Another HDPlex Thread

Jeffinslaw

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Mar 3, 2015
Hey guys,

I've got some ideas rolling around in my head for an SFF case around the size of the Xbox One. I've come across the HDPlex 300 and ordered one along with one of their 300W internal bricks. After doing some more research, I cam across this AC-DC converter PFM4414VB6M24D0C00. I browsed through the spec sheet and wasn't able to determine exactly how it could be used in conjunction with the HDPlex. I'm curious about it so may end up purchasing one to play around with.

Now you're probably wondering why I'm messing with this stuff? Well the goal is to find the smallest possible power supply solution for this potential SFF case. The idea of using an external power brick just doesn't sound appealing so I'm looking at a fully internal solution that uses the least amount of space possible.

Interested in hearing your guys thoughts and ideas, this forum has grown significantly since I've been gone!

-Jeffinslaw

Kmpkt

Innovation through Miniaturization
KMPKT
Feb 1, 2016
It also will be running unbelievably hot unless you have a large case it can safely heatsink to. In their demos they attach it to a big steel plate and have a "Caution do not touch. Very hot" on it.

Jeffinslaw

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Mar 3, 2015
The Vicro isn't really all that small once you add in all the other components it needs to be fully functional: https://smallformfactor.net/forum/t...-case-with-internal-psu.63/page-11#post-17508

If it outputs 24V, then you would need to step that voltage down to 19V. Easiest way would be a voltage divider but would require extra circuity... looks like it will be a pass then. You guys have covered just about everything out there when it comes to SFF!

It also will be running unbelievably hot unless you have a large case it can safely heatsink to. In their demos they attach it to a big steel plate and have a "Caution do not touch. Very hot" on it.

Ahh didn't think about that either. Looks like I'll be going with the HDPlex and their internal power brick. Should work well though after watching some of NFC Josh's videos.

-Jeffinslaw

Kmpkt

Innovation through Miniaturization
KMPKT
Feb 1, 2016
The HDPlex units will accept anything from 16-24V so you don't need anything intermediate to step down 24V to 19V as the unit does that for you.