Production ZS Cases - ZS ST V1 - Update 4/18

morj

Airflow Optimizer
Bronze Supporter
Feb 11, 2020
new variant feels like its a vertical T1 equivalent.

Not quite: if they manage to pull of their riser thing, motherboard rotated orientation is actually a big deal. Not only for making a vertical case without too many ports on the top/bottom, but also for clearing the RAM while routing AIO/watercooling tubes.

ZS-Cases

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Oct 21, 2020
zscases.com
I agree with the above. I think expanding the rad space to fit 27/28 + 25mm fans, and rad height to 53 would not compromise on the size too much, while greatly expanding the cooling potential. That would make it fit a EK240 (28mm rad + 53mm block), which is one of the highest performing AIOs out there.

Or even keeping the 280 compatibility (plus extra fan). Getting the volume to be < 10L is an achievement but introduces many trade-offs. The original design was a nice, more compact improvement to existing vertical cases but the new variant feels like its a vertical T1 equivalent.
Hey Bramble, Thanks for your comment. We will look into 25mm fan + 30mm rad option.

Fueled By Yams

Trash Compacter
Jan 21, 2020
Hey Bramble, Thanks for your comment. We will look into 25mm fan + 30mm rad option.
For what it's worth, I feel like the current dimensions (sub 10L) offer something very unique in terms of vertical cases. I can't think of an actively produced vertical case that allows for watercooling and is sub 10L. I really love the design and would be thrilled to buy it as is. I think it'd be a shame to see it overtake the 10L weightclass, but if that's what people want 🤷‍♂️

Ultimately, 1cm really isn't that big of a deal though. I just prefer minimizing the length of vertical cases from an aesthetic standpoint, and I think slim fans are a fair compromise to do so.

Last edited:
Reactions: madn3ss795

jamescarter117

Chassis Packer
Mar 2, 2020
For what it's worth, I feel like the current dimensions (sub 10L) offer something very unique in terms of vertical cases. I can't think of an actively produced vertical case that allows for watercooling and is sub 10L. I really love the design and would be thrilled to buy it as is. I think it'd be a shame to see it overtake the 10L weightclass, but if that's what people want 🤷‍♂️

Ultimately, 1cm really isn't that big of a deal though. I just prefer minimizing the length of vertical cases from an aesthetic standpoint, and I think slim fans are a fair compromise to do so.
With the uprising of powerful components, it is critical to have sufficient cooling performance. Slim fan is a compromise, but might be a deal breaker when you need to tame some top of the line CPU. IMHO, I will gladly trade 1cm height for a much better cooling option to save all the later headache.

5lsff

Efficiency Noob
Mar 7, 2021
how about lowering height and make 25t cooler possible on aio? 15t and 25t is quite different

Diamorif

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 9, 2020
With the uprising of powerful components, it is critical to have sufficient cooling performance. Slim fan is a compromise, but might be a deal breaker when you need to tame some top of the line CPU. IMHO, I will gladly trade 1cm height for a much better cooling option to save all the later headache.
Is that really a thing though? With the flooding of 10+ liter vertical cases, it would seem to me that the components listed should be more than adequate and is certainly more appealing, at least to me, as a smaller case with full GPU and 240mm aio support.

even if you don’t want to spring for the noctua fans (the nf a12x15 has been proven to operate equivalent to or better than most 25mm fans) the cheaper scythe and artic slim fans still do a more than adequate job rivaling their 25mm variants.

even the highest end CPU’s are fine with a 27mm high 240 with slim fans, it’s hard to throttle with that cooling option. Not trying to talk down what you’re saying, just lodging the counter point for a smaller case that doesn’t need to be enlarged for no reason when other cases with larger rad compatibility exist already

jamescarter117

Chassis Packer
Mar 2, 2020
Is that really a thing though? With the flooding of 10+ liter vertical cases, it would seem to me that the components listed should be more than adequate and is certainly more appealing, at least to me, as a smaller case with full GPU and 240mm aio support.

even if you don’t want to spring for the noctua fans (the nf a12x15 has been proven to operate equivalent to or better than most 25mm fans) the cheaper scythe and artic slim fans still do a more than adequate job rivaling their 25mm variants.

even the highest end CPU’s are fine with a 27mm high 240 with slim fans, it’s hard to throttle with that cooling option. Not trying to talk down what you’re saying, just lodging the counter point for a smaller case that doesn’t need to be enlarged for no reason when other cases with larger rad compatibility exist already
You are totally right, the compromise goes both ways. But IMO, we all need to find the balance point.
PS: thank god for the P12 Slim, Noctua is too expensive for me.

ZS-Cases

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Oct 21, 2020
zscases.com

Thanks for the message. I will keep updating this space once we release the A4 V3.1

Reactions: Fueled By Yams

madn3ss795

Efficiency Noob
Feb 9, 2021
@ZS-Cases some questions as the design is finished:
- What's the dimensions and rad/fan support
- What's the ideal riser length?
- Which version of GPU I/O port (HDMI and Displayport) will be provided? Is HDMI 2.1 an option?