Other What's on Taobao

Analogue Blacksheep

King of Cable Management
Dec 2, 2018
Hello, I'm about to get the ZS A4-DC. Can some who knows Chinese be able to translate the top paragraph for me? I've got it up on Bhiner, but the text is apart of an image so the auto translate won't work.

I would like to know if it comes with both back panels and if there is an option I need to press.

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
Hello, I'm about to get the ZS A4-DC. Can some who knows Chinese be able to translate the top paragraph for me? I've got it up on Bhiner, but the text is apart of an image so the auto translate won't work.

I would like to know if it comes with both back panels and if there is an option I need to press.
The top paragraph is just the spec of the case, which does not mention anything explicitly related to the 2 back panels. But, indirectly, regarding the storage devices, it just says what can be supported under 1u power supply and under direct dc power supply. There, it mentions about using a full height display card vs half height display card.
So, I suppose this refers indirectly to the 2 back panels where one is for full height card while the other is for half height card.
The first (of the 10) buyer's feedback said a lot of accessories was bundled with the case and did also mention 2 back panels were included (but did not say if the 2nd panel was ordered as an extra with extra money).

If I have to guess, I would guess not. I would think the 2 panels are included in the standard default package. I checked the entire page and see no place to order the 2nd panel as an option.

However, I have a little suspicion that the PCIe riser cable might not be included and has to be ordered separately. The reason is that the maker of the case is selling that cable as a separate item in this link:- (for ¥115 for ZS-A4DC)

As far as the 2 listed prices (¥580 or 600), I think, 600 is for the 'iron man limited edition' while 580 is for the rest colour options.

But, of course, if you are using an agent, maybe it is best to ask him to confirm with the shop first.
(Looks like this will be a very tight fit build, good luck!)

AccountIsTaken

Efficiency Noob
Aug 3, 2018

I recently purchased the ZS-A4DC through Superbuy. I can confirm that it comes with both back panels but does not come with a PCIE riser like tinyitx thought. You just have to add it on separately. Feel free to message me if you have any more questions and I'll see if I can help.

Reactions: Analogue Blacksheep

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
When you are in a foreign country and you order something from Taobao through an agent (Superbuy or Bhiner or whatever), how much 'overhead' do you pay?
I mean, in general, what is that 'extra agent fee' that you have to pay on top of the cost of the item? Is that a fixed percentage of the cost of the item? How does the exchange rate work out?

MrClippy

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 16, 2018
When you are in a foreign country and you order something from Taobao through an agent (Superbuy or Bhiner or whatever), how much 'overhead' do you pay?
I mean, in general, what is that 'extra agent fee' that you have to pay on top of the cost of the item? Is that a fixed percentage of the cost of the item? How does the exchange rate work out?

For me, the cost for items was usuall 96-97% of the final price. Then there's shipping cost to the warehouse, and then shipping cost to your location. For example, my items totaled 125.42 USD, but then additional fee got it to 129.67 USD. Another item had the same fee % increase. The shipping will vary depending on size and weight.

MrClippy

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 16, 2018
Another round of Taobao lurking...
STX with ITX GPU. Comes in at an insane 220mm * 150 mm *86 mm or roughly 2.8 L. Requires those special picoPSU or dc-dc like what J-Hack sells.

SF-A4L and SF-A4L-P. Former has 42mm cpu cooler height, latter has 50mm cpu cooler height. Also allows 80x10mm fans on top and front, which is nice.

6.5 L SFX Case. Uses SFX PSU, and can support up to 62mm CPU cooler height, which is pretty neat. Without front fan installed, can support 196mm, with a 120x15mm front fan will be limited to the usual 178mm GPU.

6.9L SFX case. Like above, but now supports 63mm CPU cooler height. Unlike the above case, this one has the 120 x 15mm fan mounted on the top instead of the front. Thermodynamics says this is a better idea. GPU length is limited to 176mm.

