Other What's on Taobao

digispa

Cable Smoosher
Mar 5, 2017
Here are a few cases that I've recently found on Taobao for March 2017

First up is King Kong This is the actual name of the case. I've verified it with a colleague who can read both simplified and traditional Chinese. It has a lot going on being it's inverted ATX, split chamber, with tempered glass making up 4 panels. Oh and open air concept. The LEDs also come in blue.

Next is the Abee Smart RS07. It's an all aluminum tower, similar to the Jonsbo VR1. Weirdly, it seems like the I/O terminates up top, but the I/O cutout is at the bottom of the case. Thoughts?

Not necessarily new, but the MOD1 Mini from Jonsbo is the company's take on the InWin S-Frame in ITX footprint. It's npt as crazy, but also not as expensive. Still too much for my wallet though.

That's it for now.

IntoxicatedPuma

Customizer of Titles
Original poster
SFFn Staff
Feb 26, 2016
It's been awhile but that also means there is more to write about!

July 2017 - What's on Taobao?

Everyone knows Turemetal right? Ok maybe not. Anyways, they're big into passively cooled power supply stuff but now they have a passively cooled ITX case. It looks pretty cool but unfortunately doesn't support any PCI cards. It's also a bit pricy.

This Leyo M1 supports low profile cards however! It's also quite a bit cheaper but fairly basic looking. The design looks like it'd be good for a budget HTPC build. The 3.5 Hard Drive mount comes over the CPU fan a bit so that may block some things. I'm not sure i'd take it over the CEMO 1001, as it's about the same size and has a 3rd PCI slot.

Going out of SFF, Primo (who makes the ITX P115 and the ATX P66E) now has an mATX case, which looks about the same as the P66E. This new one is the P37. It's nothing crazy to write home about but the design is very clean looking. Definitely not SFF however :( I hope they make a larger P115 for mATX now.

Getting back to SFF, there is another clean design which kind of came out of nowhere. It's another Mac Pro clone but with more of a Dan A4 layout unlike the Pi cases, meaning you can fit GTX 1070's in it. This is the ABBIPC Model 001. No idea who made this but it's cool! SFX power supplies are supported!

And some others which are similar to the DAN-A4

SeaDamaged - I don't get it :(

ABBIPC's Acrylic version - really cheap

And another version from them, but slightly more expensive

NF4-ITX

Warhead Nano V3.5

Last edited by a moderator:

IntoxicatedPuma

Customizer of Titles
Original poster
SFFn Staff
Feb 26, 2016
That case is has quite a few reviews so I guess it's not pre order.

Do you guys use Alipay when you purchase on Taobao? To be honest I don't know of any other way to buy on it.

Tester

Cable Smoosher
Jul 22, 2017
That case is has quite a few reviews so I guess it's not pre order.

Do you guys use Alipay when you purchase on Taobao? To be honest I don't know of any other way to buy on it.
says it accepts bitcoin and credit cards.... i'm assuming my visa card will work. site needs my phone number to sign up but i'm out of country right now.... seems a bit hard.

case looks sweet. i like the orange :p

need to buy the riser separately though.

IntoxicatedPuma

Customizer of Titles
Original poster
SFFn Staff
Feb 26, 2016
says it accepts bitcoin and credit cards.... i'm assuming my visa card will work. site needs my phone number to sign up but i'm out of country right now.... seems a bit hard.

I could be wrong but I'm guessing you will need to setup an AliPay account and link your credit card to it, about the same way you do PayPal. Jack Ma owns both and Taobao doesn't really accept any other form of payment inside of China, I'm guess outside will be the same.

ready2go

Case Bender
Jul 24, 2017
I went through this process just the other day. Alipay wouldn't work for me. I tried both Visa and MasterCard. Their verification check is very flaky. And once I was able to get a charge to even go through, it was flagged as fraudulent by my CC company.

I ended up going through an agent (taobaofocus). They accept PayPal, which is ultimately what I went with. They have a slick website and everything is fairly intuitive. But man, those fees. They charge 10% on top of your purchase, but they also use an inflated exchange rate. They also don't have the cheapest international shipping, so do your homework. There are a ton of agents to pick from.

In the end, I couldn't do it. With fees+shipping I was looking at paying $260+ on a $140 case, with a wait time of probably close to 2 months.

Reactions: Biowarejak

ready2go

Case Bender
Jul 24, 2017
Shipping to US with either DHL or EMS was going to be about $90 (+ $10 domestic shipping from seller to taobao agent). This is on roughly 5kg package weight. Tempered glass cases are heavy :(

I think Superbuy offers cheaper shipping. But I'm curious to see if anyone has successfully got a better deal, and for how much.

chx

Master of Cramming
May 18, 2016
There's a guide to using a taobao proxy called Superbuy on this site, but it's so easy to use the guide is unnecessary. I used them, it worked. The Leyo M1 looks like just the chassis for a quiet 1050 Ti build: if you want an internal PSU and no small fans it's pretty impossible to make it smaller. If I am not mistaken, that's a TFX PSU, isn't it? NH L9x65 SE-AM4 :) then? Looks like you could strip the fans from a low profile 1050 Ti and mount two normal thickness fans instead -- there's space and there's a grille to air. 80mm? 70mm? Hard to see a bit. Perhaps that grille actually could serve as the fan mount?

If I weren't leaving in a few weeks I'd order on just to see.