Other What's on Taobao

digispa

Cable Smoosher
Mar 5, 2017
It seems like that Turemetal case is designed specifically for H110 Intel mobos, which is lame. At least that's what I understood from the description.

The ABEE Model 001 is SO CLOSE to being the Cryorig Ola that we all want. This is better than nothing but still
It's been awhile but that also means there is more to write about!

July 2017 - What's on Taobao?

Everyone knows Turemetal right? Ok maybe not. Anyways, they're big into passively cooled power supply stuff but now they have a passively cooled ITX case. It looks pretty cool but unfortunately doesn't support any PCI cards. It's also a bit pricy.

This Leyo M1 supports low profile cards however! It's also quite a bit cheaper but fairly basic looking. The design looks like it'd be good for a budget HTPC build. The 3.5 Hard Drive mount comes over the CPU fan a bit so that may block some things. I'm not sure i'd take it over the CEMO 1001, as it's about the same size and has a 3rd PCI slot.

Going out of SFF, Primo (who makes the ITX P115 and the ATX P66E) now has an mATX case, which looks about the same as the P66E. This new one is the P37. It's nothing crazy to write home about but the design is very clean looking. Definitely not SFF however :( I hope they make a larger P115 for mATX now.

Getting back to SFF, there is another clean design which kind of came out of nowhere. It's another Mac Pro clone but with more of a Dan A4 layout unlike the Pi cases, meaning you can fit GTX 1070's in it. This is the ABBIPC Model 001. No idea who made this but it's cool! SFX power supplies are supported!

And some others which are similar to the DAN-A4

SeaDamaged - I don't get it :(

ABBIPC's Acrylic version - really cheap

And another version from them, but slightly more expensive

NF4-ITX

Warhead Nano V3.5

DontPeek

Trash Compacter
Oct 17, 2016
It's not on sale yet but Sunmilo is working on the Steel Forest, a tower case with a vertical layout that can fit full-sized graphics cards.

Perhaps there would be an option for tempered glass side panels like the Phanteks Evolv Shift :)

Can someone just make a case that looks like this but with a layout similar to the A4? I love the monolith style cases but the layout on this guy doesn't seem too great.

Reactions: Frazhna and owliwar

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
A nice design with some nice looking finishinng but a downside that cables exit at the top rear because of the orientation.

ondert

Airflow Optimizer
Apr 16, 2017
I really liked the case. So similar to A4 and with additional fans it's clever. I don't understand chinese, as I see cpu cooler height limit is 49mm but there are images with id cooling is-50 thin which is 51mm. I didn't get it.

SFF2008

Caliper Novice
Aug 9, 2017
I just impulse ordered the A4 clone and flexible riser from Taobao using Superbuy.com (my first time). I should have thoroughly read the translated description first because I'm fairly certain I missed the deadline for the current batch, but oh well. My only real concern right now is the broken english translation on the flexible riser page says this -

"Adaptation graphics: GTX1080ti high-end graphics card, firepro w7100,radeon pro wx5100, quadroK1200 professional graphics card, GXT1050ti need to welding standby power, please note."

I will be using a 1080 Ti. Any idea what exactly that means?

IntoxicatedPuma

Customizer of Titles
Original poster
SFFn Staff
Feb 26, 2016
My coworker didn't know either, and translated it the same. If I had to take a guess, I assume the issue is the PCI Ribbon cable does not support enough to power a GTX 1050 ti that does not have a 6pin cable. ie - it's not capable of transfering the full 70-75W the PCI slot is rated for. I am just guessing on this but maybe someone who knows more could inform. Perhaps if it has the 6 pin and is only getting 50W for example from the PCI, then the 6 pin can pick up the extra slack so the PCI Ribbon wont be a bottleneck.

SFF2008

Caliper Novice
Aug 9, 2017
I've seen people using cheaper quality non-shielded risers with a 1080 Ti, and they didn't have any issues. Maybe I'll be fine?

Lemosine

Chassis Packer
Aug 5, 2017
I messaged him and he told me the next batch is 8-15 to 8-25. I am sure he will include you in it. Tried to get him to ship to US but he said no and to just use an Agent.

Reactions: IntoxicatedPuma

IntoxicatedPuma

Customizer of Titles
Original poster
SFFn Staff
Feb 26, 2016
Using my awful chinese ability and some logic:

Dimensions: 117.5 x 199 x 308mm
5 something.....no idea
Surface Colors: Available: Red, Silver Black
Motherboard: ITX
CPU Clearance: 49mm
Case fans: 9010 (means 90x10 thick) 9015 (90x15 thick) fans x 2
Power Supply : SFX
Maybe GPU length 300mm
Hard Drives: 7-9mm thick 2.5 drives x3

Arboreal

King of Cable Management
Silver Supporter
Oct 11, 2015
Using my awful chinese ability and some logic:

Dimensions: 117.5 x 199 x 308mm
5 something.....no idea
Surface Colors: Available: Red, Silver Black
Motherboard: ITX
CPU Clearance: 49mm
Case fans: 9010 (means 90x10 thick) 9015 (90x15 thick) fans x 2
Power Supply : SFX
Maybe GPU length 300mm
Hard Drives: 7-9mm thick 2.5 drives x3

Thanks for that @IntoxicatedPuma, useful stuff.

I can help on the missing info on line 2: a [small & dimmish, admittedly...] light bulb lit up in my head when I just read your spec sheet.
5052 is the grade of aluminium alloy, indicating its composition and properties. IIRC, 5052 is a commonly used construction/engineering alloy.
Of course YMMV as to whether there is an 'i' in the emiddle of the metal, depanding where you are!! :p

VegetableStu

Shrink Ray Wielder
Aug 18, 2016
适配显卡:Compatible Cards:
GTX1080ti高端显卡,High Resolution Card
firepro w7100,
radeon pro wx5100,
quadro K1200专业级显卡, Professional Card
GXT1050ti 需焊接备用电源,请备注。Requires power connection (ed:solder), please take note.

https://world.taobao.com/item/549896530169.htm?fromSite=main&spm=1101.1101.N.N.95818e7

Can anyone translate this?

zs-a4 case specs (ed: Dan won't be happy with this.)

Case Dimensions: 117.5x199x308mm (excluding feet)
"Material" : 5052 Aluminium, Acrylic
(ed: not sure why they call it five-metal (in terms of phrasing))
Coating: Anodised powdercoat (colour choice: Red, Silver, Black) (ed: 阳极氧化喷砂 by the way)
Motherboard: 17x17cm ITX motherboards
Cooler: max height 49mm CPU cooler
Fan: 9010 ~ 9015 Fans x2 (ed:???) (EDIT: google suggests that they're delta fans(?!?!))
power source: spec to SFX PSU
GPU limits: 300mm length; thickness must not exceed PCI IO shield width
Tray (ed: not sure which...?): 7~9mm thick 2.5 inch plate x3 (ed: ??)

Last edited:
Reactions: Acalanata and EdZ