Production case SX1 6.8L / SX2 7.5L by Custom_MOD

sergiiua

The builder of unique cases ...
Original poster
CustomMOD
Jan 11, 2017
www.custom-mod.com
Looks and works great, however there was few issues which i have faced. I had to bend bottom of mainboard I/O plate to move M/B little bit lower couse mounting points were not lined properly and I couldn't screw mainboard. Then I had to change power cable which goes to PSU couse connector was to tall and when connected to PSU I couldn't close top panel of case. Fortunately I have used cable from my rvz02 case. I had some small problems with screwing GPU aswell. I don't know what material have been used for this case but it bends very easy, it could be better. But all in all i like it, it is really small and look great on shelf near TV.
I also did not really like the material in that game. Now I personally order the material at the aluminum plant.

We try to correct inaccuracies.

The power cable is really not the best. If anyone knows where to order good, I will be grateful.

Reactions: Acalanata

sergiiua

Original poster
CustomMOD
Jan 11, 2017
www.custom-mod.com
I am also looking at your mini itx 4.16l case because I have the 1080 mini from Zotac. Except the fact that you have to use the G Unique PSU what are the differences between the SFX mini and the ITX mini. Also if it is easier I can talk in Russian
Да мы можем пообщаться по-русски в ЛС. Я отвечу на все вопросы

fun_times_420420

Cable Smoosher
May 12, 2017
Also, is it sturdy enough to be carefully transported in the backpack? Does it include all the components needed for a full build or will I need to buy something? Also are there some left for the Aug Preorder and where will you ship from?
I have the case and I would be worried about transporting in a backpack. This case bends if you grab it roughly, it is made of a very malleable metal.

nxrUK

Trash Compacter
Mar 29, 2017
Was thinking, I could use a G-Unique PSU with an external brick, and instead of having the SFX PSU there, use a short (<180mm) GPU and have a 92mm radiator with a push pull config in that spot. Easy 4.5GHz overclock on my 6700k with that, althought at the expense of an external PSU and a short GPU.

Reactions: Acalanata

fun_times_420420

Cable Smoosher
May 12, 2017
To anyone who has this case and is using the Corsair SFX series PSU, do you have trouble with your GPU touching/resting on the psu? The backplate of my zotac 1080 mini extends just onto the psu and it causes it to not lay flat and gives problems with closing the side of the case.

cfortney

Chassis Packer
Feb 4, 2017
www.chrisfortney.com
I'm a little confused on what case I should go for, maybe someone could help me out here? I'd like to fit an EVGA GTX 1080 SC + 240MM AIO + 2x 2.5" SSD + Corsair SF600, and I'd also like a case window if possible. Which one is right for me, and are there options on the window (glass?)/does anyone have photos of a similar setup to what I just described?

sergiiua

Original poster
CustomMOD
Jan 11, 2017
www.custom-mod.com
I'm a little confused on what case I should go for, maybe someone could help me out here? I'd like to fit an EVGA GTX 1080 SC + 240MM AIO + 2x 2.5" SSD + Corsair SF600, and I'd also like a case window if possible. Which one is right for me, and are there options on the window (glass?)/does anyone have photos of a similar setup to what I just described?
Suffix SFX aio 8.9L rev.3.0 but for better ventilation I advise SFX aio 9.5L rev.4.0.

I can offer transparent side covers made of acrylic (plexiglass 2mm)

fun_times_420420

Cable Smoosher
May 12, 2017
Here are some photos of my case.

Unfortunately I have to say I am disappointed in the overall quality of the case. Initially, the panels lined up pretty well and the case looked well maufactured but right away I noticed the base was tilted. This tilt causes the case not to sit flat and this gives the case an annoying wobble. Also, in order to fit the components there was a lot of pushing and pulling and the case is made of very malleable material, resulting in some warping. Even with a mini form factor GPU I was forced to make modifications to the case just to make it fit and in the end the side panel still had to be bent in order to close.

