Other What's on Taobao

Valantar

SFF Guru
Jan 20, 2018
Correct. Formula X1 has been made to it's 12th version but color difference remains a problem in case of Grey color. Black and Silver/White color will have less problem on this.
That's understandable; both of those colors are likely more opaque (i.e. more heavily loaded with pigment), while the gunmetal either has less pigment in the dye or depends on a shorter soak time to allow for some of the base metal color to impart that signature gunmetal look.

Edit: wait a minute - are you a representative for the manufacturer?

Reactions: ChrisMCP

rainmaker33

Chassis Packer
May 8, 2020
This is the downgrade version of Formula X1 with a bit compromise on the size to fit more hardware.
Where can I view pictures of the interior of this Acat X1? The description states it can mount a top 120x12mm fan, but I am wondering how to mount it, cos when I look at the Formula X1 case interior, there's no fan mounting holes on top.

thelaughingman

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 14, 2018
Where can I view pictures of the interior of this Acat X1? The description states it can mount a top 120x12mm fan, but I am wondering how to mount it, cos when I look at the Formula X1 case interior, there's no fan mounting holes on top.
if you look closely at the 2nd picture that I posted, there are rails on both sides to mount any fans / radiator that you'd want. the gaps between that "plate" and the PSU mounting plate is sufficient to mount a slim 120mm - I dry-tested it with a Noctua NF-A12x15 :)

rainmaker33

Chassis Packer
May 8, 2020
if you look closely at the 2nd picture that I posted, there are rails on both sides to mount any fans / radiator that you'd want. the gaps between that "plate" and the PSU mounting plate is sufficient to mount a slim 120mm - I dry-tested it with a Noctua NF-A12x15 :)
Thanks. I think I miss out on that picture with the top rails for fan mount.

Reactions: thelaughingman

tanookz

What's an ITX?
New User
May 27, 2020
I'm interested in getting a Kevcase V1.1, anyone here bought one? Also, does it come with the power supply extension lead?

AcatFormula

Cable Smoosher
Aug 26, 2019
That's understandable; both of those colors are likely more opaque (i.e. more heavily loaded with pigment), while the gunmetal either has less pigment in the dye or depends on a shorter soak time to allow for some of the base metal color to impart that signature gunmetal look.

Edit: wait a minute - are you a representative for the manufacturer?
Not exactly but I can answer most of the questions about products.

vyral_143

Caliper Novice
May 18, 2020
I'm interested in getting a Kevcase V1.1, anyone here bought one? Also, does it come with the power supply extension lead?
I have bought one and probably 2 weeks away from getting it. It does come with power supply extension cable.

Also just a teaser but it looks like I might be able to fit a slim 120mm above the PSU AND a thick 120mm below the PSU at the same time :D
I would love to see this in a picture !

Kevcases on Taobao have listed Arctic White variant for Ghost S1. Batch of 50 cases with lead time of 45 days.

Link

Reactions: tinyitx

rainmaker33

Chassis Packer
May 8, 2020
I have bought one and probably 2 weeks away from getting it. It does come with power supply extension cable.

I would love to see this in a picture !

Kevcases on Taobao have listed Arctic White variant for Ghost S1. Batch of 50 cases with lead time of 45 days.

Link
Somehow white cases reminds me of those beige/white looking PC case from the 90s. 😁

ChrisMCP

Trash Compacter
Jun 16, 2018
I think that a comparison between a WDean Dora R1S and Formula X1. You can tell from the logo on the back plate. Seems like Formula X1 is of better quality.
I concur. The x1 seems like a better QA and has several design improvements, while R1S is more of a direct 1 to 1 clone of S1 (which is a bad thing).

Reactions: thelaughingman