Motherboard AM4 Thin ITX motherboards, They do exist!

BryceK

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Dec 25, 2017
Complete overview :)

Reactions: confusis

abrackers

Cable Smoosher
May 27, 2018
In terms of cooling, if you have space to the side of the mobo you could use the intel thermal solution for thin mini itx, https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/173226323698 . Might be useful for the person trying to make the tablet, as If i can find a version of this https://www.aliexpress.com/item/100...548.html?spm=a2g0s.8937460.0.0.5bc42e0eSFbLzX thats in a straight line like the intel one is, I can get my tablet mockup down to ~30mm thickness, as the thickest point of the jubo motherboard appears to be under 20mm. It did require a 14" screen to fit batteries as well though

Vlad502

Airflow Optimizer
Nov 4, 2017
I guess those blower style CPU coolers are intended to position covering RAM slots. Other orientations are in particular cases

About the tablet idea, IMO tablet thickness minimum will be 42mm (without mods like direct soldering wires to 4 pin connectors).
What i mean is, that the OpenUPS board is 15mm height (board to top 4pin connector) and 4pin connector is 10mm with lets say 3mm cable height. So here we got 28mm height. For case material aluminium 1.5mm and using 5mm standoffs (rivet nuts). Display and Touchscreen maybe both are with 3mm thickness. For CPU cooler: Motherboard 2mm PCB thickness, CPU socket 7mm height (MB to top IHS), so CPU cooler clearanse is 19mm (42mm-23mm)

Last edited:

abrackers

Cable Smoosher
May 27, 2018
My plan is to use this module for power management https://m.aliexpress.com/item/32733...up-power&spm=a2g0s.8937460.0.0.643c2e0e07Kyhp
It is much cheaper and has output terminals pointing sideways. It is 23mm thick. Howver, it doesn't appear to have any ability to use acpi to provide a battery readout.
I was also planning on using the 2mm thick aou b140han05.1 http://www.panelook.com/B140HAN05.1_AUO_14.0_LCM_parameter_36507.html if I can find a supplier that will provide that panel and not a 3mm thick “compatible” display.
Finally, i was planning on not having a midplane, and instead mounting the mobo to the inside of the back panel. And yes I was planning on removing the 4 pin connector on the jubo motherboard and soldering to it instead. So it should be 1.5mm back panel + 23mm ups module + 2mm display + 3mm touch, although I've probably forgotten something.
Also, for me this is currently purely academic as I am waiting for the 7nm chips and hopefully an x300 motherboard before I actually build it.

Reactions: Vlad502

Choidebu

"Banned"
Aug 16, 2017
@tablet pc / diy laptop folks, why don't we move the discussion elsewhere? This sounds like my thing so if you guys put out a new thread I'll be the first to follow.

BryceK

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Dec 25, 2017
Oke. So the 2400GE might never come... The seller removed all versions of the GE line-up (pro and normal, also the 2200 versions) from their webshop.

I'm still waiting on the M.2 Sata SSD from amazon. Adata product are always a pain in the ass for stock in the EU. I did order another one elsewhere so that should come in next week.

At that point I can start testing with the 200GE. I will also purchase the other Thin ITX AMD board that was posted from Taobao.

chinevo

SFF Recordsman
May 11, 2017
Oke. So the 2400GE might never come... The seller removed all versions of the GE line-up (pro and normal, also the 2200 versions) from their webshop.

I'm still waiting on the M.2 Sata SSD from amazon. Adata product are always a pain in the ass for stock in the EU. I did order another one elsewhere so that should come in next week.

At that point I can start testing with the 200GE. I will also purchase the other Thin ITX AMD board that was posted from Taobao.

Buy 2400G and undervolt it, you will get the same result with no issues ;)

Reactions: cleveland

BryceK

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Dec 25, 2017
So It has been sometime. The 2400GE was indeed canceled since its only a OEM product.

How ever, the last part arrived from amazon and it was a nice buy :) Bought the 512GB ADATA P900 M.2 for €72 while it should have been €172. Amazon did admit the mistake but send it to me anyway for the payed price, only took a bit longer :)

Anyway...

