EGPU HDPLEX 500 ("OGRE-500")

SFFMunkee

King of Cable Management
Jul 7, 2021
Dude this is fantastic work! I've got a 500W GaN sitting around, but I need to get my printer back out again before I could do any sort of test print

bamoes

Cable Smoosher
Original poster
Jan 3, 2024
Dude this is fantastic work! I've got a 500W GaN sitting around, but I need to get my printer back out again before I could do any sort of test print
I´m planning to have this thing printed in Germany and shipped, i don´t know if that would work all the way to down under.

I don´t know if i´m allowed to sell via the forum, need to check that.

Reactions: SFFMunkee

Kajukota

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Apr 18, 2020
This is just a suggestion for possible improvement on the Ogre design, but do you think you could create an optional enclosure for the gpu that mounts to the dock? It may assist with added rigidity to the setup, allow for the unit to be stored in a backpack/suitcase for travel, and you could potentially add space above the gpu for mounting 2-3 40/60/80mm fans that can be powered using the 12v rail w resistor cables for noise reduction.

bamoes

Cable Smoosher
Original poster
Jan 3, 2024
This is just a suggestion for possible improvement on the Ogre design, but do you think you could create an optional enclosure for the gpu that mounts to the dock? It may assist with added rigidity to the setup, allow for the unit to be stored in a backpack/suitcase for travel, and you could potentially add space above the gpu for mounting 2-3 40/60/80mm fans that can be powered using the 12v rail w resistor cables for noise reduction.
Can you make a sketch of it, and post it here? I’ll have a look what I can do.

On the other hand, the best cooling for the gpu is, when it’s not enclosed. The idea is to detach the gpu and transport it in a keyboard case, and the ogre can go into you backpack. Otherwise I need to make sure that every gpu is fitting, which is impossible. Now you can even put the biggest 4090 on top, it will stick out, but it’s secure. And you can run it.