Other What's on Taobao

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
I know Ive seen Them before, maybe one of you remember. Who makes cases with the power switch a cherry mx switch (probably not cherry brand, but I think you get the idea)? I don't think it was captian... Having a hard time remembering. Lol

Found it: https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?sp...-18638084572.7.68f062fb4zEVEV&id=560157130472 could someone help me understand what the packages are. Google translate doesn't halep much. :/
My rough translation。

1st row: hot plugging switch base - basic cherry type , copper-feel key cap(custom ordering)
2nd row:hot plugging switch base -tactile ,red CD style button,silver CD style button ['CD' just refers to the button looking like a tiny compact disc]
3rd row: cosmetic package,(products bought are not returnable)

There are 2 types of switches。[Basically you are using a mechanical keyboard switch as a power switch。]
1。Common Cherry type。High compatibility as it can fit various types of key caps。Can also use the little circular CD type switch button but the illumination underneath is not showing through that much。

2。Steelseries switch with centred LED。not compatible with common keyboard caps and can only use the little circular CD style button but its LED illumination shows up better and is usually preferred to go with little CD style button。

Both types support hot-plugging。
Cherry type supports RGB。
Both comes with a LED which cycles through rainbow colours。

You can look at the pics shown there and it will make more sense。
Hope this helps.

Last edited:

ChrisMCP

Trash Compacter
Jun 16, 2018
Was interested in a ghost s1 and stumbled upon 2 options:
1. Kevcases V1.1
2. AKLLA A4
Does the Kevcase come with a PCIE riser? If not where could I get a compatible one? Also, is a top hat available?
here is more to your list.

marin.onofrei

What's an ITX?
New User
Mar 30, 2020
Hi guys, does anyone know about an alternative for Sliger SM580 on taobao?
Basically I am looking for some case that has 3 vertical expansion slots. I am planning to use a bifurcation card with a 2 slot GPU and a network card.

takatakatakatak

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Apr 5, 2020
Did they give you any idea of when that is supposed to ship?
I thought it was pre-order only.

Yeah, it is pre-order. Page now says shipping late April.

I have zero faith that i'll receive it any time soon, probably drag on another 2 months at least after dealing with all the on-shipping hassles in Chinese.

pseudobacon

Average Stuffer
Jan 9, 2018
Time for an update

ZS-A4DC V2
B
Basically the Hutzy XS design but with a low profile graphics card and 1U PSU on one side.

Overall dimensions: 18.9x11.4x20.4cm = 4.4L
CPU heatsink height: 49mm
GPU support: 182mm, 42mm wide
2.5 inch drives: 1x

ZS-A4L

A take on the Sunmilo S01 but with support for 5x 2.5" SSD by moving the power button and USB port to the top of the case. 7.7L

ZS-A4S V3

Overall volume: 27.6x11.4x19.7cm = 4.4L
GPU support: 272mm, 42mm wide
2.5 inch drives: 4x

ZS-A4M V2

Hutzy XS with option for Type-C or Type-A USB port at the front

Overall volume: 18.9x11.4x23.5cm = 5L
GPU support: 182mm, 42mm wide
2.5 inch drives: 2x

Warhead Dual Cool MKIII

Looks like the same as the MKII, but with a new perforated front and back panel, plus the option of pink colour

Warhead mini MKVI

Extra CPU heatsink height due to moving of the GPU to the bottom and the PSU to the motherboard side, mounted vertically. Curious to see how the PCIe extension cable will be installed, looks like it'll go and sort of wrap on top of the PSU, to the bottom of the case as the GPU is mounted "the right way up".

Overall volume: 18.5x10x25cm = 4.6L
CPU heatsink height: 85mm
GPU support: ITX (170mm?)
2.5 inch drives: 2x

Last edited:

penguinswillrise

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Apr 23, 2020
Is anyone planning on getting the Ghost S1 clone Kevcases V1.1? Just spoke to the seller and he says we can expect a black version around 12th May

takatakatakatak

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Apr 5, 2020
Has anyone here received any information from the seller of AKLLA A4 regarding shipping? It should have been sent by now, no action.

mkoclega

Chassis Packer
Apr 23, 2020
Has anyone here received any information from the seller of AKLLA A4 regarding shipping? It should have been sent by now, no action.
I am considering buying this but it looks a little unreliable. You cannot select anything plus the seller has no single review yet. It looks like some guy is just trying to sell pre-production items.
I like the case itself for 280 mm rad compatibility and room for a slim far underneath the motherboard. But it seems you still have to do some modifications. The bottom panel is badly ventilated. The top panel is missing vents near the egdes so 280 rad / fans do not make any sense with this panel. Also the rad mounting bracket is a little weird, even for 240 mm rad + fans.
The tophat seems to be made of different material, as the vertical connections between alu/plastic/stell sheets are barely visible (see picture).

takatakatakatak

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Apr 5, 2020
I am considering buying this but it looks a little unreliable. You cannot select anything plus the seller has no single review yet. It looks like some guy is just trying to sell pre-production items.
I like the case itself for 280 mm rad compatibility and room for a slim far underneath the motherboard. But it seems you still have to do some modifications. The bottom panel is badly ventilated. The top panel is missing vents near the egdes so 280 rad / fans do not make any sense with this panel. Also the rad mounting bracket is a little weird, even for 240 mm rad + fans.
The tophat seems to be made of different material, as the vertical connections between alu/plastic/stell sheets are barely visible (see picture).

Photos are obviously prototype that has been knocked up to generate sales, final units will probably have some changes. I agree that the top hat looks a bit different, (possibly plastic?) and that holes should extend closer to the edges but I think it would still be adequate. My larger concern is that it needs a set of feet to allow intake from the bottom.

If it turns out I have been jacked there are 161 people going down with me who have also purchased pre-sales of their various packages. It says the shop has been open 7 years but I've no idea what they were doing previously, communication has been a bit patchy.

I still really do hope it ships and suits my purposes; I couldn't find anything else that ticked all of the boxes anywhere...primarily because I don't want to give up my watercooled GPU. The seller said if I swap to a 92mm rad then I've got a decent chance of fitting it under the PSU with this case, with the 280mm living in the hat.

Anyway, only time will tell. If they are genuine, units should start shipping before the end of the month.

Reactions: mkoclega

mkoclega

Chassis Packer
Apr 23, 2020
For 280 mm rad I am afraid you have to modify or manufacture your own mounting bracket and top grill. Unless they published prototype pictures and improved the design since then. With these parts as on the pictures, you would simply cover the edges of the rad and 140 mm fans resulting in 240 mm rad's performance but more noise due to turbulence.
Time will tell... I am waiting for your review.
I will personally probably give a chance to Jonsbo A4 and modify it to accomodate a 280 mm rad.

gardenia

Cable Smoosher
Apr 5, 2020
Ghost S1 is 8.2L while Dan A4 is 7.2L (numbers taken right off their page).
S1 is quite small already.
But, you are asking for a 7.2L Ghost S1 clone?
Yes. 7.2L Ghost S1 clone. Is it exist somewhere? I like ghost design but for the size I prefer dan a4 size. Even it just 1L, it is noticeable different.

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
Yes. 7.2L Ghost S1 clone. Is it exist somewhere? I like ghost design but for the size I prefer dan a4 size. Even it just 1L, it is noticeable different.
A member here complied an useful list (in Google spread sheet format). Not sure if it is updated comprehensively enough but it should be your first stop. Check out the ''SFF case < 20L'' portion and work your way down from the Ghost S1. You should find many cases that might be of interest to you, eg SGPC K55.

Reactions: Smole and gardenia