Production case SX1 6.8L / SX2 7.5L by Custom_MOD

bowman9991

Trash Compacter
Jul 27, 2017
galacticbrain.com
Hi Sergii / everyone,
Now that the GPU measurements for the REV 1.1 case seem to have changed (from 40mm wide to 38mm wide!? - unless I just misread it the first time) will I still be able to fit the card below? It's a double slot card, but I can't find any listing anywhere that details the exact MM measurements for the double slot. Has anyone out there actually added fitted this card to a REV 1.1 case? I'm not worried about the blower style VS fan style debate, just actually making it fit...

EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti SC Black Edition

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814487336

Thanks,
John

nxrUK

Trash Compacter
Mar 29, 2017

This one is sturdy, doesn't flex when pressed. Only bad thing I do have to say is the power button wiggles and the side panel is misalligned, as seen in the photo. Other than that it's a solid case!

sergiiua

The builder of unique cases ...
Original poster
CustomMOD
Jan 11, 2017
www.custom-mod.com

This one is sturdy, doesn't flex when pressed. Only bad thing I do have to say is the power button wiggles and the side panel is misalligned, as seen in the photo. Other than that it's a solid case!
If the button is loose it can be pulled from the inside.

sergiiua

Original poster
CustomMOD
Jan 11, 2017
www.custom-mod.com
Hi Sergii / everyone,
Now that the GPU measurements for the REV 1.1 case seem to have changed (from 40mm wide to 38mm wide!? - unless I just misread it the first time) will I still be able to fit the card below? It's a double slot card, but I can't find any listing anywhere that details the exact MM measurements for the double slot. Has anyone out there actually added fitted this card to a REV 1.1 case? I'm not worried about the blower style VS fan style debate, just actually making it fit...

EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti SC Black Edition

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814487336

Thanks,
John
Like someone put this or similar. I'm not 100% sure

salmonelladub

Efficiency Noob
New User
Jun 25, 2017
Any plans to make a version with only mini GPU support? If the power supply is rotated 90 degrees so that the fan is facing to the front of the case, the dimensions would be around 250 x 130 x 180, which is about 5.8 L.

This would allow:
- CPU coolers up to 65mm like Big Shuriken 2 / AXP-100 / L9x65
- OR keep the 44/48mm CPU height and instead create more room between the CPU and GPU boards (so the backside of the CPU die & GPU die get better cooling)
- Possible front panel intake for PSU fan (again better airflow/cooling)
- Different (IMO even better) aesthetics because of the reduced length of the case.

Of course, this would drop full-sized GPU support in favor of the mini-ITX GPUs, but it might be a nice alternative for people with those cards.

I have no experience designing cases, so don't hesitate to shoot the idea down! Just thinking out loud.

If you want I can make you such a case:)

Nice to hear! I would like to order one like that. I have some additional requests too, do I put those in the order form or should I PM you to discuss them?

Ficker69

Efficiency Noob
Aug 13, 2017
Hello Sergiiua i would like to change something to on my order would it be possible i want to increase the width of the case on the mainboard side by 2-1cm for a better cpu cooler would it be possible to make for me thank you very much

Reactions: AleksandarK

sergiiua

Original poster
CustomMOD
Jan 11, 2017
www.custom-mod.com
Guys we ordered new buttons with LED backlighting. If you want to change the button for your order, write to me.

12mm black (backlight White)
12mm black (backlight Red)
12mm black (backlight Blue)
12mm black (backlight Green)
16mm black (backlight White)
16mm black (backlight Red)

neojonathan

Efficiency Noob
Aug 14, 2017
Hello!
I wanted to see if people that have purchased the case (purchased the rev 2.0) has custom cables for their power supply.
If so, would it be possible to know the length of the custom cables so I can use it for reference to order custom cables?

Thanks in advance !!! I am so excited !