Other What's on Taobao

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
I understand some of those tiny 40mm fans are noisy. But since I am powering just a 65W APU processor, maybe about 130W for the whole build. With a 300W Flex 1U PSU, the power supply should not get too warm or working too hard. I think I am comfortable with replacing the fan with a completely silent Noctua fan or quiet fan. And as you mention, Flex 1U PSU are more easily available.

This is one of the case I've been looking at.
Lz-a4 A24 mini ITX
That's the thing, unless the PSU is modified to use a Noctua or other explicitly low-noise fan, it's likely to be noisy no matter what, at all loads. FlexATX is a long, thin and highly restrictive form factor, so it relies on forced airflow for all cooling - there's no way for it to dissipate heat passively or semi-passively. Thus the fan is likely to run at all times, and most 40mm fans seen in FlexATX PSUs are (very) high RPM high pressure fans - a necessity due to the restrictive layout of these PSUs. As an example, here's from AnandTech's review of the Silverstone FX500:

As you can see, it's at ~45dBa even at extremely low loads (measured at 1m distance, i.e. about as close as you're likely to sit). That is already as loud as a pretty loud GPU, though likely at a much higher pitch due to the smaller fan, and thus likely to be more annoying. This is pretty typical behaviour for a FlexATX PSU, and sadly is an inherent trait of the design. Swapping the fan for a Noctua or similar quiet fan can help, but also comes with the downside of decreased cooling (and thus potentially overheating under high loads). FlexATX just isn't a particularly good standard for consumer desktop usage.

As AT puts it:
In terms of noise, the small 40 mm fan practically is a nightmare for anyone used to working with typical PCs. The small fan outputs 44.6 dB(A) worth of sound pressure while the PSU is running at a near-idle, and it surpasses 52 dB(A) under a maximum load. For comparison, a small hand-held vacuum cleaner outputs about 45 dB(A).

scatterforce

Master of Cramming
May 21, 2018
There are indeed a few FLEX PSU models that are deigned for consumers with much lower noise levels. The FLEXguru 300w is one such model.

You can even pay a premium here and they include a moded cable that has an 8pin. The 250w model is much louder, but the 500w is decent in terms of noise. A better option at higher loads is the 600w Enhance ENP-7660B.

I feel these cases will become more mainstream and PSU manufacturers will respond to meet the demand. The 12VO standard will aid in achieving quieter FLEX PSUs as they will be more efficient/quieter.

Paragon

Chassis Packer
Jan 10, 2021
Acat has a new case the Acat X Pro:
https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=646793061863

It seems to be a bigger ( 11.9L) Formd T1 clone and has more compatibility (280mm radiator support) + a USB-C at the front.
Also if you take the package with the pcie riser, you get the new ADT Pcie 4.0 riser included.
I wish it was a tad bit bigger and allowed you to fit a HWL GTS 280mm on top reliably, I have heard of people having a hard time fitting it in the winter one which sits at 160mm.

Last edited:

punksinatra

Cable Smoosher
Dec 13, 2017
Anyone here using RTX3080 2.5 to 3 slot GPU (if you are using Asus TUF Gaming OC RTX380 would be awesome).. want to know what A4 like cases are you using?

Looking at SGPK K55 Pro or Sirius T80.. or any case that have support to 120x25cm top case fans for exhaust.

If you are using custom cable for SF750, what lengths are you using. Thanks

punksinatra

Cable Smoosher
Dec 13, 2017
I ordered the case when it was announced. I wanted to downsize my current rig to the sandwich layout, but all common ones case do not fit 2,7 slot gpu with 3 fans. I hope that case will fit it perfectly.
The parcel is on its way, so it should reach me within 2 weeks.

Have you received the case? Can you provide more information/details please. I am on the fence in getting this case as well but would like to get more information as there are other options (cheaper) like the SGPC K55 Pro

DamnMyGlock

Efficiency Noob
Feb 9, 2021
I ordered the case when it was announced. I wanted to downsize my current rig to the sandwich layout, but all common ones case do not fit 2,7 slot gpu with 3 fans. I hope that case will fit it perfectly.
The parcel is on its way, so it should reach me within 2 weeks.
Have you gotten the case? Any pics? How are temps with the top fans? I just got this shipped via Superbuy

Have you received the case? Can you provide more information/details please. I am on the fence in getting this case as well but would like to get more information as there are other options (cheaper) like the SGPC K55 Pro
Same, I chose this case over the k55 pro because of the quality difference

Analogue Blacksheep

King of Cable Management
Dec 2, 2018
Has anyone from the UK ordered from Taobao via Superbuy since Brexit? I've ordered things through Superbuy before, but I want to know if anything has changed?

