Other What's on Taobao

Salulu

Efficiency Noob
New User
Dec 13, 2019
Anybody have any luck buying cnc'd acrylic/aluminum based on your own specs on taobao? Some people on baidu have shown off theirs for example:

And there's a ton of sellers that provide the service, but you obviously need to contact them to discuss it. Im wondering how difficult that is if you use a translator or Superbuy agent, and what the cost would be.

Reactions: renecop545

ababa

Average Stuffer
Oct 29, 2019
Some of them speak really good english, dont worry, using translator in worst case
Also Superbuy online support are pretty good for this
The cost will depend of each seller (Captain S for example, if you want using another drilled holes layout, it would cost 200 CNY)
Ask sunmilo, he does provide some customization

Salulu

Efficiency Noob
New User
Dec 13, 2019
Some of them speak really good english, dont worry, using translator in worst case
Also Superbuy online support are pretty good for this
The cost will depend of each seller (Captain S for example, if you want using another drilled holes layout, it would cost 200 CNY)
Ask sunmilo, he does provide some customization
200 CNY for 1 or 2 aluminium panels?

Just found another user on baidu who was able to get two 2mm custom anodized aluminium panels for 150CNY total.
I'd presume it's much cheaper getting this done from the dedicated CNC service merchants on taobao rather than the case sellers, who will add their own markup.

ababa

Average Stuffer
Oct 29, 2019
Its unclear but i think its for whole customization, Captain S seller quoted me for 200 CNY (dunno if it includes both alu side panels)
Most of cases come with glass side, so adding a side panel in aluminium cost around 100 CNY most of times
I am also looking for a seller who makes full customization, not easy to find good one

Poblopuablo

King of Cable Management
Jan 14, 2018
Thanks, that's a very good one. But I will try to find something simitar to this case but in black, the silver will not match my setup unfortunately.
I'm not sure, but if you look on taobao, they might have a black version. I don't have time to check at the moment (heading to work). But it's worth a shot. :) The worst thing about this case is it's super low CPU cooler height. L9i(a) won't even fit.

Reactions: i2Lo

ababa

Average Stuffer
Oct 29, 2019
Thanks, that's a very good one. But I will try to find something simitar to this case but in black, the silver will not match my setup unfortunately.
Yes silver color case doesnt match with any setup
But color looks sleek as well, into more ''business'' / pro, its good color for a case (at least, silver isn't a fancy color)
Black will match with anything though

i2Lo

Efficiency Noob
Dec 19, 2019
I'm not sure, but if you look on taobao, they might have a black version. I don't have time to check at the moment (heading to work). But it's worth a shot. :) The worst thing about this case is it's super low CPU cooler height. L9i(a) won't even fit.
No problem, just searched it by myself and there is only a silver version of this case.

Yes silver color case doesnt match with any setup
But color looks sleek as well, into more ''business'' / pro, its good color for a case (at least, silver isn't a fancy color)
Black will match with anything though
That makes sense. I wanted something like the Hack Pure and the InWin Chopin, I need to do more research because I don't know how reliable their PSUs are. That's why I wanted a small case that can fit an aftermarket 1u PSU.

ababa

Average Stuffer
Oct 29, 2019
Apple would surely disagree. ?
Space Grey turns out as main color of Apple, at least, there is real plebiscite for Space Grey over Silver ;p
Anyway, its my own opinion, silver and white peripherals would match pretty well (uncommon but still exists)
Black too though (as i said black does match with anything)

ababa

Average Stuffer
Oct 29, 2019
No problem, just searched it by myself and there is only a silver version of this case.

That makes sense. I wanted something like the Hack Pure and the InWin Chopin, I need to do more research because I don't know how reliable their PSUs are. That's why I wanted a small case that can fit an aftermarket 1u PSU.

This one exists in black color
Derived from ZS-A4 series i think (from same seller)

Last edited:

Poblopuablo

King of Cable Management
Jan 14, 2018

Thats a slick little case! I like how the PSU is included!!

Re-l124c41

Chassis Packer
Oct 27, 2017

i2Lo

Efficiency Noob
Dec 19, 2019

Thanks for the recommendations, guys. That's what I wanted. Will probably stick with the lz-a4. ?

Poblopuablo

King of Cable Management
Jan 14, 2018
Anyone know of an s4 mini alternative on taobao. I'd like something around 5L and supports 215mm GPU. Preferably console style. And I have a hdplex 400 + 330w brick.

I already know modivio xcase M(6.2L, and expensive for 3d printed), custom_mod SLM1 lm 4(too small), and the logic supply mc600(decent amount of modding needed). Maybe. You guys have seen something no haven't. I looked on the updated list @prayogahs posted, and didn't see any more options.

sunrainsky

Trash Compacter
Dec 20, 2019
Hi guys, just want to share my own list. This is just for my own reference and I thought it might help others. Not all info are accurate, either due to subpar translation or not enough information like with swapping certain components or limitation if using a larger GPU or PSU. If in doubt, please do your own research or contact the seller as some specifications might be outdated.

EDIT: Added other cases

Thank you for this list!

I had seen most of them already but your list made it so easy to go through with a filter!
Since I had difficulty getting an Ncase M1, I have ordered a DENG F12.

Reactions: prayogahs