Other What's on Taobao

InfernoZeus

SFF Lingo Aficionado
May 23, 2017
I've just found this, which appears to be an adapter you can use with Enhance's FlexATX PSUs to make them modular. Could someone help me with the the translation?

It seems there's two versions - Power-G, which has a 6-pin connector for the GPU, and Power-H, which has extra connectors for HDDs. There's also two mounting options, I think, A or B - I presume this is dependent on which PSU you're modding?

There are a couple of things I'm not sure about though. It seems to mention something about PSUs less than 300W, and PSUs more than 350W:
300W以下改全模组 焊接手工费 50
买家提供电源,不含线材,拍下备注HA套件或HB套件

350W以上改全模组 焊接手工费 70
买家提供电源,不含线材,拍下备注GA套件或GB套件

And there are also more purchase options than just GA, GB, HA, HB - are these for various extra wire combinations?

Reactions: chyll2

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
4 combinations for the modding:- G and H refer to wattage/model of the PSU. A and B refer to the orientation of the modding, decided by the direction of the PSU installation so that the modding faces in a direction convenient to cable management.

H = less than 300W (which I suppose meaning PSU model number 7025B(250W) and 7030B (300W) = Power-H V8.4 output layout = having MB, CPU, HDD1 and HDD2 output)

G = more than 300W (which I suppose meaning PSU model number 7140B(400W) and 7660B (600W) = Power-G V8.3 = having MB, CPU, 6-pin GPU, HDD and SSD)

A= 'regular' orientation and B is simply the 'mirror image' or 'reverse' orientation, physically speaking.

For the pic you posted above, if you supply him a PSU of 300W or below, he charges a fee of RMB 50 for soldering. For this option, it is basically HA or HB.
If you supply a 350W (I think this might be a typo since there is no 350W model), the fee for soldering is RMB 70. For this, it is either GA or GB.

Finally, in addition to the 4 combinations (HA, HB, GA, GB), you can choose either silicone cables or silver plated cables. And, adapter cable for converting 4-pin to 'notebook optical drive 6-pin power cable' (literal translation).

InfernoZeus

SFF Lingo Aficionado
May 23, 2017
4 combinations for the modding:- G and H refer to wattage/model of the PSU. A and B refer to the orientation of the modding, decided by the direction of the PSU installation so that the modding faces in a direction convenient to cable management.

H = less than 300W (which I suppose meaning PSU model number 7025B(250W) and 7030B (300W) = Power-H V8.4 output layout = having MB, CPU, HDD1 and HDD2 output)

G = more than 300W (which I suppose meaning PSU model number 7140B(400W) and 7660B (600W) = Power-G V8.3 = having MB, CPU, 6-pin GPU, HDD and SSD)

A= 'regular' orientation and B is simply the 'mirror image' or 'reverse' orientation, physically speaking.

For the pic you posted above, if you supply him a PSU of 300W or below, he charges a fee of RMB 50 for soldering. For this option, it is basically HA or HB.
If you supply a 350W (I think this might be a typo since there is no 350W model), the fee for soldering is RMB 70. For this, it is either GA or GB.

Finally, in addition to the 4 combinations (HA, HB, GA, GB), you can choose either silicone cables or silver plated cables. And, adapter cable for converting 4-pin to 'notebook optical drive 6-pin power cable' (literal translation).

Thanks for the very thorough translation - Google translate can only get you so far ;)

I'm looking at the 7660B model, so GA or GB for me. You mentioned that there's a fee for the work of installing this adapter onto the PSU - does this mean the part itself isn't actually for sale? I'd rather do the installation myself.

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
Thanks for the very thorough translation - Google translate can only get you so far ;)

I'm looking at the 7660B model, so GA or GB for me. You mentioned that there's a fee for the work of installing this adapter onto the PSU - does this mean the part itself isn't actually for sale? I'd rather do the installation myself.
That fee is applicable only when you want him to do the modding for you. Of course, you will have to mail him your PSU. The fee is for soldering the modding cables onto the PCB, shown in that 6-step procedure pic.

You surely can buy the part itself. For GA (and the other 3 cost the same), it costs RMB 50. This includes the PCB and the support/mounting bracket. That is, the one in the bottom of the pic below.

InfernoZeus

SFF Lingo Aficionado
May 23, 2017
That fee is applicable only when you want him to do the modding for you. Of course, you will have to mail him your PSU. The fee is for soldering the modding cables onto the PCB, shown in that 6-step procedure pic.

You surely can buy the part itself. For GA (and the other 3 cost the same), it costs RMB 50. This includes the PCB and the support/mounting bracket. That is, the one in the bottom of the pic below.

Ok, great! Seems like a very reasonable price.

Thanks for your help!

jivedonkey

Minimal Tinkerer
Feb 5, 2017
Curious - does anyone know if any of the ~ 4L Taobao cases (K39, Nano S1, Loli, etc...) have just a tiny bit extra clearance for CPU/RAM height? I was hoping to find something that has 43-44mm of clearance, but most seem to top out at 38-40mm.

I did notice the Loli1 Cube A4 says something about 40mm (then 43mm RGB?) under the CPU subheading - but I'm not exactly sure what its saying;

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
Curious - does anyone know if any of the ~ 4L Taobao cases (K39, Nano S1, Loli, etc...) have just a tiny bit extra clearance for CPU/RAM height? I was hoping to find something that has 43-44mm of clearance, but most seem to top out at 38-40mm.

