Production case SX1 6.8L / SX2 7.5L by Custom_MOD

sergiiua

The builder of unique cases ...
Original poster
CustomMOD
Jan 11, 2017
www.custom-mod.com
Wow, great news. Do you know if the front/back/top/bottom plates are actually 3-4mm wider or was it just assembled differently? Any pictures?

EDIT: Some more questions:
1) I'm slightly confused by the optional USB3 cable in the order form: Isn't this already included (pictures seem to have 1x USB3 on the side). Also, when ordering the 2x USB3 cable, does that include proper cutouts in the metal?
2) A front audio I/O was mentioned earlier in the thread. Is this still an option?
3) How do the dust filters attach to the more open designs? (for example the open honeygrate, option 7 in the order form)
1) in the base of YUSB are not included.
2) I can do + $ 15
3) the filter has an adhesive base

kaluda

Efficiency Noob
May 22, 2017
Wow, great news. Do you know if the front/back/top/bottom plates are actually 3-4mm wider or was it just assembled differently? Any pictures?

EDIT: Some more questions:
1) I'm slightly confused by the optional USB3 cable in the order form: Isn't this already included (pictures seem to have 1x USB3 on the side). Also, when ordering the 2x USB3 cable, does that include proper cutouts in the metal?
2) A front audio I/O was mentioned earlier in the thread. Is this still an option?
3) How do the dust filters attach to the more open designs? (for example the open honeygrate, option 7 in the order form)

I'd think it's wider as a whole, but I'm not sure. I haven't actually received the case yet since I ordered in the 3rd batch.

stevey500

Trash Compacter
Feb 16, 2017

The test fit !

Next: powder coat job!

Thanks Sergii, looking good so far.

I have fitment issues with my 1080 mini, backplate had to come off to clear the power supply to prevent the card from wanting to stick out the side of the case and push into the side panel. After removal of the backplate, the pcie power seems to still be on a bind causing the card to stick out of the side of the case a little bit. I'll figure it out. :)

WillBlackstone

Trash Compacter
May 19, 2017

The test fit !

Next: powder coat job!

Thanks Sergii, looking good so far.

I have fitment issues with my 1080 mini, backplate had to come off to clear the power supply to prevent the card from wanting to stick out the side of the case and push into the side panel. After removal of the backplate, the pcie power seems to still be on a bind causing the card to stick out of the side of the case a little bit. I'll figure it out. :)
looks great! thanks for the post

Reactions: Ibraah3m

cadiguno

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 18, 2016
Mine was sent unpainted and arrived at customs last weekend, but local religious holidays delayed its delivery. Right now I'm not sure where the case is since I haven't been able to access UkrPoshta site the past few days. Will update build here when it arrives.

Just to point out: these are problems with the postal service, not Sergi's. He's been really responsive and helpful every step of the way.

sergiiua

Original poster
CustomMOD
Jan 11, 2017
www.custom-mod.com
I present to your attention two new audits! A little later I will write the details. The design has undergone changes. Added more ribs. Party 2 will receive a new version of SFX 5.9L rev.1.1. Many thanks for your support and patience!

Last edited:

cadiguno

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 18, 2016
Damn. I'm pretty sure nobody else designs, prototypes, and revises their designs as quick as you do Sergi. Keep it up and soon everybody in the SFF world will know about CustomMod, if they haven't already.

sergiiua

Original poster
CustomMOD
Jan 11, 2017
www.custom-mod.com
Damn. I'm pretty sure nobody else designs, prototypes, and revises their designs as quick as you do Sergi. Keep it up and soon everybody in the SFF world will know about CustomMod, if they haven't already.
My goal is to make the best possible option. This is the main activity, not a hobby.

Megaden44

Average Stuffer
May 25, 2017
So there is only 278mm for the gpu with the power button in the default postion and 300mm if it is on the back? Could you clarify this please? My gpu is 289mm wide so this would be good to know (I could cut the shroud off if worst comes to worst). Could you also tell me how much space height wise there would be if the gpu was to go underneath the power button? Heres my gpu: https://www.asus.com/us/Graphics-Cards/STRIXGTX980DC2OC4GD5/specifications/ (I was already going to remove the backplate so width isnt an issue)

sergiiua

Original poster
CustomMOD
Jan 11, 2017
www.custom-mod.com
So there is only 278mm for the gpu with the power button in the default postion and 300mm if it is on the back? Could you clarify this please? My gpu is 289mm wide so this would be good to know (I could cut the shroud off if worst comes to worst). Could you also tell me how much space height wise there would be if the gpu was to go underneath the power button? Heres my gpu: https://www.asus.com/us/Graphics-Cards/STRIXGTX980DC2OC4GD5/specifications/ (I was already going to remove the backplate so width isnt an issue)
120mm to the button.

grantman102002

Trash Compacter
Jul 4, 2017
So what is the max GPU size with the rear mounted power switch and no front USB?

Also, do you have any pictures of the dust filters yet?