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
Not sure if this case has been posted here before. But here it goes:-

Jimu's D+ is a variant/clone of T1, with 'improvements'.
Looks like high quality and pricey.
Version 1.0 is sold out. Version 2.0 on pre-order.

A demo build:-

lys1030

Trash Compacter
Nov 8, 2020
www.youtube.com

I have received my white version of this case and I'm in the process of building it :) The accessories still take some time to manufacture. The quality is good in general with some room for improvement.

Reactions: tinyitx

lys1030

Trash Compacter
Nov 8, 2020
www.youtube.com
I also received a few other items from my last batch of Taobao shipment:
1. FMMJ ram heatsink (product link, my unboxing video) - It should be on sale at the Xproto website eventually once all the improvements are made, and mine is from a testing batch.
2. Turemetal TP240 DC-ATX PSU (product link) - It's a rock solid fanless PSU, and the build quality is even better than HDPLEX imo.
3. A bunch of newly released Thermalright fans
4. 700W Flex 1U psu (product link) - I haven't tested it yet so I can't say if it's good or not. I definitely won't trust the self-proclaimed platinum rating. I plan to use it on a system maxed out at 400w, so hopefully I can avoid the fan noise and keep myself extra safe with tons of headroom in watt.

I should receive a few more items in a few days from my next batch of Taobao shipment:
1. IN-0 case (product link) - Unfortunately, the silver version is sold out, so I asked for a black one with surface defects at a slightly discount price and I'll cerakote it to a different color.
2. AM4 waterblock integrated with pump (product link) - Similar to the Barrow's one, but it has no reservoir and the height is much lower, so it should allow me to use dual radiators in JIMU D+ or the upcoming T1 v1.5.
3. MTA18ADF2G72AZ-3G2E1 VLP ram (product link) - I learned it from the other thread. It's also sold in the US but the Taobao price is much cheaper. Technically, this item is not allowed to be purchased outside of China, so I used VPN for purchasing and asked my friend in China to help with the shipping.
4. A graphene coated NH-L12S - Yep, the chromax version you've been waiting for :) Here are some photos taken by the seller.

Last edited:

jaeparku

Cable-Tie Ninja
Oct 19, 2018

wow. looks great! i would consider getting this if T1 doesn't release a white / silver variant this year for version 1.5

Kapsi

Trash Compacter
Nov 20, 2018
I ordered a regular l12s in one Taobao store, bought a painting service in another Taobao store and had the cooler shipped there. Finally, the service provider shipped the cooler to me. I'm not sure if you can do it with an agent. I have my own Taobao account as a Chinese, so it's not an issue for me.
That sounds amazing!!! It's graphene or just black paint? Also, may I ask how much it was in total above the normal NH-L12S price?

lys1030

Trash Compacter
Nov 8, 2020
www.youtube.com
That sounds amazing!!! It's graphene or just black paint? Also, may I ask how much it was in total above the normal NH-L12S price?
It's graphene. Based on what I heard, it shouldn't affect the thermal (neither upgrade nor downgrade) and it's purely for aesthetics. Normal black paint would most likely worsen the thermal performance. The paint service and the extra shipping costs me about $12. I added some photos in my original reply.

Kapsi

Trash Compacter
Nov 20, 2018
It's graphene. Based on what I heard, it shouldn't affect the thermal (neither upgrade nor downgrade) and it's purely for aesthetics. Normal black paint would most likely worsen the thermal performance. The paint service and the extra shipping costs me about $12. I added some photos in my original reply.
Oh man, that's really cool! Thank you so much for sharing. Even if it's just for aesthetic purpose it's totally worth it!

Reactions: lys1030

EndingCredits

Caliper Novice
Dec 17, 2020
I have ordered a D+ too, but mine hasn't shipped yet. Apparently they are having issues with titanium colour.

It's the first production run, so delays are to be expected, but it is getting a bit annoying.