I did notice the Loli1 Cube A4 says something about 40mm (then 43mm RGB?) under the CPU subheading - but I'm not exactly sure what its saying;

Best thing to do is ask @tinyitx for a translation, he is very good about it.

Wanted to add, thank you @tinyitx for that.

Reactions: jivedonkey

renecop545

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 2, 2018

According to Google translate, "able to expand to 43mm supports wide RGB fans". Really curious to see how this would work though, cause I can't see how the case is expandable from any of the pictures

Reactions: jivedonkey

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
According to Google translate, "able to expand to 43mm supports wide RGB fans". Really curious to see how this would work though, cause I can't see how the case is expandable from any of the pictures
This translation is quite close. It says ''may expand to 43mm, supports ('big time') modding of RGB fan''.

It does not say how or what is the expansion. But I can make an educated guess.
The expansion gives an extra 3mm clearance. And the majority of the case parts is 3mm Aluminum. I put these 2 data together as I do not think the additional 3mm clearance is an accidental coincidence. So, I suspect the area of the side panel that is above the CPU cooler could be removed/cut/modded (probably forming part of the design logo of the side panel as well?). Thus, the 3mm thickness of the side panel becomes the extra clearance. And, I bet that the opening could somehow be fit a 'modified' RGB fan (which looks like what is shown in the pic to me).

I suppose one has to contact the seller to confirm this.

jivedonkey

Minimal Tinkerer
Feb 5, 2017
Thanks for the info and I bet you are indeed right. I see a bunch of sellers offer custom logos on the side panels so it's likely how they explain the additional clearance.

I really like the hexagon designs on many of them, so I guess I'll just keep looking for one that offers the clearance without modifying the side panels.

Appreciate the help all!

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018

OK, I did a quick Baidu search on Taobao.
a) SGPC's K39 v2 (3.9L)
47mm CPU clearance and 50mm RAM clearance.
There is just a thread about this case in this forum too.

b) Wolf figure's T39-2 (3.9L)
42mm CPU clearance

c) Tbox's M4X (4L)
50mm CPU clearance + 55mm RAM clearance
A review:- https://post.smzdm.com/p/adwl32en/

When cases go this small, you really need to study the cooling design of each carefully.
I only list these as examples of being close to your need of CPU/RAM height.

renecop545

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 2, 2018
Does the K39 v2 actually fit 47mm coolers though? Looking at the backplate there's not much space from the motherboard, and if you look at the m4x (a case that's verified to fit the cryorig C7) you can see that the motherboard side has extra clearance, which doesn't exist in the K39. The case dimensions support this too, the K39 is 100mm in width, whereas the m4x is 113mm in width. Pretty sure the K39 v2 still only has a max CPU cooler height of 38mm or less (though I know it says 47mm on the K39 page, which seems super misleading)

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
I do think K39 v2 fits 47mm cooler (and maybe even more?).
Evidence:-
a) ID Cooling IS-40X is one of the 3 mentioned cooler supported. It is 45mm tall.

b) An ID Cooling DK-01S is bundled for free (?) (and an USB extension hub as well). DK-01S is 43mm tall.
An user review confirms 43mm fits.

The same guy reviewed the v1 here:-

c) One of the 3 coolers mentioned is Jonsbo HP-400. It is a 36mm heatsink + 15mm fan, making it 51mm.
The website says a 12025 could be used, making it 61mm tall! I think this might be a typo here as 61mm is highly unlikely. Rather, I think it was meant to be 12015, meaning to replace the stock Jonsbo 90x90x15 fan.
51mm might be possible (see this:- https://post.smzdm.com/p/av7kx547/) ?

d) I think 100mm case width might not be accurate. IIRC, an extra 10mm was added for version 2 to give the extra CPU cooler clearance. So, it is not 3.9L but a 4.4L case (So, it should be renamed from K39 to K44) ? Just compare v2 and v1's rear panel. Compare the 2 reviews I listed above or take a quick look at the 2 pics below:-

Lastly, this member @Curiosity has the K39 v2. Maybe ask him to confirm.

Last edited:

renecop545

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 2, 2018
I figured out how the Loli1 fits a larger cooler, they actually make a 2nd version of the chassis that's wider and includes a front USB port. From the pictures on reviews on the Taobao page (you can see that the new wider chassis actually fits a cryorig c7):

Lastly, this member @Curiosity has the K39 v2. Maybe ask him to confirm.
Posted the question on his thread, curious to see what he finds.

Greyvest

Chassis Packer
Jun 23, 2017
I figured out how the Loli1 fits a larger cooler, they actually make a 2nd version of the chassis that's wider and includes a front USB port. From the pictures on reviews on the Taobao page (you can see that the new wider chassis actually fits a cryorig c7):

Posted the question on his thread, curious to see what he finds.
I checked with the seller of loli. Indeed it's the latest version and cpu cooler now supports 48mm. Chasis volume expands to 4.7liter with new power button made by himself and usb port.

jivedonkey

Minimal Tinkerer
Feb 5, 2017
I think the updated 4.7L Loli1 is going to be my target, just need to figure out how to request that larger one in silver and see if I can add in a modular PSU and riser cable (or find another source for those two items).