Other What's on Taobao

Lemosine

Chassis Packer
Aug 5, 2017
it's great, honestly everything feels solid and professional. I will say one thing assembling it do not over tighten screws or you will screw up the threads for good. I messed up the threads on the feet, so I bought 3M rubber feet from Amazon and its 100 times better.

W1NN1NG

King of Cable Management
Jan 19, 2017
it's great, honestly everything feels solid and professional. I will say one thing assembling it do not over tighten screws or you will screw up the threads for good. I messed up the threads on the feet, so I bought 3M rubber feet from Amazon and its 100 times better.
That's something I was afraid of. It's shocking with that thick of aluminium that that would happen. You'd figure you might screw up some but not all of the threads depth. I'm worried about that. Kinda why I've been looking for a steel chassis.

gunpalcyril

Airflow Optimizer
Aug 7, 2016
I've always wanted to buy one of those portable monitors from taobao, but I have no confidence in buying it online since I'm not familiar with the online website. Got any tips or simple steps to purchase one?

lauheiyeung

Caliper Novice
Nov 25, 2017
Any thought on this case as someone posted it on the sffpc sub reddit and it looks legit.
I contacted the owner on taobao and I'm planning to get one in early next year
I will ask him to customize the case so that it will support 2 12025 fans on the top and one 12015 fan at the bottom, also increase the cpu cooler clearance to around 62mm

IntoxicatedPuma

Customizer of Titles
Original poster
SFFn Staff
Feb 26, 2016
A quick update as I found not one, but two SFF cases from an established manufacturer. CEMO, which is sold under Realan in the West usually, has two new cases on sale now:
ITX: https://item.jd.com/19818664984.html (14.7L)
mATX: https://item.jd.com/19819292302.html (19.9L)

Both are pretty cheap too, under $50 in China.

The mATX case is almost identical to the Jonsbo V4, but the top layer with PSU and HDD is moved underneath the motherboard. Fan layout is about the same. It's kind of unfortunate though because the V4 supports 3x 3.5 drives while this can only fit 1.

FoskcoRS5

Designated LMG
Jan 31, 2017
I've always wanted to buy one of those portable monitors from taobao, but I have no confidence in buying it online since I'm not familiar with the online website. Got any tips or simple steps to purchase one?
I was in the same boat, I had never done it before so I chose to go through superbuy.com as an agent in the transaction. It's been smooth thus far, ZS-A4 is in transit.

IntoxicatedPuma

Customizer of Titles
Original poster
SFFn Staff
Feb 26, 2016
Sunmilo has a new case called the "Steel Forest" which looks a bit like the Jonsbo VR1 or Silverstone FT03, but with more style thrown into it.

https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?sp...LI4mi&id=562624615760&ns=1&abbucket=10#detail

It looks nice but I think I found a very similar case which I might like more:
https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?sp...Nb6wb&id=559202194902&ns=1&abbucket=10#detail

Maybe I'm bias because it looks even closer to the FT03 Mini!

CC Ricers

Shrink Ray Wielder
Bronze Supporter
Nov 1, 2015
This is not a case, but found some Maxsun motherboards being sold for cheap. Here's one for the H81 chipset. Don't know of their quality, but I just heard of Maxsun as a GPU brand before, and not familar beyond that. There's also some being sold on eBay.

I sold my Asus Z97 board but since I still have a Haswell chip going unused and this budget board would be good enough. As Haswell ITX mobos get more rare to find, something like this at a low price point is good. Pity it has no rear USB 3.0 ports. However I can at least free up two of them with my keyboard and mouse over PS/2.

Reactions: IntoxicatedPuma

IntoxicatedPuma

Customizer of Titles
Original poster
SFFn Staff
Feb 26, 2016
Reactions: Phuncz

DRI

What's an ITX?
Dec 26, 2017
Here is actually a pic of mine. Today i straightened all my wires and organized everything. My top fans have filters and blow in. My bottom fans blow out the bottom. My fans on top have the RGB Phanteks Rings. 1080 with an I7 8700, i may get a K next year some time.

Edit: I have a fan filter on my GFX side. But I made some tinted Acrylic panels that I will use in the feature for each side.

I just bought the same case as yours. I'm planning to put a 3.5inch HDD inside it. Do you reckon it will fit inside without or with modding?

confusis

John Morrison. Founder and Team Leader of SFF.N
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
I like the ultra small ITX cases with subtlety like the two above. Hmmmm...

renecop545

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 2, 2018
Anyone try the new sunmilo case? It's like a tempered glass version of the DAN A4 and seems pretty sexy. Thermal performance might be a concern though

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
The builder of this case himself actually did a review in the link below:-
https://www.chiphell.com/thread-1698959-1-1.html

Basically, he said an i5 CPU (i5 6600k was tested) should pose no thermal problem and probably a non-overclocked i7 as well.

I think dust accumulation is likely a more pressing concern than the thermal. Even if you add a filter to the case bottom, it still might not help as
the case looks like a negative pressure case to me.

winterbladexx

Average Stuffer
Sep 30, 2017
I got the Sunmilo A4 but with the regular side panel not the glass one. Thermals are a bit high when running benchmarks but when gaming, it's manageable.

CC Ricers

Shrink Ray Wielder
Bronze Supporter
Nov 1, 2015
A video of budget Chinese mATX X79 motherboards. I've found boards like these on Newegg Business and eBay.

I got curious about them after watching Level1Techs video of Sandy Bridge Xeons that can still hold their own against Skylake-X.

bran

Average Stuffer
Feb 10, 2018
I have built 2 builds with Chinese x79 boards. One even has a m.2 slot. They are good value if you can get them for under $100 USD. They are really cheap on taobao but you need to use a buyer and have them remove the battery so they can be shipped via air.

Reactions: Phuncz