The dust filters were as advertised, I would recommend skipping it if you are considering buying this case. If you are so concerned about dust and want a filter, get a legitimate one from a company that specializes in filters as these ones are attached without framing using adhesive directly to the panels.

It was very hard to build in this case. One of the screws for mounting the PSU is almost impossible to get to with a screw driver (The one which is close to the motherboard and outer panel. I could not get a screw driver in position to utilize one of the motherboard standoffs either, although the motherboard was such a tight fit to get in in the first place that I am not worried about only having 3 standoffs screwed in. Not to mention the GPU side issues.

Do not buy this case if you are not interested in something that takes some work, it feels a bit unfinished compared to other cases I have seen in person which are the Silverstone SG13, the Zaber Sentry, and the Dan Case.

I did a GPU stress test burn in using FurMark and thermals never rose above 79 degrees Celsius which is the same as when I had my Fractl Define Nano S. So the thermals for this case are excellent.

Last edited:

nxrUK

Trash Compacter
Mar 29, 2017

Unfortunately I have to say I am disappointed in the overall quality of the case. Initially, the panels lined up pretty well and the case looked well maufactured but right away I noticed the base was tilted. This tilt causes the case not to sit flat and this gives the case an annoying wobble. Also, in order to fit the components there was a lot of pushing and pulling and the case is made of very malleable material, resulting in some warping. Even with a mini form factor GPU I was forced to make modifications to the case just to make it fit and in the end the side panel still had to be bent in order to close.

The dust filters were as advertised, I would recommend skipping it if you are considering buying this case. If you are so concerned about dust and want a filter, get a legitimate one from a company that specializes in filters as these ones are attached without framing using adhesive directly to the panels.

It was very hard to build in this case. One of the screws for mounting the PSU is almost impossible to get to with a screw driver (The one which is close to the motherboard and outer panel. I could not get a screw driver in position to utilize one of the motherboard standoffs either, although the motherboard was such a tight fit to get in in the first place that I am not worried about only having 3 standoffs screwed in. Not to mention the GPU side issues.

Do not buy this case if you are not interested in something that takes some work, it feels a bit unfinished compared to other cases I have seen in person which are the Silverstone SG13, the Zaber Sentry, and the Dan Case.

I did a GPU stress test burn in using FurMark and thermals never rose above 79 degrees Celsius.

That warping is absolutely ridiculous if I may say. No way that should be happening..

bowman9991

Trash Compacter
Jul 27, 2017
galacticbrain.com
Thanks for all the pictures. Sorry to hear about the warping. Hopefully they are using better metal now.
Unbelievably small .

I did a GPU stress test burn in using FurMark and thermals never rose above 79 degrees Celsius which is the same as when I had my Fractl Define Nano S. So the thermals for this case are excellent.

sergiiua

Original poster
CustomMOD
Jan 11, 2017
www.custom-mod.com

Thank you for your honest feedback.

We constantly work and improve this model of the case.

Metal now order separately and it is more durable than in that lot. I'm sorry that it happened with metal.

sergiiua

Original poster
CustomMOD
Jan 11, 2017
www.custom-mod.com
Important update!

The SFX 5.9L case is designed for installation of thin video cards with a thickness of not more than 38mm. As a rule, reference models will do. However, when installing a long video card, they are very close to the power supply. We recommend that you install a mini graphics card with a length up to 180mm. If you are planning to install a large video card, then it is better to order a case of SFX 6.2L

grantman102002

Trash Compacter
Jul 4, 2017

Thank you so much for following through by posting a TON of nice pictures, as well as your impressions! So far some reviews have been positive and others not so much. Hopefully the quality will continue to improve with each batch...

grantman102002

Trash Compacter
Jul 4, 2017
Thank you for your honest feedback.

We constantly work and improve this model of the case.

Metal now order separately and it is more durable than in that lot. I'm sorry that it happened with metal.
Which batches will use the more durable metal? I'm in batch #4...