Z370 Kimera Cerberus Build

Chann3l

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Dec 15, 2017

Sleeved the eps cable. Have to put it together and then onto the PCI-E cables.

Reactions: jØrd

Chann3l

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Dec 15, 2017
Almost done..:)

Haha ya that last one is going to suck but since I'm planning on keeping this case for many years the psu will last a few builds anyway so it's worth making a nice set of cables. I may order some sata connectors later and make a sata power cable too at some point.

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
Sure does look good, plus you will make them custom length so your cable management will look much better.

Reactions: Chann3l

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
Haha ya that last one is going to suck but since I'm planning on keeping this case for many years the psu will last a few builds anyway so it's worth making a nice set of cables. I may order some sata connectors later and make a sata power cable too at some point.
Same here, my cerberus-x should last many years..:)

Chann3l

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Dec 15, 2017
Finished making the 24 pin. Looks pretty good I think. Hard to keep straight even with the cable Combs because while there is no real cross over the wires connect to the opposite side of the connector

I will get some nice final build pics this week to finish everything off.

Chann3l

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Dec 15, 2017
Looks good, much better than the stock cables.

Thanks a lot! Pretty cheap project too. Crimp tool was 40us and enough wire, connectors, terminals and paracord to do all 4 cables was 45us. I still have a ton of terminals leftover too.

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
Yeah I really need to break down and learn how to do that. I am getting ready to do a build in a MI-6 which has an inverted motherboard that sits directly above the PSU so really short 24pin and 8pin EPS would be really nice.

Chann3l

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Dec 15, 2017
Beautiful...same comment as your previous 8 pins cpu, it’s bigger than stock cable..:)

Haha ya, they really don't save too much space other than the fact that they are shorter than the stock cables. The biggest difference is the PCI e cables because the stock ones were 400 and 500mm plus the extra length for second connector. The ones I made are only 300mm