I did a open bench build with the 200GE. All the copper piped coolers didn't fit due to the copper pipes itself, but the full aluminium one did.
With Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut paste, a low noise custom fan curve and an ambient temp of 20 degrees Celsius. The CPU temps were stable around the 50 degrees Celsius under load.

I did the custom fan curve, because the boards bios automatically put it a "Use when needed" mode, which means the fan only spins when above 50 degrees Celsius, but it will go max RPM and it sounds like a vacuum cleaner next to your ear =D

Now the 200GE is not a graphical beast of any kind, in the Superposition benchmark from Unigine on low settings 1080p it had an average of 12 FPS, on medium this was 6 FPS. This is with 2GB allocated to the APU and unfortunately this can't be changed in the bios.
Also, not the fastest ram is being used since its on 8GB 2400 Mhz, while the Ryzen sweetspot is at 3200 Mhz.

For the next tests, I will delid the 200GE and test with liquid metal and the custom IHS and see if this would bring more performance.

BenX

Chassis Packer
May 22, 2018
Anybody try these boards with a normal Ryzen ( lets say 1600, 1700 or 2600 ) series CPU? Do they have ECC support?

LUNA Design

Average Stuffer
LUNA Design
Jun 22, 2017
luna-design.org
I tested Onda B320-IPC v.1 mainboard and found only one, but big issue. It's about components arrangement around LGA socket. This 2 capacitors makes impossible Intel standard cooler installation:

This capacitors prevent tight fitting heatsink installation:

I try some other heatsinks with pipes (ID-Cooling IS-30 and IS-40) with the same results:

The mainboard is really great, but needs more careful selection of the cooler. I'm looking forward when they will release v.2, following «LGA1150 Socket Mechanical Drawings».

Last edited:

SF_rocks

What's an ITX?
Apr 18, 2019
Hi All,

For the last few months I have been thinking of making a really small build, but to have some graphical performance I needed to use a 2400G or 2400GE (which will be available at some retail stores in the Netherlands at the 4th of March).

Now looking at the common brands non had a Thin ITX motherboard for AMD cpus, and was called a some sort of myth if they would ever come. B

What I gathered on information for the Onda board, it actually uses a 115x mounting socket for the CPU cooler, which allows for some neat small coolers, such as:

If you find any other AM4 Thin ITX boards, post them below for more awareness!

Wow, your on fire. I'm going to make something REALLY special for you guys. I don't want to give any ideas because you guys won't be able to guess what it is. Expect me to build in June/August, but it's going to be very lit. World changing stuff really.

thekanester

Case Bender
Apr 6, 2019
Say, I purchased the Onda board and note that Windows isn't able to pick up the rear headphone socket. It picks up the mic just fine and it also outputs audio via HDMI totally fine. Does anyone who owns this board had a similar experience to this?

Last edited:

LUNA Design

Average Stuffer
LUNA Design
Jun 22, 2017
luna-design.org
Say, I purchased the Onda board and note that Windows isn't able to pick up the rear headphone socket. It picks up the mic just fine and it also outputs audio via HDMI totally fine. Does anyone who owns this board had a similar experience to this?
I have the same issue. I tried install Realtek drivers, but unsuccessfully.

thekanester

Case Bender
Apr 6, 2019
I have the same issue. I tried install Realtek drivers, but unsuccessfully.

Thanks for the reply!

That's exactly what I tried as well! If there's any unknown audio or wireless device, realtek often seems to work. I'll take the board out of the Zapustar case and look for the chip.

I also get 4x idential audio outputs for the HDMI port when I bring up the audio settings. It's all a little odd. I'll post back if I find a solution.

BryceK

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Dec 25, 2017
Hi Guys.

So I got some news! The Jubo board is on its way and I expect it to be in next week. The taobao link posted earlier by one of the other community members is not valid anymore.

The new one would be:
https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=583724495243

And they ship to superbuy (buyer agent).

Besides that!

Ryzen 5 2400GE, they are now made available on ebay for a reasonable price. Bought some of those aswell.

https://www.ebay.nl/itm/AMD-Ryzen-5...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

Last edited: