Why there is not much hype on active cooled ac-dc brick ? doesn't they make cases more smaller ?

graphichasan

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Jun 26, 2019
Here I am searching ac DC converters. I haven't found anything special apart from this outsandingly expensive vicor unit. It makes 400w at 24 (there isn't a 12v one) but it measures just 35.54 X 124.77 X 9.3mm and seems very efficient... Only for 339$ if I buy 100 units.

You should take a look at these 12v ac-dc units they comes ~$60 @20 unit's .... RPS-400-12 & EPP-400-12 power supply with PFC . I believe MeanWell open form psu's comes in two form factors, 102mm x 51mm and 127mm x 76mm (4x2 in and 5x3 in), both take up 40mm of vertical space. You can change in feature as they progress to a finer more efficient model that takes the place ... That how I can assure most safety, feature, reliability & affordability ... these form factors are in use on everything from microwave to even MRI machine in industrial space ... so if MeanWell want's to discontinue EPP-400-12, they must replace with more efficient one with in this form factor ... and MeanWell being a big OEM on industrial psu's, help's a lot with quality & reliability .....

Last edited:

graphichasan

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Jun 26, 2019
Finally some good news ..... we are working on a load shearing circuit with Mosfet/BJT that can auto detect & share the load on daisy-chain configuration up to 3 bricks ..... with a sli like 2 cable sense line form brick to brick .... like a 100W + 200W + 300W = 600W. But the problem is that we can not get it at it's full rating at 600W without overloading one .... currently this config can handle 20-30W less at ~570W ..... what do you think guys ...

graphichasan

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Jun 26, 2019
Daisy-chain ? You mean in series ? Or in parallel ?

Parallel ..... searise will be 48v dang ..... that's not what we want ..... we want the combine power of 3 like 200W+200W at 12v ..... under 120mv ripple ...

pardon me for scratchy pic.

Last edited:

GuilleAcoustic

Chief Procrastination Officer
SFFn Staff
LOSIAS
Jun 29, 2015
guilleacoustic.wordpress.com
Parallel ..... searise will be 48v dang ..... that's not what we want ..... we want the combine power of 3 like 200W+200W at 12v ..... under 120mv ripple ...

I asked because, if I'm not mistaken, daisy-chain = in series ;). Which will result in voltage stacking up, that's how Volta's pile works.

Reactions: graphichasan

graphichasan

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Jun 26, 2019
Revision 0.2 Concept & Design is here .. Please take a look & help me with some boundaries .... Please do not forget to ask question & any feature that I am missing ....

Boundaries / Help :
  • Need help with filter guys. UNIVERSAL AIR FILTER CO. seems to be producing Hydrophobic Mesh Air Filters. Which is a vary good solution.
  • But not able to connect with them. Need to know 1k pricing.
  • Please help me with any other idea's & Filters.

Project Thundercreck
400W active cooled ac-dc brick || Mini 6L Awesome Workstation
Why there is not much hype on active cooled ac-dc brick ? doesn't they make cases more smaller ?

Last edited: