Other What's on Taobao

pseudobacon

Average Stuffer
Jan 9, 2018
@decayed.cell you seem to be quite familiar with some lesser known brand/cases. Have you seen any m1 style cases that support a 240mm rad above the motherboard (top panel)?
None sorry. They all seem to put the radiator in the bottom, like the Deng F15. This makes sense, because in an M1 style case, the graphics card will always be at the bottom, so that means the PSU will always be on the top, usually at the front. That means a radiator is going to be length restricted. The only way to get it at the top is to expand the top, but that means a bigger case overall

ababa

Average Stuffer
Oct 29, 2019
K99 V2 is on AliExpress for 116 + 20(for a pcie riser cable). Totaling 136 USD. If this is bought though taobao to the US it would cost ~ 120-150 (52 for the case+ 15 for the riser + between 40-60 for shipping to the US + 10-15 for superbuy fee and PayPal conversation rate fee). However if you buy on taobao you have the option to get an aluminum side panel as an addition (~8).

So not too bad for US buyers, If you plan to use just the glass panels.
PCIE riser cable? what is it?
I am contacting directly to seller
I may have more information for this case

ababa

Average Stuffer
Oct 29, 2019
Does anyone know if cpu cooler height does really matter in such small form factor case?
I mean some case can fit < 135mm and the others only up to 68mm for example
Pretty weird considering, these cases are about same dimensions

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
Does anyone know if cpu cooler height does really matter in such small form factor case?
I mean some case can fit < 135mm and the others only up to 68mm for example
Pretty weird considering, these cases are about same dimensions
A case that can fit 135mm is something like the Ncase with the GPU in the traditional location mounted to the motherboard, a case with 68mm clearance is probably a sandwich style case with the GPU mounted behind the motherboard using a riser cable.

thorcik

Chassis Packer
Jun 26, 2019
Not sure if that's the right place to ask - has anyone come across a standalone audio connectors for front panel (either combo jack or separate mic and headphones)?

ababa

Average Stuffer
Oct 29, 2019
A case that can fit 135mm is something like the Ncase with the GPU in the traditional location mounted to the motherboard, a case with 68mm clearance is probably a sandwich style case with the GPU mounted behind the motherboard using a riser cable.
I dont really get sandwich layout over standard layout for similar dimension
Any pros and cons for each layout?

hlxino

Chassis Packer
Aug 1, 2019
sand which case tend to be smaller but have crazy restrictions for cpu coolers. in addition they don't tend to be the best for rgb afficionados since u can't have glass pannel

standard layout are usually much bigger and can accommodate at least tower cpu coolers. I used to like sand which but I have recently moved to standard as I can get a glass pannel and I like looking at all my components at the same time

[/QUOTE

thorcik

Chassis Packer
Jun 26, 2019
sand which case tend to be smaller but have crazy restrictions for cpu coolers. in addition they don't tend to be the best for rgb afficionados since u can't have glass pannel

Um, there are sandwich cases with glass panels, I've just ordered one via Superbuy lol. Vented aluminium panel on GPU side, glass on MB/PSU side. 240 rad on top.

ababa

Average Stuffer
Oct 29, 2019

standard layout are usually much bigger and can accommodate at least tower cpu coolers. I used to like sand which but I have recently moved to standard as I can get a glass pannel and I like looking at all my components at the same time
Yes i am quite torn between sandwich layout that only allows cpu cooler height up to 55/60 mm and standard layout that can fit tower cup coolers up to 130/135 mm
55/60 mm for a cpu cooler, this is tiny/tight as hells lol

pseudobacon

Average Stuffer
Jan 9, 2018

You also get fresh air from either side of the case in sandwich layout, which is in theory better for cooling

florrari44

Minimal Tinkerer
Dec 7, 2019
Hi guys ! First of all I would like to thank you all for this very informative and useful thread !

I am actually looking for a case for my first sff built. I was interesting in a Ghost S1 but it is nearly impossible to get one here in Europe these days…
After having read this thread, it appears there are 2 possibilities :

https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=600836353624

https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z10.1-c.w4004-15395164560.3.5abe9835LJGbgp&id=594507653301

Do you guys know if the price difference (60€) worth it in terms of quality ?

I would like to use an MSI 5700xt Mech OC but it has a 46mm height. Both cases are for 45mm GPUs, do any people with one of these could tell me if it has enough space for a 46mm GPU ?

(I am also considering a Nouvolo Steck which would be at the same price including shipping but not sure about the quality of the case)

Thanks !

runninghack

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Nov 21, 2019
Hi guys ! First of all I would like to thank you all for this very informative and useful thread !

I am actually looking for a case for my first sff built. I was interesting in a Ghost S1 but it is nearly impossible to get one here in Europe these days…

https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z10.1-c.w4004-15395164560.3.5abe9835LJGbgp&id=594507653301

I would like to use an MSI 5700xt Mech OC but it has a 46mm height. Both cases are for 45mm GPUs, do any people with one of these could tell me if it has enough space for a 46mm GPU ?

(I am also considering a Nouvolo Steck which would be at the same price including shipping but not sure about the quality of the case)

Thanks !

The first one is more like a direct Ghost S1 clone. The second one has some improvements and has different dimensions as Louqe's Ghost S1. I don't know the details though.
The first one is ready or almost ready for shipping if you choose black color. The second one is not in stock afaik.
I just ordered the cheaper one but haven't received it yet.

Poblopuablo

King of Cable Management
Jan 14, 2018

Thanks !

Edit: The ones you linked are more like copy/paste clones(I know "clone" is a controversial term, but they are pretty dang similar and their influence cannot be ignored) as far as aesthetics and general support go. So if that's what you're looking for then you're options are limited

Do you specifically want a top hat? Because, there are plenty of other options that are the sandwich layout with 240mm rad support. (Some of the more popular/well-known ones include the sunmilo t03 and sgpc k99)

https://smallformfactor.net/forum/threads/whats-on-taobao.885/post-174306 if you look at this post(also quoted below) most of the sandwich cases with the height of ~240mm support 240mm rads. :)

Hi guys, just want to share my own list. This is just for my own reference and I thought it might help others. Not all info are accurate, either due to subpar translation or not enough information like with swapping certain components or limitation if using a larger GPU or PSU. If in doubt, please do your own research or contact the seller as some specifications might be outdated.

EDIT: Added other cases

Last edited:

Themaveriq

Efficiency Noob
Nov 28, 2019

Thanks !
Hey, I have a Nouvolo Steck (with the stack) and have personally been pretty impressed with the quality and the ease of building in the case. The only small issue I've come across is the double-sided tape used on the magnets that attach the side panels, this is easily fixed by getting some stronger tape however.

florrari44

Minimal Tinkerer
Dec 7, 2019
The first one is more like a direct Ghost S1 clone. The second one has some improvements and has different dimensions as Louqe's Ghost S1. I don't know the details though.
The first one is ready or almost ready for shipping if you choose black color. The second one is not in stock afaik.
I just ordered the cheaper one but haven't received it yet.

Hi ! Did you get any information about delivery time with your order ?

Edit: The ones you linked are more like copy/paste clones(I know "clone" is a controversial term, but they are pretty dang similar and their influence cannot be ignored) as far as aesthetics and general support go. So if that's what you're looking for then you're options are limited

Do you specifically want a top hat? Because, there are plenty of other options that are the sandwich layout with 240mm rad support. (Some of the more popular/well-known ones include the sunmilo t03 and sgpc k99)

https://smallformfactor.net/forum/threads/whats-on-taobao.885/post-174306 if you look at this post(also quoted below) most of the sandwich cases with the height of ~240mm support 240mm rads. :)

I don't need a top hat but I am looking for something under 9l. Anyway I am gonna look at this table which look pretty informative ?

Hey, I have a Nouvolo Steck (with the stack) and have personally been pretty impressed with the quality and the ease of building in the case. The only small issue I've come across is the double-sided tape used on the magnets that attach the side panels, this is easily fixed by getting some stronger tape however.

hi ! Thanks for your feedback ! Do panels have that metal feeling ? Or is it like painted plastic ?

Poblopuablo

King of Cable Management
Jan 14, 2018
Hi ! Did you get any information about delivery time with your order ?

I don't need a top hat but I am looking for something under 9l. Anyway I am gonna look at this table which look pretty informative ?

hi ! Thanks for your feedback ! Do panels have that metal feeling ? Or is it like painted plastic ?
The steck is aluminum. (Some steel parts like for some of the framing brackets)

Reactions: florrari44