Jonsbo T8 Mini ITX
160mm x 242mm x 218mm case = roughyl 8.4L. Case comes with a handle and can support ATX or SFX PSU, though ATX will restrict CPU cooler height from 66mm to 45mm. GPU limited to 210mm (basically that new Zotac mini card)

Sunmilo C01
185mm * 235mm * 280mm = 12.17L case. Takes SFX or SFX-L PSU, and a whopping 160mm CPU cooler along with a 120mm fan in the back or possibly AIO. GPU length 277mm, and your pick of the case on the side, or standing.

G5 Plus
What i'd call the poor man's Apple ITX. 140mm * 260mm * 320mm = 11.65L case. 300mm GPU supported

Last edited:

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
For me, the cost for items was usuall 96-97% of the final price. Then there's shipping cost to the warehouse, and then shipping cost to your location. For example, my items totaled 125.42 USD, but then additional fee got it to 129.67 USD. Another item had the same fee % increase. The shipping will vary depending on size and weight.
You mean, 3-4% of the cost of the items is the extra agent fee?
How about the exchange rate? Does an agent use the daily prevailing rate or a 'jacked up' rate ?

Let's take a hypothetical order. To make it simple, let's say you want to place an order of a single item. Say, take the Sunmilo C01, with a package volume of 40x30x30 cm and a package weight of 5kg and listed at RMB 900.

If you order this case and the shipping address is either west (or east) coast of US, how much will the total cost be?
It would be great if you can have a breakdown of how the final total cost comes to.

MrClippy

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 16, 2018
You mean, 3-4% of the cost of the items is the extra agent fee?
How about the exchange rate? Does an agent use the daily prevailing rate or a 'jacked up' rate ?

Let's take a hypothetical order. To make it simple, let's say you want to place an order of a single item. Say, take the Sunmilo C01, with a package volume of 40x30x30 cm and a package weight of 5kg and listed at RMB 900.

If you order this case and the shipping address is either west (or east) coast of US, how much will the total cost be?
It would be great if you can have a breakdown of how the final total cost comes to.

So I bought this case listed at CN ¥718.00 (went for package A or with honeycomb airflow) in May. Exchange rate at the time had the product come out to $109.28 according to Superbuy (though today it would be around $104.98).

Add in a PCIe Riser for ¥106.00, which Superbuy says exchanges to $16.14 (today's value on google says $15.50).

The total wound up to $125.42 USD according to Taobao (today's exchange rate says $120.48) before shipping to the warehouse which I can't find the yuan value, but says $4.27 to ship to the Guangdong warehouse making for a total of $129.67 (turns out there is no % fee for superbuy, as I made a mistake of using today's exchange rate rather than what exchange rate was in May at the time of payment; exchange rate today would make it $120.48 + 4.26 = $124.74, which is 96% or 4% off from what I paid - OR they are giving me an exchange rate that is 4% off).

Then there's the shipping to west coast USA; they originally estimated it to be $42 + custom fees of $1.20 + optional insurance $2.58 - discount of $1.35 came out to be $44.43. But the actual came out to be $36.90 so they have refunded $5.10 back to my account for future or extraction through Paypal (never did this yet). I'm not sure if they presented the yuan prices for shipping as I can only remember the USD values. Someone else can confirm if I've been scammed on shipping.

Total for everything including the shipping comes to about $169.02 which isn't too bad for a made to order case. I paid well over $250 for a mATX case from Case Custom Mod in Ukraine and that took half a year from the payment date to arrival. My experience with LZmod Studio has been overall good as their cases are real sturdy for being aluminum while being light and also only taking a month from payment to arrival. Only thing is a lack of manuals and lots of tinkering with the power button since I had no idea which was the LED pins and which were the actual power pins...

Last edited:

ywori

Trash Compacter
Jul 6, 2018
Hi can anyone point my way to searching for mini ITX cases with handles on taobao?

