News ASRock DeskMini GTX Z390

CC Ricers

Shrink Ray Wielder
Bronze Supporter
Nov 1, 2015
Much better I/O than its predecessor. I personally like how where the ethernet port is moved to, means a lower I/O profile for some possible slimmer cases.

Brian_Buckley

Trash Compacter
Sep 26, 2017
So it now supports up to 95W CPUs (previously 65W I believe) but are there any coolers that'd really take advantage of that extra headroom?

smitty2k1

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Dec 3, 2016
So it now supports up to 95W CPUs (previously 65W I believe) but are there any coolers that'd really take advantage of that extra headroom?
I guess that depends how thick you're willing to go. The L9ax65 is a solid cooler, but obviously thicker than many would want. Otherwise the standard L9a or the new Dan cooler are probably the best bets.

m-i-c-k-e-y

Average Stuffer
Feb 13, 2018
There were no announcement or saw it somewhere. Happened to see it on the Asrock site.

Specification: https://www.asrock.com/nettop/Intel/DeskMini GTX (Z390)/index.us.asp#Specification
Cpu Support List: https://www.asrock.com/nettop/Intel/DeskMini GTX (Z390)/index.us.asp#CPU

DeskMini GTX (Z390)
  • Supports Intel® 9th / 8th Core™ / Pentium® / Celeron® CPU, up to 95W
  • Discrete MXM slot with Type A/B/B+, up to GeForce GTX1080
  • Dual DDR4 SO-DIMMs, up to 32GB, supports DDR4 4000+ (OC)
  • POLYCHROME Addressable RGB
  • 4K@60Hz video outputs: HDMI, DisplayPort, mini DisplayPort
  • 3 x Ultra M.2 PCIe Gen3 x4 Slots
  • Supports Intel® Optane™ Technology
  • USB 3.1 Gen2 type-C port
  • Brand new Micro STX platform
  • 2.7 Liter tiny size

Last edited:

Naxgo

What's an ITX?
Nov 27, 2019
So... we can use the internal power header to sync with a dynamo 360? or am i getting this wrong? is it 5V?

Thanks

SFF EOL

Cable-Tie Ninja
Dec 9, 2018
Am I right in saying that this just gives me a graphics capability, I have to find a MMX graphics card to use it, and there is some extra M.2? How much storage do I get exactly? I ask as even though it is nice it is also very expensive for what is really just a graphics card slot? I would be paying imports though as it comes via the painfully expensive USA route.

Unless I am missing the point. It seems the AMD version still wins because it is much cheaper and I can get some graphics that way?

Windfall

Shrink Ray Wielder
SFFn Staff
Nov 14, 2017
Am I right in saying that this just gives me a graphics capability, I have to find a MMX graphics card to use it, and there is some extra M.2? How much storage do I get exactly? I ask as even though it is nice it is also very expensive for what is really just a graphics card slot? I would be paying imports though as it comes via the painfully expensive USA route.

Unless I am missing the point. It seems the AMD version still wins because it is much cheaper and I can get some graphics that way?

This thing has 3 M.2 slots, + a wifi/bluetooth slot. I really wouldn't worry about storage!

SFF EOL

Cable-Tie Ninja
Dec 9, 2018
This thing has 3 M.2 slots, + a wifi/bluetooth slot. I really wouldn't worry about storage!
There was never a big problem with storage as you got 2 M.2 and 2 SATA with the AMD A300, my point is it seems to cost three times the price but I am not clear why? You are getting what looks like a larger board with an MMX capability. But then an ITX board is a larger board with PCIe capability- not completely as simple as that but people will surely consider an ITX because it will be easier all around. Especially as MMX cards seem to be rare and expensive, I am quite interested to see if AMD launches any ‘MMX’ mobile chips for us (rather than OEM partners). That could solve a few problems as I now find the G chips quite limiting. Being able to stick a 6 core and something solid 1080p is very appealing to me.

It’s showing something like £500 then I have to source an MMX graphics card. As I say I may be being thick and missing something here. Apparently it isnt MMX, my bad.

SFF EOL

Cable-Tie Ninja
Dec 9, 2018
The DeskMini GTX comes with an MXM graphics card installed.
REally! I mean get this below, I have just written it and C&P;

Right I sobered up and ignored the New Egg link and found a link for the barebones for £160.

Order Placed: 29th November 2019

Order Number: TVJB9

Delivery: Standard

Sold By: MoreFrom

1x Asrock DeskMini GTX Barebone PC, Micro STX, 1151 (B250), GTX1060 6GB GFX, DDR4 SO-DIMM, HDMI, DP, No CPU, RAM, HDD or O/S

Condition: New

Unit Price: 161.41

Line Total: £161.41

Estimated Delivery: 5th Dec 2019 - 7th Dec 2019

Don’t get why they are mentioning the GTX 1060? Is that the max it will take? I cant see it coming with a 1060 for £160 that is for sure. But anyway hopefully this will pan out OK.

So I am getting a 1060, and like I can have say a R1600 in there? It was the last one so I was in a rush to buy it so I haven't checked out the details.

Last edited: