waiting until case turns up. Only thing I'm worried about is the GPU and i7-7700K creating too much heat and therefore too much noise. Could probably squeeze a slim fan where the SSDs go, I guess...

Either you linked the wrong ram here, or you ordered the wrong ram. You listed a 4x8gb kit, when the motherboard only has two ram slots. So you need a 2x16gb kit to have 32gb of ram.

Nice build, though. I have the same CPU, SSD, GPU, and power supply. However, I will be running the Cyrorig C7, Asrock fatality mobo, and 16gb of Corsair LED ram (3200mhz).

grantman102002

Trash Compacter
Jul 4, 2017
Right about ram. Wrong gskills link.
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820232560

Haven't ordered yet. Waiting until case turns up. Only thing I'm worried about is the GPU and i7-7700K creating too much heat and therefore too much noise. Could probably squeeze a slim fan where the SSDs go, I guess...
I know it may seem like a daunting task, but you should really consider delidding the i7. I was hitting 87 degrees stress testing using adia64 and 99 degrees (thermal throttling) under prime95's blender test. After delidding today I hit a max of 72 degrees in adia64 and 82 degrees in prime95. These are at stock clocks (turbo up to 4.4ghz).

I used the rockit88 delid tool and Thermal Grizzly's Conductonaut liquid metal paste for the delid, and between the heatsink and CPU heatspreader...

Yes the Cyrorig c7 i have may cool a little better than your Noctua, but you should see similar results!

bowman9991

Trash Compacter
Jul 27, 2017
galacticbrain.com
Thanks for the results. Appreciated.

I have never even heard of delidding before you mentioned it. Interesting. Will test when I put it all together, but definitely worth the effort to delid if the results before and after are as you suggest. I don't think the Cyrorig c7 fits in the REV 1.1 version of the case, that's why I went for the Noctua.

Of course, if we could somehow squeeze a water cooler in there without too much pain it would be even better. :-)

I know it may seem like a daunting task, but you should really consider delidding the i7. I was hitting 87 degrees stress testing using adia64 and 99 degrees (thermal throttling) under prime95's blender test. After delidding today I hit a max of 72 degrees in adia64 and 82 degrees in prime95. These are at stock clocks (turbo up to 4.4ghz).

I used the rockit88 delid tool and Thermal Grizzly's Conductonaut liquid metal paste for the delid, and between the heatsink and CPU heatspreader...

Yes the Cyrorig c7 i have may cool a little better than your Noctua, but you should see similar results!

grantman102002

Trash Compacter
Jul 4, 2017
Thanks for the results. Appreciated.

I have never even heard of delidding before you mentioned it. Interesting. Will test when I put it all together, but definitely worth the effort to delid if the results before and after are as you suggest. I don't think the Cyrorig c7 fits in the REV 1.1 version of the case, that's why I went for the Noctua.

Of course, if we could somehow squeeze a water cooler in there without too much pain it would be even better. :-)
No problem. You're right. The C7 will only fit Rev 2.0 of the SFX Mini. I have one ordered in batch 4. I'm currently using the Fractal Node 202 as a temp case. You will be happy with the Noctua, though.

ExtremelyLoudNinja

Chassis Packer
Mar 19, 2017

I am thinking of delidding as well, even with a non k 7700 I am hitting 91 under stress with prime 95. Gaming loads sit at 70~.

sashadkiselev

Efficiency Noob
Dec 9, 2016
Hey I don't want to sound rude but what are the differences between this case and the Dan A4 sfx? Because I know a lot about the Dan so wanted to know how this case compares?

Megaden44

Average Stuffer
May 25, 2017
Hey I don't want to sound rude but what are the differences between this case and the Dan A4 sfx? Because I know a lot about the Dan so wanted to know how this case compares?
Not the case maker but in my opinion the difference lies in the smaller dimensions, much wider customization (check the order forum), overall different aesthetics, powder coating, cheaper, and more availability. The only thing it really shares with the Dan Case is the layout. A lot of these differences are subjective but I personally think they make it a better case.

sashadkiselev

Efficiency Noob
Dec 9, 2016
Basically that size. Dan A4 sfx 7.2L
Also, is it sturdy enough to be carefully transported in the backpack? Does it include all the components needed for a full build or will I need to buy something? Also are there some left for the Aug Preorder and where will you ship from?

sergiiua

The builder of unique cases ...
Original poster
CustomMOD
Jan 11, 2017
www.custom-mod.com
Also, is it sturdy enough to be carefully transported in the backpack? Does it include all the components needed for a full build or will I need to buy something? Also are there some left for the Aug Preorder and where will you ship from?
Includes everything you need. Housing, riser cable, power cable inside, screws. Sending from Ukraine.

Reactions: Acalanata

sashadkiselev

Efficiency Noob
Dec 9, 2016
Includes everything you need. Housing, riser cable, power cable inside, screws. Sending from Ukraine.
I am also looking at your mini itx 4.16l case because I have the 1080 mini from Zotac. Except the fact that you have to use the G Unique PSU what are the differences between the SFX mini and the ITX mini. Also if it is easier I can talk in Russian

crusi86

Chassis Packer
Apr 24, 2017
What are your impressions of the case so far?

Looks and works great, however there was few issues which i have faced. I had to bend bottom of mainboard I/O plate to move M/B little bit lower couse mounting points were not lined properly and I couldn't screw mainboard. Then I had to change power cable which goes to PSU couse connector was to tall and when connected to PSU I couldn't close top panel of case. Fortunately I have used cable from my rvz02 case. I had some small problems with screwing GPU aswell. I don't know what material have been used for this case but it bends very easy, it could be better. But all in all i like it, it is really small and look great on shelf near TV.

Reactions: Acalanata