Other What's on Taobao

mylighterside

Cable Smoosher
May 20, 2021
facebook.com
Oh, I just checked and this is what I said specifically(for my particular seller):
  • 买家留言(Buyers Remarks)
    海盗SF600(Corsair modular)。显卡13cm(graphics card), 主板 20cm(motherboard).

Not sure how you are purchasing direct from TB, but can always PM me if you need any translation help.

I now have zero cable slack, was almost too short!😅

hmm...can't seem to load imgur images for some reason..."image cannot be loaded from the passed link"?
Hey @fongalv,

Seeing that you know Mandarin, may I ask a quick favor? I was hoping that you can help me reach the seller of the COOJ MQ6 Case?

I signed up for Taobao and its daughterpage Aliwangwang and after a day my account froze, hence the need for someone to lend a hand to contact the guy. The reason being is that I want to start a local groupbuy for the said case and hopefully some other cases that are difficult to come by.

Will really appreciate the help! If he gives his contact (email preferably or if he has Weixing, I can add him. Just send me a PM of his deets)

Thanks again mate!

ezerez

Trash Compacter
Mar 31, 2021
Hey @fongalv,

Seeing that you know Mandarin, may I ask a quick favor? I was hoping that you can help me reach the seller of the COOJ MQ6 Case?

I signed up for Taobao and its daughterpage Aliwangwang and after a day my account froze, hence the need for someone to lend a hand to contact the guy. The reason being is that I want to start a local groupbuy for the said case and hopefully some other cases that are difficult to come by.

Will really appreciate the help! If he gives his contact (email preferably or if he has Weixing, I can add him. Just send me a PM of his deets)

Thanks again mate!
He is also here on the forums under user @COOJ maybe you can reach him that way

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
Someone shared this Galaxy A4 case in my local group - it's a $1000 case where the shell is manufactured from solid block of alumnium. Here is the Chiphell build thread. A few pics from the thread for quick reference:

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
Someone shared this Galaxy A4 case in my local group - it's a $1000 case where the shell is manufactured from solid block of alumnium. Here is the Chiphell build thread. A few pics from the thread for quick reference:

That's pretty cool! Though the motherboard/PSU side does look like a cross between a Lacie Big Disk TB2 enclosure and one of their newer TB3 docks. I still think unibody cnc designs are unnecessarily wasteful (unless you're working from blanks cast specifically for your use case to minimize material waste), but it does allow for some cool designs.

Reactions: thelaughingman

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
Acat has a new case the Acat X Pro:
https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=646793061863

It seems to be a bigger ( 11.9L) Formd T1 clone and has more compatibility (280mm radiator support) + a USB-C at the front.
Also if you take the package with the pcie riser, you get the new ADT Pcie 4.0 riser included.
It says 'infinite adjustments' for the balance of space between the CPU side and the GPU side.
From the drawing, it seems to me a 'sliding' mechanism is employed to allocate space for the 2 sides. Actually, I have thought of this as well because, IMHO, discrete/fixed increments of 1.5, 2, 2.5, 3...etc are still too 'limited' options.
Now, this looks like the entire spine can slide on a rail/track to provide a continuous space allocation.
This is a smart design.

miptzi

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 20, 2017
soooo, got my ass slapped by the infamous brazilian customs, the allegedly said my Acat s1 came in with incomplete paperwork, and now are on the way of : confiscating/returning/destroying my case.... the postal service washed their hands, the tracking stopped refreshing, YOYBUY says they did as usual, and won't return the case to taobao seller due to timelines, and i'm utterly ducked.

GREAT

• Sad
Reactions: tinyitx

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
soooo, got my ass slapped by the infamous brazilian customs, the allegedly said my Acat s1 came in with incomplete paperwork, and now are on the way of : confiscating/returning/destroying my case.... the postal service washed their hands, the tracking stopped refreshing, YOYBUY says they did as usual, and won't return the case to taobao seller due to timelines, and i'm utterly ducked.

GREAT
What a bummer!
Maybe this is a way of your government throwing a curveball at you, trying to get some import duty money from someone and this someone unfortunately turns out to be you ?

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
smaller footprint on the desk. Meshlicious is not the first but really the first mainstream option. Availability is the key, i.e. NR200, and Meshlicious is more readily available than most boutique SFF cases
Meshlicious is definitely not the first. Just my recollection of recent vertical cases:-
*Corsair One (early 2019)-just buying the case is not possible but, nonetheless, this probably sparked the recent trend of vertical cases.
*Phanteks Evolv Shift (late 2019)-probably the first main stream vertical case
*NZXT H1 (mid 2020)-another main stream one, unfortunately marred by a faulty pcie riser cable issue.