Like the jonsbo t8 mini itx above?

Thank you

MrClippy

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 16, 2018
Hi can anyone point my way to searching for mini ITX cases with handles on taobao?

Like the jonsbo t8 mini itx above?

Thank you

Not sure if it will work, but you can try google translating "handle" to mandarin and then try putting "taobao itx" in front of that when you search google?

These are the ones I know of.

【Lz-a4】itx mini a4
Basically Dan A4 with a handle. 8.5L

Smaller version at 5.3L

C24 and C26; under 10L and 14L respectively

Reactions: Weredawg and ywori

ywori

Trash Compacter
Jul 6, 2018
Not sure if it will work, but you can try google translating "handle" to mandarin and then try putting "taobao itx" in front of that when you search google?

These are the ones I know of.

【Lz-a4】itx mini a4
Basically Dan A4 with a handle. 8.5L

Smaller version at 5.3L

C24 and C26; under 10L and 14L respectively

Thanks! I tried typing handle in chinese into taobao but maybe i got that one wrong

Analogue Blacksheep

King of Cable Management
Dec 2, 2018
For people who have ordered through Superbuy I was wondering what this means:
We have urged the seller to ship, but the seller didn't reply to us the date of shipment, and we will help you follow until delivery.

I also got an email saying the shipping has been deferred. I'm assuming this means the seller hasn't given Superbuy the tracking number?

MrClippy

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 16, 2018
For people who have ordered through Superbuy I was wondering what this means:
We have urged the seller to ship, but the seller didn't reply to us the date of shipment, and we will help you follow until delivery.

I also got an email saying the shipping has been deferred. I'm assuming this means the seller hasn't given Superbuy the tracking number?

I've gotten that before. I also sent an inquiry about it, to which Superbuy usually answer and badger the seller for date of shipment. Usually it's because the seller has to stock up or make it on demand from whatever parts he has. One case for me the seller delayed for getting things together for packaging. Another time, the same deffered statement was apparently due to the seller was still making the product. your mileage may vary.

Analogue Blacksheep

King of Cable Management
Dec 2, 2018
I've gotten that before. I also sent an inquiry about it, to which Superbuy usually answer and badger the seller for date of shipment. Usually it's because the seller has to stock up or make it on demand from whatever parts he has. One case for me the seller delayed for getting things together for packaging. Another time, the same deffered statement was apparently due to the seller was still making the product. your mileage may vary.

Would the best course of action would be to just wait and let it sort itself out?

MrClippy

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 16, 2018
Would the best course of action would be to just wait and let it sort itself out?

I'd still inquire, so that you can figure out why it is happening or at what is the holdup at the given stage.

You can inquire with the "Contact" button. Then you'll have an "enquiry", where they'll keep a record of your communication with their agent.

BaK

King of Cable Management
Bronze Supporter
May 17, 2016
Thank you guys for posting all these interesting cases, and a special one to @tinyitx for the help on translation!

When looking at these two builds:

I've stumbled upon this very low profile C13 plug:

I've looked at the comments but I didn't find any info related to it.
Does anyone know where to look at?
Would be nice to buy it!

batterybull

Trash Compacter
Jul 28, 2018
Thank you guys for posting all these interesting cases, and a special one to @tinyitx for the help on translation!

When looking at these two builds:

I've stumbled upon this very low profile C13 plug:

I've looked at the comments but I didn't find any info related to it.
Does anyone know where to look at?
Would be nice to buy it!

There is an acrylic and an aluminum version and they are 2.2 and 3.6 dollars respectively (approx). The prices are for 25-50cm cable lengths with longer ones available on request. There are also two connector orientations.

Plan on getting them for my next build!

Edit: forgot the link

Last edited:

BaK

King of Cable Management
Bronze Supporter
May 17, 2016
Wow fantastic! Thanks a lot! :thumb:

Next step is to find the reference to the male plug so that we can make our own custom ones! :p