Other What's on Taobao

Frazhna

Caliper Novice
Jul 17, 2017
I got my hands on a ZS-A4, but unfortunately it is one with that awful burnt orange/red interior. At least the exterior is a nice silver color. I want to change the interior color, but I have no experience with coloring metal parts. Would some krylon spray paint do the job?

Reactions: Biowarejak

Jello

Airflow Optimizer
Nov 15, 2016
Just some info on a Taobao product page. Some of the text is part of images, so Chrome is unable to translate it.

Jello

Airflow Optimizer
Nov 15, 2016
@tinyitx This is the product in question. Feel free to private message me the translation in order to keep this thread free of any further clutter.

Hexxagram

Trash Compacter
Jul 8, 2018
I wanna have this case just for the lolz.

T_Tank

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 16, 2017
with the right hardware an a little machine learning it could be the little ai that could

el01

King of Cable Management
Jun 4, 2018
I want that case to convert to a working Wall-E. Just sayin
There was a project I saw in one of the Make: Magazine compilation books/on Instructables about something similar...
You could shove a i9 7980XE, a Tesla compute card, and some motor controlling stuff in there and let it go :)

Reactions: Biowarejak

rosinbole

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jan 18, 2018
www.instagram.com
I got my hands on a ZS-A4, but unfortunately it is one with that awful burnt orange/red interior. At least the exterior is a nice silver color. I want to change the interior color, but I have no experience with coloring metal parts. Would some krylon spray paint do the job?
Sorry if I'm breathing life into an old post, but if it's made of aluminum, get yourself some semi-fine sandpaper (240 or 400 grit) and sand the anodizing off, it'll leave you with a much better result if you do it right than if you just paint the interior with spraypaint.

CC Ricers

Shrink Ray Wielder
Bronze Supporter
Nov 1, 2015
I found this assembly manual for the ZS-A4 (Dan A4 lookalike) case, translated to English.

It's also interesting to see it built together, gives you an idea if you want to build something like it ;) Those modding cubes can make anything.

Last edited: