Motherboard AM4 Thin ITX motherboards, They do exist!

kotproger

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jul 9, 2016
vk.com
Judging by the posts, everyone has long forgotten what the topic is about) I really hope that Am4 will become more common on this board format!

CC Ricers

Shrink Ray Wielder
Bronze Supporter
Nov 1, 2015
This board is especially a great value being well under $100 while current AM4 ITX boards all costing more than that. Only thing that would hold me back is that the onboard audio is probably a downgrade from what I have, then I gotta use the Xonar U3 which is a big dongle of a USB card...

BryceK

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Dec 25, 2017

I must say, SuperBuy makes nice pictures. But I like that the board is shipped in a Gigabyte box haha :)

Last edited:

owliwar

Master of Cramming
Lazer3D
Apr 7, 2017
that cooler mounting point looks square?? looks kinda like intels one

this looks really interesting, I like this

BryceK

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Dec 25, 2017
that cooler mounting point looks square?? looks kinda like intels one

this looks really interesting, I like this

Like windfall said its 115x, the coolers i bought are that aswell :)

The coolers are like 21-22mm in height.
With lets say a 3 to 5mm standoff from the case (which im developing myself) it would be less then 3 cm in thinkness, so which so proper gap for air the build (incl case) could end up with a size of 18 x 18 x 4 cm, which is 1.3L

Last edited:
Reactions: owliwar

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
Like windfall said its 115x, the coolers i bought are that aswell :)

The coolers are like 21-22mm in height.
With lets say a 3 to 5mm standoff from the case (which im developing myself) it would be less then 3 cm in thinkness, so which so proper gap for air the build (incl case) could end up with a size of 18 x 18 x 4 cm, which is 1.3L
Challenge: get the volume as close as possible to the volume of the power brick needed to run it.

On a more serious note, this looks awesome. Looking forward to hearing how well (or not) those coolers perform. Looks like both of yours have heatpipes (unlike the first one posted in this thread) which ought to make them somewhat decent, at least.

Reactions: NinoPecorino

BryceK

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Dec 25, 2017
Challenge: get the volume as close as possible to the volume of the power brick needed to run it.

On a more serious note, this looks awesome. Looking forward to hearing how well (or not) those coolers perform. Looks like both of yours have heatpipes (unlike the first one posted in this thread) which ought to make them somewhat decent, at least.

It can if it would have been a STX format, with horizonal ram slots.

Reactions: Valantar

step83

Average Stuffer
Dec 23, 2018
What do you reckon the odds on running one of these passive with say a 200GE, its a 35W cpu after all. OK it blows the skinny AF idea out the window as you could slap an IS-30 from ID Cooling on which is 30mm. but for science!
ITX board case size enclosure (70mm high?), an M2/SSD, RAM and see if a low power brick solution could be shoe horned in. The plug could be interesting though.

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
What do you reckon the odds on running one of these passive with say a 200GE, its a 35W cpu after all. OK it blows the skinny AF idea out the window as you could slap an IS-30 from ID Cooling on which is 30mm. but for science!
ITX board case size enclosure (70mm high?), an M2/SSD, RAM and see if a low power brick solution could be shoe horned in. The plug could be interesting though.
If you're running passive, why not use a regular ITX board? I don't quite see the benefit of going thin-ITX if you're going to need a big enough case to fit a suitable passive cooler anyhow. Of course thin-ITX saves you the hassle of getting a DC-ATX PSU, but on the other hand regular boards are more full-featured and (usually) cheaper. Then again, a 35W CPU should be possible to cool passively with a case-panel heatsink (like HDPlex's passive cases) even at relatively small size, so if there are any thin-ITX cases with a design like this out there, that'd be mighty interesting.

Windfall

Shrink Ray Wielder
SFFn Staff
Nov 14, 2017
If you're running passive, why not use a regular ITX board? I don't quite see the benefit of going thin-ITX if you're going to need a big enough case to fit a suitable passive cooler anyhow. Of course thin-ITX saves you the hassle of getting a DC-ATX PSU, but on the other hand regular boards are more full-featured and (usually) cheaper. Then again, a 35W CPU should be possible to cool passively with a case-panel heatsink (like HDPlex's passive cases) even at relatively small size, so if there are any thin-ITX cases with a design like this out there, that'd be mighty interesting.

This?

https://luna-design.org/dnk-h

step83

Average Stuffer
Dec 23, 2018

True, bit sucked into the moment I think there. a thin blower style cooler could work. I would think though the power brick is going to be the main sticking point if your trying to keep the size down, but then a low power CPU will help with that anyway. I may have a dabble with some super slim PC at some point.

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
True, bit sucked into the moment I think there. a thin blower style cooler could work. I would think though the power brick is going to be the main sticking point if your trying to keep the size down, but then a low power CPU will help with that anyway. I may have a dabble with some super slim PC at some point.
As I said above, it'll be really interesting to see what @BryceK 's results are with those coolers. Definitely interesting. It's pretty crazy that it's possible today to build a fast 4c8t system with a decent iGPU (capable of mid-to-low 1080p or high-ish 720p gaming) into a case no bigger than the Asus nettop I once bought for my parents which had a 2nd or 3rd-gen Atom - and entirely upgradeable and serviceable to boot (that thing was ... neither).

There are ever fewer reasons for people to own full-size desktops.