News Asrock Deskmini X300

Shame that they probably again don't offer the boards without a case...

user42

Efficiency Noob
Jan 24, 2021
Here is my build:

AMD Ryzen 4650G+Cryorig C7 Cu+Noctua NF-A9x14
Crucial Ballistix 2x16 SO-DIMM
WD Blue SN550
WD Blue 3D NAND 1 Tb m.2
Intel 9260 wi-fi

Memory clocked to 3533CL16, after flashing to UEFI 1.46 (thanks fiftofar) also reduced latency by 10 ns.

Reactions: REVOCCASES

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
Here is my build:

WD Blue SN550
WD Blue 3D NAND 1 Tb m.2
Intel 9260 wi-fi

Memory clocked to 3533CL16, after flashing to UEFI 1.46 (thanks fiftofar) also reduced latency by 10 ns.
Looks good. Did yours come with the Intel 9260 or did you add it? I just got a x300 and mine came with Intel 3168.

MrJvr

Caliper Novice
Jan 18, 2021
Looks good. Did yours come with the Intel 9260 or did you add it? I just got a x300 and mine came with Intel 3168.
The ones that come with it are the 'X300W' model where as without is just the 'X300' it seems.
I got two X300's and added the 'W' to one, then realising I've ethernet cables so not much point adding wifi to the second...

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
The ones that come with it are the 'X300W' model where as without is just the 'X300' it seems.
I got two X300's and added the 'W' to one, then realising I've ethernet cables so not much point adding wifi to the second...
I was reading somewhere that 2 different wifi adapters shipped with the x300w, apparently I got the 2nd best one. Otherwise love the x300.

MrJvr

Caliper Novice
Jan 18, 2021
I was reading somewhere that 2 different wifi adapters shipped with the x300w, apparently I got the 2nd best one. Otherwise love the x300.
I have noticed that there can be a loud, high pitch squeal when they are set to hibernate/shut down... It's very annoying however I have a strip socket with switches on my desk and am used to turning them off at the switch when I shut them down...
After some googling I found there are adaptors (toshiba) for about £29 that sort this problem out however it's not anoyed me enough to start spending money on it.... yet lol.

Reactions: rfarmer

AxelJShark

Case Bender
New User
Feb 2, 2021
I have noticed that there can be a loud, high pitch squeal when they are set to hibernate/shut down... It's very annoying however I have a strip socket with switches on my desk and am used to turning them off at the switch when I shut them down...
After some googling I found there are adaptors (toshiba) for about £29 that sort this problem out however it's not anoyed me enough to start spending money on it.... yet lol.

I'm not getting this from mine (ac9260 card), however I do experience awful coil whine if display cables are in unplugged or if monitor is off and display cables are present (so seems to be something caused by lack of display signal). I always use hibernate and so far have only found weird noises with the display issue above

AxelJShark

Case Bender
New User
Feb 2, 2021
Here is my build:

WD Blue SN550
WD Blue 3D NAND 1 Tb m.2
Intel 9260 wi-fi

I have pretty much the exact same setup. I'm new to fully unlocked BIOSes and ram overclocking, but I've seen in many places that even modest bumps in infinity clock and ram can yield up to 10% improvement in the gpu. Have you done any comparative benchmarking?

Could you share your BIOS settings? I've got v1.46 and am really only looking at doing a bump in infinity clock and ram timing. I want to try undervolting the CPU as well but it's already running so quiet and cool that it's only a secondary goal. But squeezing some extra graphic performance would be great!

user42

Efficiency Noob
Jan 24, 2021
Have you done any comparative benchmarking?
No, i don't. But i saw other tests that ram oc improves igpu performance. Overall it's better to overclock ram than don't - it's free performance gain.
Could you share your BIOS settings? I've got v1.46 and am really only looking at doing a bump in infinity clock and ram timing.
Voltages auto, VSOC 1.15 V, VRAM 1.35V, TSME OFF, timings from DRAM Calculator.

MrGuGuZai

Case Bender
New User
Aug 22, 2020
this is coil whine noise from VRM when the system is in sleep or off mode, same thing happened in previous version of A300, i quite surprised asrock didn't fix this issue on x300, looks like they just rebrand the A300 motherboard to x300. actually there's a german forum talked about this coil whine issue back in the day.. 2019, what they found out is the USB power supply VRM on the board making the noise when the in sleep or off mode, you can try go disable fast boot in windows setting and enable deep sleep in bios, these will disable the board to provide power to usb when the system is in off mode, then the coil whine will stop.

Reactions: KingDiamond

W4RR10R

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jan 29, 2019
this is coil whine noise from VRM when the system is in sleep or off mode, same thing happened in previous version of A300, i quite surprised asrock didn't fix this issue on x300, looks like they just rebrand the A300 motherboard to x300. actually there's a german forum talked about this coil whine issue back in the day.. 2019, what they found out is the USB power supply VRM on the board making the noise when the in sleep or off mode, you can try go disable fast boot in windows setting and enable deep sleep in bios, these will disable the board to provide power to usb when the system is in off mode, then the coil whine will stop.
An alternate solution, from someone here on an A300 thread, was to just plug in a large usb drive (32+gb) or any USB powered device.

Not so pretty but effective from what others have said.

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
Hello guys I have a question. Is actually about the Asrock Deskmini X470 but I guess it applies to all deskmini's. Do I actually need to buy the rear audio cable to use speakers?? I use the HP S3100 (https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0...S4602976_500x@2x.progressive.jpg?v=1573782872) and on the deskmini I dont see the possibility to connect the audio jack.

With the speakers you have you need to use the front 3.5mm audio jack or buy the rear 3.5mm audio cable. There are also some third-party adapters that can split the HDMI output into audio and video.

RedArt

Caliper Novice
Aug 27, 2017
With the speakers you have you need to use the front 3.5mm audio jack or buy the rear 3.5mm audio cable. There are also some third-party adapters that can split the HDMI output into audio and video.
Thanks for the reply. I tried connecting to the front jack but windows dosnt recognized the speakers... On the case theres the headset icon on that jack, does that change any?

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
Thanks for the reply. I tried connecting to the front jack but windows dosnt recognized the speakers... On the case theres the headset icon on that jack, does that change any?
The lower one (with the headphone symbol) should work. At least it does with my X300. If it doesn't you could try to re-install the audio drivers. Or maybe you have to manually change the audio output from HDMI to the headphone jack in Windows.

RedArt

Caliper Novice
Aug 27, 2017
The lower one (with the headphone symbol) should work. At least it does with my X300. If it doesn't you could try to re-install the audio drivers. Or maybe you have to manually change the audio output from HDMI to the headphone jack in Windows.
I see, thanks for the suggestions Ill try these options!

Ascorth

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Jun 23, 2021
Hello guys, as A300 owner with 4650G, ask simple question, since X300 support 5000G series and we can flash X300 bios on A300, i wonder if we can use 5000G on A300 ?

jaeparku

Cable-Tie Ninja
Oct 19, 2018
hey guys, if I want to add a GPU into this to mine a little bit, what would I need to attach on mobo? I already have a riser cable.

akisu

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 15, 2019
Hello guys, as A300 owner with 4650G, ask simple question, since X300 support 5000G series and we can flash X300 bios on A300, i wonder if we can use 5000G on A300 ?
As far as I know only the A300 Beta Bios works with Ryzen 4000G. When you flash a X300 Bios you can only use Zen/Zen+ CPUs. I wish somebody will tell the oposite and proof me wrong. A 5000G in the A300 would be a really nice upgrade :)