Other What's on Taobao

AURMEND

Destroyer of PCs
A&M Solutions and Design LLC
Jul 30, 2018
Another round of Taobao searching.

Some people have been taking this dan a4 style and shrinking even more. Geeklab had a listing previously. Here's another one; max GPU length of 269mm for the reference cards, max CPU cooler height of one Noctua l9i (39mm), and uses a 1U psu - all in 5.5 litres.

Little is described about these cases. The pictures seem to range from itx to matx, and other than those pictures, the only information I got from reviews is that it is fast to produce.

Cases with handles always stick out to me as practical. Jonsbo has some interesting practical cases.

Not really a case, but thought it was interesting that this handle and stand was very creative. I would even go so far as to say that stand is very static and grounded.

Just ordered the 5.5L one. Let's see how it turns out

Reactions: renecop545

AURMEND

Destroyer of PCs
Jul 30, 2018
Did you order their riser cable as well?
Do a brief review and post some pics when you are done with this build please.
Yes I ordered the riser cable. It probably gonna take 2 months to arrive if it gets made. My only worry is the Flex ATX PSU.

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
Yes I ordered the riser cable. It probably gonna take 2 months to arrive if it gets made. My only worry is the Flex ATX PSU.
The website says if you ordered between 1st June and 12th June, the case will be shipped out on 12th July.
This is quite typical of many Taobao cases. Usually, the production cycle takes about 25-30 days.
So, it is usually 1 month after a period opened for order that the production is finished and shipped out to customers. Some smaller shops only have non regular periods opened for ordering while larger shops (with a larger number of orders) will do it on a monthly basis.

MrClippy

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 16, 2018

AURMEND

Destroyer of PCs
Jul 30, 2018
@riposte previously mentioned the Maker-time. https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z10.1-c.w4004-17203802120.7.12763398161Mzq&id=567897537938

There's finally a reviewer with pictures on Taobao, meaning it's not just fictional 3d renderer.

327 × 340 × 129mm so around 14L with two gpus, but gonna have to look for that flex atx that supports two gpus, or maybe just go wireless card or vive 60ghz wireless card or something.

Your best bet is a modded Enhance 600w Platinum. The one GEEEK sells is way over priced. Gonna have to solder both GPU power cables which is very difficult (for me)

batterybull

Trash Compacter
Jul 28, 2018
Your best bet is a modded Enhance 600w Platinum. The one GEEEK sells is way over priced. Gonna have to solder both GPU power cables which is very difficult (for me)

I just ordered this, same oem unit modded and fully modular like GEEEK, the silver plated teflon cable option cost me 140 dollars including shipping. You can also customize all the cable lengths at no cost (under 30cm) and replace the fan with a noctua (100 rmb).

AURMEND

Destroyer of PCs
Jul 30, 2018
I just ordered this, same oem unit modded and fully modular like GEEEK, the silver plated teflon cable option cost me 140 dollars including shipping. You can also customize all the cable lengths at no cost (under 30cm) and replace the fan with a noctua (100 rmb).

Thanks for the link, definitely like this modular setup better than Geeeks, and they have the Teflon wires that I really like.

I still have to return Geeek's AcBel PSU since it's unreliable when booting up with NVME drives

batterybull

Trash Compacter
Jul 28, 2018
Thanks for the link, definitely like this modular setup better than Geeeks, and they have the Teflon wires that I really like.

I still have to return Geeek's AcBel PSU since it's unreliable when booting up with NVME drives

Only (consumer) Enhance flex psu's are brand new (and up to 600w), everything else: Delta, FSP, AcBel, etc are all pulled from old servers and seem like a lottery quality/reliability wise... they are a lot cheaper though with only up to 500w. 80+ platinum on this unit is just a plus, and the watts/liter is even higher than the sf750.

Some extra info from the seller:
By default it comes with a sunon fan which the seller claimed to be pretty close to a noctua 40mm, and can be swapped for any 12v 2pin fan.
Fan speed is temp (voltage not pwm) controlled and not fixed speed.
The teflon wires used are 20awg for more flexibility. He also does daisy chains and stuff with the cables if that's your thing.

Mine should be here in a few days!

CC Ricers

Shrink Ray Wielder
Bronze Supporter
Nov 1, 2015
Here's a customized Ghost S1 with a retrofitted pump/radiator/block combo for the large top hat. Crazy what you can find in modded cases there sometimes.

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
Here's a customized Ghost S1 with a retrofitted pump/radiator/block combo for the large top hat. Crazy what you can find in modded cases there sometimes.

That is way too cool, wish I could get my hands on one.

dacamel

Cable Smoosher
Jun 27, 2019
Greetings from germany,

my girlfriend is currently in China for about 2 months. While she is away im planning to build an mini-itx hackingtosh for her studies.
Well the components would be:

asrock z390 phantom gaming-itx/ac
I5-8500
16GB Ram
SFX L BeQuiet 500W
Sapphire RX570 Pulse (Nitro doesnt fit in many cases)

So the plan is that she will order one good case on taobao and bring it back to germany.

Im looking for a case (should be apple like), so good material quality, nothing crazy fancy, more minimalistic.
Power Supply should be SFX and the cooling possibilty would be good with 240mm AIO or maybe 2x240mm down air + 2x240mm top air if possible with the sandwich configuration. Windows kits are not import, i think the full alumium body looks better ; )

My Favorite seems to be the Cube X1
Cube X1

The Dora D1 (Very Pricy)
Dora D1

or the K99 8 (Very fair price)
K99

Are there some other good deals maybe ?

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
Im looking for a case (should be apple like), so good material quality, nothing crazy fancy, more minimalistic.
Power Supply should be SFX and the cooling possibilty would be good with 240mm AIO or maybe 2x240mm down air + 2x240mm top air if possible with the sandwich configuration. Windows kits are not import, i think the full alumium body looks better ; )

Are there some other good deals maybe ?
There are so many. Just copy and paste this '' ITX 机箱'' (meaning ITX case) Taobao's Search and you have pages and pages of cases to look at.
A latest comer is BS2.
Read the seller's 'open box' here:-

If you want better material quality, price will be higher. Just cannot get away from this universal rule.
Sunmilo T03 is also an option to consider.

renecop545

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 2, 2018
There are so many. Just copy and paste this '' ITX 机箱'' (meaning ITX case) Taobao's Search and you have pages and pages of cases to look at.
A latest comer is BS2.
Read the seller's 'open box' here:-

If you want better material quality, price will be higher. Just cannot get away from this universal rule.
Sunmilo T03 is also an option to consider.
Is this by the same maker of the smallest one? Looks very similar. How are you finding all these builds on chiphell btw? When I search for builds like the UC A4F-XL and the zs-a4s on chiphell, I always get a blank ?

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
Is this by the same maker of the smallest one? Looks very similar. How are you finding all these builds on chiphell btw? When I search for builds like the UC A4F-XL and the zs-a4s on chiphell, I always get a blank ?
Yes, that guy also makes the smallest one.
Check out his shop here:-

You do not have to 'find' these builds. Just go to the 'PC hardware' sub-forum and usually, whenever a new case is released by a maker, he would do an open box and a sample build to 'advertise' the new product. Then, you can use the info (either the maker's name or his case name) to search on Taobao.

The sub-forum is here:-

Last edited: