VegetableStu

Shrink Ray Wielder
Aug 18, 2016
*minecraft theme song plays in head*

EdZ

Virtual Realist
May 11, 2015
Also, can't really resist posting this:

The world's most literal "cube case". It's literally a 270mm cube.

I'm both fascinated and terrified in a way I can't explain.
Ventilation looks pretty awful (and if you're using ULP parts to compensate you may as well shrink further and use the case walls for passive cooling) but with feet placed on the 'side' to allow the cables to exit directly down, this could be a really nice design piece sitting on a desk.

MoarCoffeePlzzz

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Aug 2, 2015
Yeah I did a sketchup design that was extremely similar to this case but with 120mm fans and 3.5 drive mounting points on the backside (figured having 4x 2.5 would be better than 2!)

I am not sure if this is an improvement over their Metal Solid case, which is a very similar design but with 2x 80mm thin fans at the top and a 1U power supply at the front. I would have preferred they just updated that case with 92mm fans on the top and bottom.

I think if I build another workstation i'll be going with this:
https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?sp...YfzJIQ&id=544643552283&ns=1&abbucket=9#detail

BTW I'm 99% sure it's not a real jonsbo case.

Oh wow! I love this!

Advali

Minimal Tinkerer
Sep 16, 2017
Hi Guys, I'm trying to order the case using an agent but there is no buy option.
Is there anyone that can translate what this mean?

Last edited:

IntoxicatedPuma

Customizer of Titles
Original poster
SFFn Staff
Feb 26, 2016
It means you have a chance to preorder. Since it is grayed out maybe the preorder is sold out.

bledha

Airflow Optimizer
Feb 22, 2017
I imagine the Raijintek Metis has the same GPU heating problems.

This was definitely true in the first 2 iterations (with window and without) now with the Metis Plus, I am curious if that - looks like 120mm - vent cut into the top helps in any way.

If anyone has one, let us know what you think. I may consider it for a cheap build as the case isn't horrible looking.

IntoxicatedPuma

Customizer of Titles
Original poster
SFFn Staff
Feb 26, 2016
The other Raijintek (micro and full atx) cases have two 120mm fan mounts at the top but I still don't hear great things about them

wywywywy

Airflow Optimizer
Aug 12, 2016

DocH

G4G
Apr 2, 2017
One last one before August is out:

Metalfish has gone to tempered glass:

It looks like they took the Metal Solid mATX version and removed the U1 power supply and added two fans to the front. The fans are all 92mm (2 on top and 2 in front). 3 low profile slots, and its a bit wider than the Metal Solid so I assume it can get more than 60mm CPU clearance than the Metal Solid.

I'll try to order one this week, i'm not sure if it's on sale yet or maybe it just went up this week.
I love this case. If only it took a full atx and had from for a 240mm rad on bottom and front and i would be all over it. love this design though

Last edited:

Shahmatt

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Sep 6, 2017
I'm currently in the early stages of designing a case that will likely have a patentable feature. If I do end up patenting, I'm not going to bother doing it in North America/Europe/etc., I'll do it in China.

I'm not sure if patenting in China is of any use really. I hear the laws are never enforced.

FWIW I do have a utility patent international application under my name. The idea didn't get much commercial interest in nations that spend, so I filed in my home country Sri Lanka just for bragging rights and not for any monetary gain. I did all the legalese etc. myself and it was a great experience.

But now in retrospect I've decided I'll never patent again, even if I did have a good idea. I believe now patenting is a form of protectionism and protectionism hurts progress. Patents give exclusive rights to an inventory for up to 20 years. But why this number of years no one can justify. It is a number arbitrarily decided by government officials who only know how to set rules with no meaning.

So now I share my ideas. If others want to copy and do better than me then I will appreciate their initiatives, investments and risks they take with their monies. I think it is better for the world if I let them copy me. As for me gaining monetarily, I trust that discerning customers, investors and corporations will always dig out where ideas sprout from originally and invest in such people.

Kmpkt

Innovation through Miniaturization
KMPKT
Feb 1, 2016
I think where patents in China are worth having is if you'd like to partner with a Chinese company on the basis that they retain distribution rights in China and help you manufacture and distribute in the rest of the world. From what I've gathered, the Chinese legal system basically won't allow an outsider to defend a patent against a Chinese business successfully. That being said if your Chinese partner tries to bring the same lawsuit against an infringing party they will likely win the case (provided it is legit). The added benefit of having a patent on your invention is that it makes it impossible for a larger company to see you idea, patent it, and then send you cease and desist letters completely ruining your entire endeavour.

InfernoZeus

SFF Lingo Aficionado
May 23, 2017
For the 1U A4 I think its 210mm and for the ZS-A4 its 300mm in length.

He's talking about the ZS-A4M, not the ZS-A4. I think for the ZS-A4M it's 190mm.

Thanks to both of you. Yes, I was referring to the smaller ZS-A4M.

@Ganelon can I ask how you find these on Taobao? Any special search terms? If I search for "ITX chassis" using that site, there are lots of results for motherboards/etc. that aren't cases.

digispa

Cable Smoosher
Mar 5, 2017
@Ganelon can I ask how you find these on Taobao? Any special search terms? If I search for "ITX chassis" using that site, there are lots of results for motherboards/etc. that aren't cases.

@InfernoZeus It can't find "chassis" because none of the sellers use that term and it's just giving you results for the term "itx". Instead, when typing in the search bar type "m-itx chassis" (no quotes) and select the 1st item from the auto suggestion. That is "chassis" in simplified Chinese.

Or just search with this term without quotes "itx机箱"

Last edited:
Reactions: InfernoZeus

Lemosine

Chassis Packer
Aug 5, 2017
I like this case they have that is based off the DanCase A4. they have a small space for thin fans below the motherboard, I think its very smart! Push all the hot air out the top. If you go to view it you can view user comments about the product and its filled with pics and happy buyer.

https://world.taobao.com/item/54525...59.6.6FOF0.545250722227&scm=1007.12679.206343

I wonder if there is a way to get instructions on how to put this together? Or is it pretty much a guessing game? anyone know?