BTW, Cooler Master NR200 is not really a 'vertical' case per se.

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
I'm just highlighting the fact that CM has scale and reach and basically flood the market with NR200. Lian-li / SSUPD can do similar things, not to the extent of CM but much much much more than the usual boutique manufacturers / taobao vendor. Plus OT's hype always helps haha

ignsvn

By Toutatis!
SFFn Staff
Apr 4, 2016
Meshlicious is definitely not the first. Just my recollection of recent vertical cases:-
*Corsair One (early 2019)-just buying the case is not possible but, nonetheless, this probably sparked the recent trend of vertical cases.
*Phanteks Evolv Shift (late 2019)-probably the first main stream vertical case
*NZXT H1 (mid 2020)-another main stream one, unfortunately marred by a faulty pcie riser cable issue.

I'd like to add:
- Sliger SV540 & 590
- the popular but elusive DSE Breath.
- Silverstone FT03

I'd argue that Silverstone FT03 is probably the first mainstream option.

KevintheGuo

Caliper Novice
Dec 7, 2020
Speaking of vertical cases, I received the IN 0 case (https://smallformfactor.net/forum/t...al-itx-case-production-almost-complete.11940/) a week ago, and I did a photoshoot for it. I love the build quality and the minimalist, seamless nature of the case. You can find it here https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z09.2.0.0.27c62e8d29NUy3&id=619525618684&_u=b2mh5c3l35ea although it seems the silver version was a one-off and the creator didn't produce more because of flaws? Though the flaws are quite hard to spot unless I'm looking specifically for them.

I've put my build together (3070FE, 11700K, air-cooled, mostly as a photo/video editing rig) but haven't cleaned it up yet (wire sticking out everywhere, not all my fans are in, etc.) so no photos of that, but it's working great so far, no major issues! This is the first PC build I've put together myself (used to just use laptops) but the process was pretty straightforward and I thought the case worked well - especially with the shell sliding off smoothly to let me access everything. I highly recommend this case, it's a shame it didn't catch on more.

Last edited:

rainmaker33

Average Stuffer
May 8, 2020
smaller footprint on the desk. Meshlicious is not the first but really the first mainstream option. Availability is the key, i.e. NR200, and Meshlicious is more readily available than most boutique SFF cases
I see.
I'll like to see another trend towards tiny APU cases. Given that GPU prices are insane and limited, and I don't really game much nowadays.

More APU cases with Flex 1U power supply and those that can fit HDPlex, EPP or DC-ATX with a external brick. That would be great for those upcoming 5700G APU.

I have seen a couple of good ones on Taobao. Hope to see more from mainstream manufacturers.

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
I see.
I'll like to see another trend towards tiny APU cases. Given that GPU prices are insane and limited, and I don't really game much nowadays.

More APU cases with Flex 1U power supply and those that can fit HDPlex, EPP or DC-ATX with a external brick. That would be great for those upcoming 5700G APU.

I have seen a couple of good ones on Taobao. Hope to see more from mainstream manufacturers.
FlexATX PSU for an APU is unnecessary, and will just be loud for no good reason unless you take the risk of a modified PSU. HDPlex or some form of PicoPSU/DC-ATX with an internal AC-DC PSU is much much better. @Thehack's J-Hack Pure with the MeanWell RPS 200W kit is a great example of this. Of course FlexATX PSUs are (somewhat) more available, but those 40mm fans are hell.

rainmaker33

Average Stuffer
May 8, 2020
FlexATX PSU for an APU is unnecessary, and will just be loud for no good reason unless you take the risk of a modified PSU. HDPlex or some form of PicoPSU/DC-ATX with an internal AC-DC PSU is much much better. @Thehack's J-Hack Pure with the MeanWell RPS 200W kit is a great example of this. Of course FlexATX PSUs are (somewhat) more available, but those 40mm fans are hell.
I understand some of those tiny 40mm fans are noisy. But since I am powering just a 65W APU processor, maybe about 130W for the whole build. With a 300W Flex 1U PSU, the power supply should not get too warm or working too hard. I think I am comfortable with replacing the fan with a completely silent Noctua fan or quiet fan. And as you mention, Flex 1U PSU are more easily available.

This is one of the case I've been looking at.
Lz-a4 A24 mini ITX